OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2018, 23:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Im currently using best anti and have no trouble with serves(league level div 1)
Im enjoying practicing with dtecs in ox and believe from what ive read that they are insensitive to spin,
Is it easy to play back very difficult serves with this rubber.
I have received some serves from lower level players and i just push back off the bounce.this causes a nasty return.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2018, 23:41 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

peterpong wrote:
Im currently using best anti and have no trouble with serves(league level div 1)
Im enjoying practicing with dtecs in ox and believe from what ive read that they are insensitive to spin,
Is it easy to play back very difficult serves with this rubber.
I have received some serves from lower level players and i just push back off the bounce.this causes a nasty return.

Wow, an ultra def player Peter, anti and lp ox, !!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 00:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^^Its a work in progress mate.It may be abandoned.I may just try and get easy returns from the nasty dtecs and get the forehand asap.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 15:17 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
That's a coincidence. I've been using DTecs OX/Best Anti 1.3 recently with pretty good results. The only problem is without my heavy underspin serves I'm getting killed on serving. If I could figure that out I'd be happy.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 18:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Another twist to your coincidence is the fact that i am going to buy the dr n barricade-im picking one up on friday second hand.
against very good players i usually serve a backspin motion with the anti to confuse.you should start a thread on the dr n barricade defence blade :Defense:

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 19:01 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

peterpong wrote:
Another twist to your coincidence is the fact that i am going to buy the dr n barricade-im picking one up on friday second hand.
against very good players i usually serve a backspin motion with the anti to confuse.you should start a thread on the dr n barricade defence blade :Defense:

I've been using an old TTMaster blade with this setup

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 22:19 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
peterpong wrote:

I have Barricade and I'm still trying to figure out what is it good for. Absolutely the slowest blade I've seen, plus I've put LP and slow inverted on it :?: . Struggled to put ball over the net. Which style is it best suited for?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 22:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

pgpg wrote:
peterpong wrote:

I have Barricade and I'm still trying to figure out what is it good for. Absolutely the slowest blade I've seen, plus I've put LP and slow inverted on it :?: . Struggled to put ball over the net. Which style is it best suited for?

Just really good control and flat smashing. It works for players who stand at the table with lousy footwork and block down opponents.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 22:42 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
pgpg wrote:
peterpong wrote:

Just really good control and flat smashing. It works for players who stand at the table with lousy footwork and block down opponents.

Alright, I'll give it another chance then.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 22:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

You want to do acute side-to-side angle blocking and if they pop it up flat hit it.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 00:42 
Super User

pgpg wrote:

I think the Barricade is too slow also. But this guy uses one with good results: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNffAH94Ono&t=905s

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 13:40 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

mynamenotbob wrote:
That's a coincidence. I've been using DTecs OX/Best Anti 1.3 recently with pretty good results. The only problem is without my heavy underspin serves I'm getting killed on serving. If I could figure that out I'd be happy.

4-0 with this crazy setup tonight against mediocre competition, but really had fun. :Chop:
Nittaku Anti way better than Butterfly. :up:

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 18:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

4-0 with this crazy setup tonight against mediocre competition, but really had fun. :Chop:
Nittaku Anti way better than Butterfly. :up:

i really didnt like butterfly anti.i have tried the old version (slow)and the new version fast.terrible for chops.NBA has amazing control.the set up above is good but the loop is gone on the f/h.if you get used to twiddling i think it will annoy people like hell.i have seen someone else use a similar set up-he uses yasaka anti power on the forehand-this would give more power and the anti is softer.