OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 03:52 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
#1: Pushblocker's Dragon Talon :devil:
#2: Tied between Dornenglanz OX and P-1R 1.0mm

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 04:23 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:

Interestingly enough, quite a few folks (myself, Japsican...) do not currently play with their favorite rubber (that would be me), or are too lazy to update their profiles/signatures.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 04:35 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Andro Rasanter r47 2.3mm
BH: S&T Hellfire 0.9
epictetus wrote:
Tough question because multiple variables are required for a responsible reply. Do you chop mid-distance or far or do you play like pushblocker? What type of blade are you using? Feel comfortable close to table or stages 2, 3? Age, mobility? What's your strong suit? weakest? Coach McAfee, limited in his mobility but with outstanding experience and reach, used Dr. N Titan with GD Cropcircles OX. Nevertheless, to prefer CC or not over Talon or Snowflakes by the same manufacturer would be tough without more info; to do so against such as Viper, P-1R, etc. is almost impossible without knowing what characteristics and playing style each of us brings. My contribution would go as follows: close to table player, aggressive attack with lp ox but, if placed on defense, will side swipe or chop block all day long against power loopers. Can chop mid-distance but rarely move there. Preference is for grippy lp, low throw that benefits from active stroke, on a combination blade (balsa core). In my, repeat my, experience (which is probably 1/1000 that of pushblocker) these preferences would go as follows: GD CC=P1-R>Mo Wang=Snowflake>Dornenglanz II>Pogo>755. Having stated this I will also say I find Pogo equal to CC in the attack but we're looking at overall playing characterstics, right? There are others but this will give you some dimensionality to the question.

Thanks for the reply. Personally, I chop mid distance, but my point wasn't to ask you what's best for me, but what you like and why. Just a Q from your response, are you saying CD is your faverouite for your style or something else. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 04:35 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
nachalnik wrote:
Where can I get the National Team version of Talon? Is it available in the States?

Not available in the USA..

Only place that you can get it from is

http://www.ttdd.de

e-mail [email protected]
and tell him what you need.. You can pay using paypal. He does ship to the US. His english is good even though I e-mail with him in german as german is my mother language..

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 04:43 

pgpg wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Interestingly enough, quite a few folks (myself, Japsican...) do not currently play with their favorite rubber (that would be me), or are too lazy to update their profiles/signatures.

Yes, that is me. Too lazy.

I played with DG for most of the Joola Teams until I ruined it trying to glue the wings down...then I went P-1R. Results were about the same though but sucked to have to adjust mid-tourney.

And right now, I'm playing with Jpen and Shakehand inverted only. Just not happy with defense these days. Jpen is so hard and I suck, but it's making me happy until I get my head right.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 01:31 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Favourite is Hellfire in OX - I've tried many others, but Hellfire is optimal for me - I can control it, attack with it, chop with it, chop/push block with it, it has some reasonable reversal and some reasonable deception, but control is what I look for above all, because who cares about reversal and deception if you can't keep the ball on the table time after time after time?

Other likes: Dornenglanz, Dtecs 0.5.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 05:07 
Super User

Blade: Re-impact Tachi
FH: Palio Thor's
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Pushblocker wrote:

e-mail [email protected]
and tell him what you need.. You can pay using paypal. He does ship to the US. His english is good even though I e-mail with him in german as german is my mother language..

Am I correct in thinking the rubber is supplied with a glue sheet?

Blade: Re-Impact Tachi. BH: Grass DTecS (ox, new version) FH: Palio Thor's max

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 08:45 

vo2man/moderndef:

Can confirm GD CC is my preferred ever since Coach McAfee visited our club and convinced me to move to lp. "What are you doing with double inverted? 90% of veteran players use pips". Who's to argue? In any case, as time has moved on and curiousity got the better of me, checked all the other lps but kept returning to CC. Lately, have moved to mid-distance and the chopping with OX is lovely. Opponents, for some reason, have difficulties with changes in the chopped spin. Having said that, (1) have chopped with P1-R and it's also great; and (2) as noted before, have attacked close-to-table with Pogo 0.6 and thought it was the ultimate solution. It wasn't; as the saying goes, for every peak there's a valley. Choosing a favorite, therefore, is an exercise in small compromises (which maintains the EJ industry and our dreams of finding that ONE.....reminds you of choosing a mate)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 18:46 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: Trick Anti
My currently favorite LP in OX - Neptune. On my soft blade it's a great chopping/allround pip. It can create decent amount of spin so the no-spin balls are not problem for me.. I can occasionally block with it and hit.. and chopping is a dream)
The second best for me is GD Meteorite. - Superb allround pip with less spin then Neptune.
But I play something like modern defense with a lot of twiddling. And what I want from a pip is to have some grip. I really don't care if the ball is funky or not from my pips) I need control over the spin and speed.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2017, 22:10 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Fish wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

e-mail [email protected]

It has been several years since they sold the Talon with glue sheet.. For the last 4 - 5 years, Talon came without glue sheet.. For a while, they included a separate glue sheet in the package but in the last couple of orders, there was no glue sheet..

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 01:02 

Pushblocker wrote:
Fish wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

e-mail [email protected]

It has been several years since they sold the Talon with glue sheet.. For the last 4 - 5 years, Talon came without glue sheet.. For a while, they included a separate glue sheet in the package but in the last couple of orders, there was no glue sheet..

Talon is it as durable as grass Dtecs?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 03:46 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1- 1.9MM
BH: GD Meteorite .05MM
Giant Dragon - Meteorite 0.5mm is my current favorite. Can pretty much do everything I need it to do.

III. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm; BH: Victas V > 01 Stiff 2.0mm

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 04:25 

Riot207 wrote:
Giant Dragon - Meteorite 0.5mm is my current favorite. Can pretty much do everything I need it to do.

I am glad it is working for you! I am using the same when playing LPs. I think I'm keen to try it in 1.0mm. But I've been playing double inverted lately.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 04:46 

Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1- 1.9MM
BH: GD Meteorite .05MM
Japsican wrote:
Riot207 wrote:

I am glad it is working for you! I am using the same when playing LPs. I think I'm keen to try it in 1.0mm. But I've been playing double inverted lately.

Thanks!

I've consistently been beating a couple guys around usatt 1900 at my club since switching to Meteorite, and have convinced a couple of my buddies to make the switch as well :)

Double inverted!! I'm quite jealous, I miss being a dual wing looper, but being able to play with no pain in my wrist is the best.

III. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm; BH: Victas V > 01 Stiff 2.0mm

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2018, 00:25 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
@gzubik yes, talon is pretty durable...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.