OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: LP or anti
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 03:27 
Super User

I have been Out with a wrist injury and I still have A bit of trouble with it.

Would it make sense to choose a anti for blocking and chopping ?
If so Which anti would be the most allround ?

I play a modern defensive game, but I am afraid to hurt my wrist If I have to chop All the time.

What are Your views on this ?

Post subject: Re: LP or anti
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 07:02 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Have you had any doctor's advice? You could also consider swapping from the JSH to something much lighter, at least for a while.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 07:12 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I had a similar situation, actually have still! And I put frictionless anti on the backhand for both blocking and chopping. You won't generate much spin, of course, but it is very consistent and you can do low, skimming chops either slow or fast. Against top spin you can send back quite spinny balls with some chopping techniques.

I was using LP on the backhand for a bit as well, though this aggravated the wrist at times because when attacking back spin some times you need to snap the wrist up a bit. With anti, everything is pretty much flat movements, either blocking or hitting. There may still be some wrist snap against dead balls etc. but not very often.

So to your question, without knowing your injury at all, the anti/LP did help me! Although I had to do a total style change... but I can still play the game, so what the hell!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 08:01 
Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
Have you had any doctor's advice? You could also consider swapping from the JSH to something much lighter, at least for a while.

I have already changed from Joo Se Hyuk blade to Chen Weixing blade.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 08:07 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
I had a similar situation, actually have still! And I put frictionless anti on the backhand for both blocking and chopping. You won't generate much spin, of course, but it is very consistent and you can do low, skimming chops either slow or fast. Against top spin you can send back quite spinny balls with some chopping techniques.

I was using LP on the backhand for a bit as well, though this aggravated the wrist at times because when attacking back spin some times you need to snap the wrist up a bit. With anti, everything is pretty much flat movements, either blocking or hitting. There may still be some wrist snap against dead balls etc. but not very often.

So to your question, without knowing your injury at all, the anti/LP did help me! Although I had to do a total style change... but I can still play the game, so what the hell!

Thanks for Your reply.
Which anti would you recommend for this ?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 09:18 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Tenergy05fx wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Thanks for Your reply.
Which anti would you recommend for this ?

Any of the frictionless -- I use der materialspecializt mega-block right now, but I also have Dr N rhino, der-mat diabolic and transformer. Mega-block is the 'safest' to use I think, being the slowest. But perhaps that makes it harder to get used to than the others.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 17:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I have used most frictionless antis and they are very safe at the table but not very good for chopping. They send a dead ball back and once your opponent notice this he/she can just loop back with full force. A classic anti is better for chopping but they won’t generate much spin either and they won’t give you many easy points at the table as a lp can do.

The best frictionless anti for chopping I tried was probably DMS Diabolic or BEAST. Diabolic has a softer feel and a more dynamic sponge. Neubauers antis have hard sponges and unless you are used to chopping with LP in ox they will feel a little unsensitive in that game.

For classic antis I think Kees is the person to ask. He recomended me a slight grippy and very slow and controlled anti, I think it was from Donic. Look at his signature or look up that thread in the anti-section. Stiga Energy absorber was another Antinto consider.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2017, 18:56 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Andro Rasanter r47 2.3mm
BH: S&T Hellfire 0.9
Is your wrist causing you pain? If it is, I'd wait until your fully recovered because it might get worse and worse, you wanna be going back to your MD chopping ASAP, so I don't think changing your game will help.