OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Dornenglanz II
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 01:20 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
So, I guess I was late on this, but evidently Mark Koeller of TTDD.DE and Spinlord mentioned on Noppentest that there will be a new version of Dornenglanz, the Dornenglanz II, which is supposed to be a more durable version of the first one. Clearly it can’t be identical with new properties, but it’s certainly got my curiosity piqued.

He also revealed it will be for sale starting in December of this year.

Has anyone heard any other rumors?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Post subject: Re: Dornenglanz II
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 06:45 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I hope that won't mean I can't get original Dornenglanz... I love it just the way it is! I might stock up!

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 19:21 
Super User

LordCope wrote:
I hope that won't mean I can't get original Dornenglanz... I love it just the way it is! I might stock up!

same here. switched to DGz few months ago and have never played better. I will stock up in the next few weeks.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 18:03 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Very interesting indeed! I can't believe they would stop selling the original DG as I would guess it's their most sold product (of course I might be wrong on that one though). However, if the new one is a complete success and they see a big drop off in sales for the original DG then maybe they do.

You never know though, they might come up with something better.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 23:05 

Hey all, to be clear, I didn't see anything about plans to discontinue the original Dornenglanz. Just that they will be producing a new version to be released in December. Let's not all panic yet! LOL. :D

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 01:41 

Quote:
I can't believe they would stop selling the original DG

Naah :) They have Degu and Degu II
Adler I & II
Marder I, II & III
So why not Dornenglanz and Dornenglanz II?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 17:55 
Super User

What is the donenglanz best properties?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 18:47 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

ridderz65 wrote:

I would say the high spin reversal combined with the high control and predictability. Usually those are hard to combine as well as the Dornenglanz does IMO. It also chops pretty good for a LP in that category.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 02:47 
Super User

auzcar wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

I would say the high spin reversal combined with the high control and predictability. Usually those are hard to combine as well as the Dornenglanz does IMO. It also chops pretty good for a LP in that category.

Does the donenglanz come with sponge? What difference would sponge make to this rubber?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015, 03:22 

ridderz65 wrote:
auzcar wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

Does the donenglanz come with sponge? What difference would sponge make to this rubber?

agree 100% with Auzcar...it's so predictable for the user, and very high control while still being dangerous on passive blocks and chop blocks. I think it chops as well as any sponged rubber out there in every way except spin variation (it is OX after all).

But control, trajectory, ease, are good, and you can still vary the spin enough.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 02:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Today I got to look at and feel DG II. I was on a training camp with Lars from Japsko and Hans Thalin (Fabian's coach). I haven't been using DG and I almost never play ox so I can only judge from looks. And it looks like somewhere in between of DG and Agenda. It will be on the market around Christmas. Japsko (and Fabian I guess) helps Spinlord with feedback and they got several versions of the new DG and told Spinlord which one they thought was the best. And that's the one Spinlord chosed to put into production.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 08:37 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

This is really irritating my EJ nerve, but at the same time I'm very careful as I haven't felt this confident in my setup in 5-6 years.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2015, 16:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
This is really irritating my EJ nerve, but at the same time I'm very careful as I haven't felt this confident in my setup in 5-6 years.

Like I said, I only compared them with my fingertips. How they play can be something else.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 19:02 
The King

Note to self or haggisv: add colors to the translated parts,cant do that in tapatalk.

Recently more text was added to the dornenglanz 2 info piece, summary for people who don't want to read the whole thing: great at everything and perfect for plastic ball:

Ende Dezember 2015 wird der SpinLord Dornenglanz II erscheinen. Vorläufige Artikelbeschreibung:
Das wichtigste gleich am Anfang: Natürlich wird der Dornenglanz weiter angeboten. Optisch sind beide Beläge sehr ähnlich, spielerisch gibt es jedoch deutliche Unterschiede. Der Dornenglanz II ist somit keine verbesserte Version des Dornenglanz, sondern eine eigenständige Weiterentwicklung.
Die Noppen des Dornenglanz II haben die gleiche Breite und Länge wie die des Dornenglanz. Auch die Beschaffenheit der Noppenköpfe ist gleich, jedoch sind die des Dornenglanz II nicht klebrig.

They will keep selling dornenglanz 1,d1 and d2 are visually very alike, playing with d1 and d2 there is a clear difference. D2 is not an improved version of d1 but a newly developed rubber. The pips are the same width and length as d1. The top of the pips is also the same but not sticky.

Der Abstand zwischen den Noppen ist bei dem Dornenglanz II minimal größer als bei dem Dornenglanz.
Die Noppen des Dornenglanz II sind zudem robuster als die des Dornenglanz.
Die Gummimischung des Dornenglanz II wurde vollkommen neu entwickelt.
Diese ist zwar wieder mittelhart und auch das Tempo entspricht dem des Dornenglanz. Dennoch ist sie spielerisch ganz anders.

The distance between the pips is marginally more than with d1. The rubbermix is completely new, again medium hard and similar in speed to d1. Even then it plays completely different.

Der Dornenglanz II ist eine Allroundnoppe für leistungsstärkere Spieler, denen herkömmliche Allroundnoppen nicht genug Störeffekt bieten. Der Dornenglanz II ist schneller und gefährlicher als die bisher von SpinLord angebotene Allroundnoppe Blitzschlag bei nur etwas geringerer Kontrolle.
Der Dornenglanz II ist dabei in wirklich allen Schlägen sehr stark. Zugegeben ist er im Blockspiel am Tisch nicht ganz so gefährlich wie der Dornenglanz.

D2 is an Allround pip for players who feel the current allround pips don't have enough disruptive effect. D2 is faster than blitzschlag and has a little less control. D2 is very good on all strokes but in blocking close to the table not as dangerous as d1.

Er ist aber auch in dieser Kategorie sehr gut, da Blockbälle mit dem Dornenglanz II kontrollierter sowie sehr kurz und flach gespielt werden können. In der Offensive ist er fast so stark wie der Sternenfall, und in der Unterschnittabwehr ist er gefährlicher als der Agenda bei fast genauso guter Kontrolle.
Der Dornenglanz II ist die ultimative Waffe für das variable Defensivspiel mit häufigeren Störschlägen und schnellen Wechseln zwischen einer passiven und aktiven Spielweise.
Besonders effektiv ist er mit den neuen Plastikbällen spielbar, da er dem Umstand Rechnung trägt, das für diese Bälle häufig etwas härtere und schnellere Beläge gebraucht werden.
Lieferbar ab Ende Dezember 2015 in ox, Preis € 19,90.

But it's still good close to the table because close to the table blocks with d2 are more controlled, short and flat. On offensive strokes it's almost as good as sternenfall and on defensive strokes it's more dangerous than agenda with almost the same level of control. D2 is the ultimate weapon for a variable defensive style with quick changes between active and passive strokes. It's especially good with the plastic ball because the plastic ball needs a bit harder and faster rubber. Available from December 2015 in ox, 19.90 euro

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 19:15 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Well, not as interesting for me anymore then, I almost feel relieved haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next