OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 03:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2017, 22:03 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Andro Rasanter r47 2.3mm
BH: S&T Hellfire 0.9
Just wanna know your ideas on different LP's. I'm wondering why it's your faverouite LP and your thoughts on it, I don't have much awareness of all the differences in a lot of pips, so justvwant to expand my knowledge and options available. My faverouite (I don't have much experience) is TSP curl P4. I like it mainly due to the soft sponge and grip it has. It's very easily controlled and is deceptive. What about you?

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2017, 15:04 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
"ModernDef", I have used many LPs starting with a sponge under the rubber but soon moving away from that to OX. 8) Initially using Tibhar Grass D.Tecs (a bit unpredictable) :sweat: then Dr N's Viper which is a good rubber with good spin reversal & control but finally moving on to Spinlord Dornenglanz which is outstanding with similar properties to the Viper but better :*: :up: So I now use the LP on my BH but definitely with OX (no sponge) :clap: :clap: :party:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2017, 17:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
So many pips I have tried... But for safe and deadly chopping (and for learning chopping) Dawei 388D is outatanding, both in ox or with about 1,0 mm sponge depending on what you like. But for a more allround game where you need to generate som spin yourself I like Feint Long II with some sponge (never tried FL III). P-4 is good and safe but just a little too predictable. I have also used TSP Millitall II (MP) and that is also good.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 08:43 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Tried quite a few looking for LP’s that are slow, fairly insensitive to spin and good for blocking, aggressive pushing and a bit of chopping from further back. P3aR is my current choice. Not grippy so not ideal for chopping but very controllable nevertheless. Great for passive blocking and has some disruptive effects close to the table. I also like Neubauer No.1 for similar reasons. It has even slower softer pimples, easy to control with not quite as much deception over the table but a little better for chopping. Closer to an allround pimple I’d say.

Currently experimenting to see if I want to incorporate more mid-distance chopping in my game and occasionally trying some LP’s that are better suited for that (e.g. Agenda, Jayro).

I’ve been using LP’s for less than a year so still might be a while before I settle on a preferred style and LP to suit. Quite possible that I will keep a couple of different set ups.

Last edited by Dusty054 on 21 Dec 2017, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 08:46 
Super User

My top 3 : Bomb Talent, Dawei388D and PalioCK531A. All in OX :D

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2017, 22:39 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Best one by far is Giant Dragon Talon National Team, red ox
I also like regular Dragon Talon but not as good as the National Team versoin.
Another good one is Giant Dragon Snowflake which plays very similar to Talon
Of course, Tibhar Grass DTecS is also still good but since the spec change in 2011, ball comes off a little too high for my taste
Sauer&Troeger Hellfire plays pretty good but I noticed a huge difference between sheets.. One of them was very slow and the other one was medium fast.. The slow one was awesome but the faster one had little control.. Maybe I have to get another one to see if it's closer to the first or 2nd one that I tried..
Another good rubber is Spinlord Zeitgeist.. Based on my experience, the black version in ox plays better than red ox. Black seems to have lower throw than red, at least on my Neubauer Firewall Plus blade.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 00:30 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Globe 979 OX

Like it better than regular Talon and Crop Circles.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 05:08 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
LOOPOVER wrote:
Globe 979 OX

Like it better than regular Talon and Crop Circles.

Globe 979 seems to be the lowest friction pip out of the box.. Not all sheets have that little friction but I had something like 20 sheets of them and some of them were pretty damn low in friction out of the box.. Overall, very good rubber too, just not in my top 3 but it would make my top 5..

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 07:26 
Super User

Totally agree with PB and Loopover. Globe 979 OX is also a great long pips rubber. At no.4 on my list. ;)

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 09:00 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
LKT Strangers.

The easiest long pips to play ever. :)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 10:23 

Tough question because multiple variables are required for a responsible reply. Do you chop mid-distance or far or do you play like pushblocker? What type of blade are you using? Feel comfortable close to table or stages 2, 3? Age, mobility? What's your strong suit? weakest? Coach McAfee, limited in his mobility but with outstanding experience and reach, used Dr. N Titan with GD Cropcircles OX. Nevertheless, to prefer CC or not over Talon or Snowflakes by the same manufacturer would be tough without more info; to do so against such as Viper, P-1R, etc. is almost impossible without knowing what characteristics and playing style each of us brings. My contribution would go as follows: close to table player, aggressive attack with lp ox but, if placed on defense, will side swipe or chop block all day long against power loopers. Can chop mid-distance but rarely move there. Preference is for grippy lp, low throw that benefits from active stroke, on a combination blade (balsa core). In my, repeat my, experience (which is probably 1/1000 that of pushblocker) these preferences would go as follows: GD CC=P1-R>Mo Wang=Snowflake>Dornenglanz II>Pogo>755. Having stated this I will also say I find Pogo equal to CC in the attack but we're looking at overall playing characterstics, right? There are others but this will give you some dimensionality to the question.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 22:00 

Where can I get the National Team version of Talon? Is it available in the States?

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 01:25 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
Tried so many :headbang:

P4: for creating your own spin and control.
FL2: slowest and control, control, control. More deceptive than P4.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 02:58 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
epictetus wrote:
Tough question because multiple variables are required for a responsible reply. Do you chop mid-distance or far or do you play like pushblocker? What type of blade are you using? Feel comfortable close to table or stages 2, 3? Age, mobility? What's your strong suit? weakest? Coach McAfee, limited in his mobility but with outstanding experience and reach, used Dr. N Titan with GD Cropcircles OX. Nevertheless, to prefer CC or not over Talon or Snowflakes by the same manufacturer would be tough without more info; to do so against such as Viper, P-1R, etc. is almost impossible without knowing what characteristics and playing style each of us brings. My contribution would go as follows: close to table player, aggressive attack with lp ox but, if placed on defense, will side swipe or chop block all day long against power loopers. Can chop mid-distance but rarely move there. Preference is for grippy lp, low throw that benefits from active stroke, on a combination blade (balsa core). In my, repeat my, experience (which is probably 1/1000 that of pushblocker) these preferences would go as follows: GD CC=P1-R>Mo Wang=Snowflake>Dornenglanz II>Pogo>755. Having stated this I will also say I find Pogo equal to CC in the attack but we're looking at overall playing characterstics, right? There are others but this will give you some dimensionality to the question.

Hi epictetus
So are you saying GD CC is your favourite long pimple rubber?

Mine to date is Sauer and Troger Hellfire ox.

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 03:15 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Original Dornenglanz is still my favorite.