OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 19:04 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
eyyyy what a great session last night.
First want to say thank you to all the tips given.
I focused on 3 things last night, more diagonal stance when able to, more length in my swing and swinging from head down. Big difference.
The extra swing and head down made the biggest difference, my chops were closer to the net and longer on the table but more importantly had some serious backspin sometimes that even shocked me.

I also tried the wrist thing but my timing and consistency was so off I stopped after 10mins coz I wasn't getting anything from it at this time. Will try this when I am able to do some multiball.

I played against an international veteran champion and he commented sometimes my chops were really nice and heavy. So there is definitely progression :D

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

Last edited by Ndragon on 18 Feb 2018, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2018, 21:47 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Ndragon wrote:
eyyyy what a great session last night.
First want to say thank you to all the tips given.
I focused on 3 things last night, more diagonal stance when able to, more length in my swing and swinging from head down. Big difference.
The extra swing and head down made the biggest difference, my chops were closer to the net and longer on the table but more importantly had some serious backspin sometimes that even shocked me.

I also tried the wrist thing but my timing and consistency was so off I stopped after 10mins coz I wasn't getting anything from it at this time. Will try this when I am able to do some multiball.

I played against an international veteran champion and he commented sometimes my chops were really nice and heavy. So there is definitely progression :D

If your swing is longer, you'll automatically get more speed. That serves the same purpose as using more wrist. It's only, when you'll be an advanced player, you'll be able to do both simutaneously. Imagine the backspin on those balls! ;)

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2018, 19:28 
Super User

Lorre wrote:

If your swing is longer, you'll automatically get more speed. That serves the same purpose as using more wrist. It's only, when you'll be an advanced player, you'll be able to do both simutaneously. Imagine the backspin on those balls! ;)

I can do it when someone gives me a block or slower topspin drive or dead ball. But yeah I can imagine. The main comment by 2 people was the 2nd chop onwards were normally very loaded

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2018, 20:00 
Super User

I am trying to arrange to get a certain someone to have a training session (once a month if possible) with. He was a top junior and when he went off to uni years ago he reached very high in the mens ETTA ranking in a very short period. Even now he hasn't played in a long long time he is still top 100 somehow lol.
I would love to film that as I am sure he would push me pass my limits and could get some awesome chop rallies.

Friday night I had the pleasure of training a bit with the best chopper in the Premier Division Local League. He said my BH chops were good but I need to hit more with the pips as in this lower lvl play (comparing to top players in England I guess) it will win points. He gave me a few tips, one of which to twiddle (but it's too early for me I think).
I then knocked and played with a division 2 young guy who I had played previously, nice to play with since he plays a more orthodox top spin game so I can get a better grasp of my BH chops, he is one of the people who commented my chops have improved and especially the 2nd chop is always loaded.

Last night I had the pleasure of again playing with a Vets international Champ! He is not afraid to loop or smack right through almost every chop. Along with him there were another 2 Premier Division players and we all played top table for an hour and half. I managed to get a set or 2 against them but mostly its me losing lol. Although the sets were pretty darn close sometimes.

Overall I can say my BH has improved as a whole, especially the close to table bumps/shovels and the mid distance chops. More importantly though (even more so than winning) is when I hit a nice chop I ALWAYS get a buzz and feel so satisfied. Makes me want to BH chop everything lol. However I can feel I have neglected my FH and definitely lost points due to inconsistency.

On a side note. How can I change the title of this thread? or would I have to make a new one, since I am no longer reviewing anything lol

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2018, 18:46 
Super User

hey guys for anyone following I have made a new thread here with a new video

would love to hear from the same people who gave me tips or comments if they see any improvement etc.

My Vlog / Blog