OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Long Pip Love Needed!
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 14:41 
Super User

Blade: Hallmark Aurora
FH: Haifu Dolphin
BH: Pogo
Wow okay first this has ever happened me to this extent before. So moved to new town and went to a league. Started at lowest level and beat everyone. Last guy I played started complaining about my long pips right off the bat. He said garbage, junk, whatever. Then he said it was bullshit and his buddy I beat earlier started chiming in to say same thing. It really upset and I didn't care if I won or lost at this point. Just not very sportsmanlike.

Surprise, I ended up beating him too but it was close but he refused to shake my hand at end of game. I said at least I didn't spend $75 on tenergy to get beat by "garbage."

I don't know kinda just sad from the experience. I came from the bay area and most of my partners could beat me pretty easily no matter what I'm playing. A coach suggested I switch to LPs. I saw other people in higher groups at this new club player LPs, MPs and even a hard bat player. Just need some encouragement from other pips players that have experienced hostility. Please advise.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 14:44 
I am Legend
I am Legend

You're always going to get whingers. Even if you beat them with tenergy.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 15:05 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

They're just salty mate.

Let them complain. Keep beating them. smile sweetly.

Like I do :-)

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 16:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Your not alone in last week's team match:
Player one after handshake:"Bloody pips should be banned"
Player2 during match:"I don't know what to do!"and continues to serve with heavy spins :up: ,after handshake and rather aggressively :"why didn't you use f/h more it's not fair should be banned ,ball was moving all over the place"(music to my ears I can't see this from my end)
I was a bit taken aback and didn't react to this,I feel that if There is a repeat I may put in a complaint,the level of aggression was too much ,the lp is Ittf approved .

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 16:26 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes I think we've all been there... it's particularly common in the lower grades where they simply don't understand pips, and get frustrated.... and need to blame it on something.... anything but their own skills. :lol:
As you climb the grades, people understand them better, and also respect that it takes considerable skills to use long pimples.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 18:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I think most players who uses something else than double inverted has had that or similar experience. I know I have several times, both young and old players. And you always know that the will never be great table tennis players because they are not up for the task. The haven’t the curiousity needed to be great players. 9 months ago I faced the second best player in Sweden born 2005 when I used frictionless anti on BH. He won first set, then I won the others rather easily. He never once complained about my rubber, he just tried to get a grip on what to do, trying different strategies and so on. He is now long past my level I guess (haven’t played him since) and I am sure he will be a great player.

So, be prepared for more situations like that but don’t let them get to you. Just be aware that they will never be great players.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 19:25 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Dummy spitters! I’ve had those sorts of comments since the 70’s and 80’s when I was playing with anti. It's music to my ears. You know you’re on top when your opponents are feeling frustrated.

Last edited by Dusty054 on 22 Mar 2018, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 19:53 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I always just like to say, "intelligent players never seem to have problems with it" :)

Then again, recently, someone accused my Tenergy of being illegal because it was "too spinny". He said, "I use Tenergy, it's brand new, and I don't get anywhere near that much spin". Yeah mate, that's because you're a bang-average player with very low arm speed and really poor technique. You don't generate any spin, it's not your rubber!

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 22:09 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
dunc wrote:
Then again, recently, someone accused my Tenergy of being illegal because it was "too spinny". He said, "I use Tenergy, it's brand new, and I don't get anywhere near that much spin".

Priceless! :rofl:

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 22:49 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Aye, absolutely hilarious. I genuinely found it funny, as did most of my teammates - and his!

Even if he was generating spin, I'd be relatively capable of dealing with it where he clearly isn't. But yeah, it's still definitely the rubber - mine must be super-glueboosted.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 23:24 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Use a children's blade and it will aggravate them further... That's what I did. Evil me...

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 01:27 
Super User

The honest truth is that I was in better ping pong shape than the guy using my legs. If I played inverted for a few weeks, it would still probably be close. He was just so hostile.

Anyway thanks for the support. I know who to look out for now. The funny thing is at the higher level I saw all kind of crazy paddles and style.

Thanks again I feel great again. I'm going back.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 02:09 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
It's easy. You just say ok hot shot... let me see you do a loop or even serve without that fancy over priced high tech grippy inverted rubber you've got there! You can't play without that factory tuned nonsense!

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 02:24 
Super User

haha that's basically what I told him. my whole setup is less than one of his rubbers.

it was a tag team deal with his other buddy, just didn't feel like a great introduction to club. but owner seems nice. i'm going back next week and whatever...speak softly and carry a cheap stick

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 09:42 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
It is funny, tell them if they can't stand the long pips, just forfeit, challenge another table.

Years ago, when I was twiddling a lot, some players would not play me, say too difficult.

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed