OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 04:51 
Super User

I've recently decided to take the plunge and try out long pips on my backhand (I have been using short pimples OX for years). I'm a fairly strong player with an all-round game, maybe 60/40 70/30 in favour of defense. I'm trying to modernize my defensive game and would like to hear your thoughts regarding which long pips would be best suited to chopping heavily with good spin variation and hitting when it's there to be hit.

Currently testing Tibhar Grass D. TecS and find it to be good for hitting and blocking but it's a bit awkward when defending. Spin variation doesn't seem that great either. Ordered Feint Long II and III, but I haven't received them yet.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 05:25 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Snowman89 wrote:
I've recently decided to take the plunge and try out long pips on my backhand (I have been using short pimples OX for years). I'm a fairly strong player with an all-round game, maybe 60/40 70/30 in favour of defense. I'm trying to modernize my defensive game and would like to hear your thoughts regarding which long pips would be best suited to chopping heavily with good spin variation and hitting when it's there to be hit.

Currently testing Tibhar Grass D. TecS and find it to be good for hitting and blocking but it's a bit awkward when defending. Spin variation doesn't seem that great either. Ordered Feint Long II and III, but I haven't received them yet.

Knowing you were a SP player, sponged Feint Long 3 or Sponged P-4 will be very similar to SPs in OX in terms of grip and variation. They are very grippy, and can create a lot more spin than any other LP. The other LPs will have less grip, and therefore less variation. The less sponge they have the less grip they will have, further reducing variation.

Dtecs are slippery, and therefore the definition of an LP that lacks variation. Even in sponge. P-1R and F2 are grippy, but a step down from F3 and P4. But more popular and very effective.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 05:37 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
Snowman89 wrote:

Knowing you were a SP player, sponged Feint Long 3 or Sponged P-4 will be very similar to SPs in OX in terms of grip and variation. They are very grippy, and can create a lot more spin than any other LP. The other LPs will have less grip, and therefore less variation. The less sponge they have the less grip they will have, further reducing variation.

Dtecs are slippery, and therefore the definition of an LP that lacks variation. Even in sponge. P-1R and F2 are grippy, but a step down from F3 and P4. But more popular and very effective.

Cheers for your reply. My Grass D. TechS is OX but I've ordered Feint Long II and III in 1.1mm sponge (hopefully the sponge will help with spin generation). I'll try out Curl P-1R and P4 as well I think as well then.

BH - TSP Curl P1r 1.5mm

Standard Setup 2
Blade - Joo Sae-Hyuk ST
FH - DHS Hurricane 3 Neo 2.2mm
BH - TSP Curl P4 1.5mm

Hardbat Equipment (Former Full-Time Hardbat Player)
Blade - Marty Reisman custom 5 ply Hock
Rubber - Yasaka Cobalt Alpha OX

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2019, 00:58 

Blade: Andro Treiber Off
FH: Tenergy 05 2mm
BH: Qing soft 0.5
I would recommend you take a look at Qing Soft 0.5mm. Benefits I have found to be true, not just sales pitch

1. Overall - Highly disruptive to opponents
2. Great degree of spin reversal
3.Disruptive/unpredictable trajectory when attacking
4. Consistent for close chop blocking and for away from the table chopping.
5. Inexpensive

I use a variety of blades and set ups as I train highly efficient top level juniors that loop using Tenergy and/or Evo rubbers etc. They lack variety in many ways as they all play similar games, so when they travel to Eastern Europe and play against choppers they struggle. So I have incorporated training vs me twiddling Tenergy 05 2mm and Qing soft 0.5mm. They now have to really think and this enhances their overall level.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2019, 02:02 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I will go with MPs. Hybrid rubbers combine Sp and LP characteristics. Some more on the LP side and some more on the SP side. I will go on the forum about the Mps carateristics and see what they have to offer. Agressor will be good for you. A lot of bacspin and reversal. Can hit better than LP alone. Other also like Power pips, Hellcat etc. Go see . If you have question, ask me questions if you like in that forum.