OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 09:14 

hello, could anyone recommend a good cheap long pips combination for practice? me and my team are have faced a few very tough long pips players and it's hard to deal with their push, chop, flick, smash (especially push and chop). so, we thought perhaps we could make a good racket to practice against one another, maybe even a cheap one using chinese rubbers and blade.

i thought for example LKT instinct + kokutaku 911 (ox/0.5)?

actually i'm not sure whether ox or some sponge is best to have a racket which serves as a good training tool for general learning to play vs. long pips, because even if most we faced played ox long, the best was a chopper and had i think at least 1.5mm sponge. does it make a significant difference, maybe i should consider one with ox and one with sponge? thanks.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 10:51 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
ejms1906 wrote:
hello, could anyone recommend a good cheap long pips combination for practice? me and my team are have faced a few very tough long pips players and it's hard to deal with their push, chop, flick, smash (especially push and chop). so, we thought perhaps we could make a good racket to practice against one another, maybe even a cheap one using chinese rubbers and blade.

actually i'm not sure whether ox or some sponge is best to have a racket which serves as a good training tool for general learning to play vs. long pips, because even if most we faced played ox long, the best was a chopper and had i think at least 1.5mm sponge. does it make a significant difference, maybe i should consider one with ox and one with sponge? thanks.

I suggest getting cheapest OX rubber and putting it on whatever spare blade you have lying around. Should be enough to give you weird balls and practice against LP in general. You can chop with OX just fine too - at the end of the day quality of the chop is going to be determined by whoever is on the other side holding the paddle.

By the way, players who push/block with LP at the table are somewhat different from the choppers. Quite different play styles and both can be skilled in their own evil ways.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 10:58 

pgpg wrote:
ejms1906 wrote:

I suggest getting cheapest OX rubber and putting it on whatever spare blade you have lying around. Should be enough to give you weird balls and practice against LP in general. You can chop with OX just fine too - at the end of the day quality of the chop is going to be determined by whoever is on the other side holding the paddle.

By the way, players who push/block with LP at the table are somewhat different from the choppers. Quite different play styles and both can be skilled in their own evil ways.

i got an old donic blade (waldner allplay) which i'll put the kokutaku 911 on, which i think will do then. thanks.

yeah, you're right, and the thick sponge long chopper was definitely the most annoying of them for me; at some point it becomes a struggle to try and lift the backspin and it seems their chopping is effortless compared. the push blocker you can at least push deep against yourself and fish for a good drive or flick opportunity from it!