OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metal TT death
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 12:23 
Super User

METAL TT wrote:

http://www.allezping.com site actually list USA as possible shipping adress.
You can make your order.

Best Regards
M.Faso

Thanks. I will look into this. Can you tell me about the Black blade? How many plies? What is the outer wood ply? Is it limba, Koto, Hinoki, or something else. Is it good for looping? I play with Dr. Neubaeur Hercules blade and find it to be excellent for looping. Is Black better suited for looping or flat hitting?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 07:09 

Blade: Metal tt black
FH: Joola express ultra
BH: Metal tt Death
NoFootwork wrote:
METAL TT wrote:

http://www.allezping.com site actually list USA as possible shipping adress.
You can make your order.

Best Regards
M.Faso

Thanks. I will look into this. Can you tell me about the Black blade? How many plies? What is the outer wood ply? Is it limba, Koto, Hinoki, or something else. Is it good for looping? I play with Dr. Neubaeur Hercules blade and find it to be excellent for looping. Is Black better suited for looping or flat hitting?

Hello,

Black Blade has 5 plies: ayous, glass fiber, kiri, glass fiber, ayous.
It is good for both looping and flat hitting.

I don't know Hercules blade characteristics so I cannot answer to this question.

Best Regards

Marco Faso
Metal TT

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2018, 07:11 

Blade: Metal tt black
FH: Joola express ultra
BH: Metal tt Death
haggisv wrote:
METAL TT: I sent you a message regarding OOAK Shop carrying these pimples, did you see this?

Hello, could you send me the message again please?

Marco Faso
Metal TT

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 11:55 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
really interesting name... but can't get it anywhere

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 16:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Joewilmar wrote:
really interesting name... but can't get it anywhere

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Japsko has it:
http://www.japsko.se/en/long-pimples/85 ... death.html

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 17:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
OOAK will likely carry it too (just waiting on details), but it might be a few weeks before we have them.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 18:20 
Super User

That's music to our ears haggisv :D

PostPosted: 04 May 2018, 01:13 

hello guys, does anyone know what death (red or black) is best at the disruptive effect?

can anyone compare with D`tecs? and also with GD? and LSD?

thank you. I'm very curious are talking a lot about this new long pimple. :devil: :D :clap: :rofl:

PostPosted: 04 May 2018, 10:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
OOAK Shop will have these in stock soon... and I'll be keen to try them myself. :oops:

PostPosted: 04 May 2018, 10:59 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
OOAK Shop will have these in stock soon... and I'll be keen to try them myself. :oops:

Oh what a tease. I thought you were posting that you already have it in stock when I saw you are the latest poster on this thread :headbang:

So how soon is soon?

What is shipping cost of an OX sheet to USA?

PostPosted: 09 May 2018, 02:33 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Tried this rubber in OX last night for the first time. My first impressions (comparing to the Gangster and Jengking, which I've been using recently) are:

(i) the rubber is neither super fast nor super slow, which is actually good with me, and generally it's good at keeping the ball low and short when necessary.

(ii) great for chopping - chops come back low and loaded, and chopping is easy, and I can see how, with a sponge, this would be an even better chopping rubber

(iii) great for attacking - was mostly using it to attack underspin or loose mid-height pop-ups, and it was good for that; the Jengking, with its firmer pips, may be even better for attacking, but Death, despite its softer pips, is still quite good.

(iv) not yet sure about blocking - when I played against some 1800-level players, I had no trouble keeping the ball low and short in blocking their loops (passively), though the reversal was pretty low, but when I played against >-2000-level players, passive blocks on strong loops weren't working, and the ball was sailing. Active chop-blocking was a bit better, but I need to figure out the angles on it, and really, I would prefer passive blocking because it's more reliable. I can do that kind of blocking more effectively with the Gangster.

(v) in returning heavy underspin serves and off of heavy pushes, I was making some errors where the ball would die into the net when I'd try to do aggressive pushes in response, but I'm assuming this is just a matter of adjusting my own technique.

Will play with it some more tonight and see how it goes, but one thing I'll say is that for anyone hoping for a miraculous rubber that saves the close-to-the-table long pips game from the havoc wrought by the new ball, the Metal-TT Death seems like a good option, but it's not some extraordinary revelation. If I change my mind on that, I'll be certain to let you all know.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 01:59 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

So I had another hit with the Metal TT Death last night, and my impression of at-the-table blocking is more positive now. I spent a good hour and a half practicing against a 2300 looper whose usual practice partner wasn't around, and after adjusting my technique a bit, I was pretty impressed with what I was able to do. In contrast to my first impressions yesterday, passive blocks are actually not bad at all, both in terms of keeping it short and even in terms of spin reversal, but where the rubber really shines is chop-blocking, in that chop-blocking is safer and more reliable (while, of course, generating more underspin than passive blocking) than with other pips I've used. You do still have to find the right angle and timing, of course (which is why I prefer passive blocking, for which nothing I've tried beats the Dr. N. Gangster).

After my practice, I then teamed up with my usual doubles partner (around my own level) to take on a team of backhand short pips partners, one of whom is around 2100 and the other of whom is around 2350. We only played two games, but we won them both, to everyone's surprise. In doubles, I use my backhand, usually the long pips side, around 90% of the time and use my forehand primarily to smash loose balls, and I was good in serve returns, uncomfortable placement, and nasty attacks. So Death didn't let me down.

My impression of long-distance chopping and attacking remain unchanged: the rubber is excellent for those. So I'm going to keep at it (have some league play going on on Thursday and a mini-tournament on Friday), and will see how I do.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 03:09 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
So I had another hit with the Metal TT Death last night, and my impression of at-the-table blocking is more positive now. I spent a good hour and a half practicing against a 2300 looper whose usual practice partner wasn't around, and after adjusting my technique a bit, I was pretty impressed with what I was able to do. In contrast to my first impressions yesterday, passive blocks are actually not bad at all, both in terms of keeping it short and even in terms of spin reversal, but where the rubber really shines is chop-blocking, in that chop-blocking is safer and more reliable (while, of course, generating more underspin than passive blocking) than with other pips I've used. You do still have to find the right angle and timing, of course (which is why I prefer passive blocking, for which nothing I've tried beats the Dr. N. Gangster).

After my practice, I then teamed up with my usual doubles partner (around my own level) to take on a team of backhand short pips partners, one of whom is around 2100 and the other of whom is around 2350. We only played two games, but we won them both, to everyone's surprise. In doubles, I use my backhand, usually the long pips side, around 90% of the time and use my forehand primarily to smash loose balls, and I was good in serve returns, uncomfortable placement, and nasty attacks. So Death didn't let me down.

My impression of long-distance chopping and attacking remain unchanged: the rubber is excellent for those. So I'm going to keep at it (have some league play going on on Thursday and a mini-tournament on Friday), and will see how I do.

Hmm....sounds like a safer Dornenglanz, chop blocks wicked, but safer, while still being good for chopping. What blade were you using?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 03:19 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Japsican wrote:
Hmm....sounds like a safer Dornenglanz, chop blocks wicked, but safer, while still being good for chopping. What blade were you using?

This rubber is pretty different from Dornenglanz, if my memory of Dornenglanz, which I'd tried only briefly, is accurate. Dornenglanz had pretty stiff pips and was good for passive blocking and chop blocking but, to me, was too one-dimensional and predictable and not dynamic enough for what I need (everyone's game is different, of course, and I know others have enjoyed great success with that rubber). Death, by contrast, has decently soft pips and can create more dynamic (disturbing) effects. For that same reason, Death is probably also far more difficult to master than Dornenglanz. You're going to make more errors.

I was using it with the Re-Impact Turbo.

PostPosted: 13 May 2018, 05:15 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Japsican wrote:

This rubber is pretty different from Dornenglanz, if my memory of Dornenglanz, which I'd tried only briefly, is accurate. Dornenglanz had pretty stiff pips and was good for passive blocking and chop blocking but, to me, was too one-dimensional and predictable and not dynamic enough for what I need (everyone's game is different, of course, and I know others have enjoyed great success with that rubber). Death, by contrast, has decently soft pips and can create more dynamic (disturbing) effects. For that same reason, Death is probably also far more difficult to master than Dornenglanz. You're going to make more errors.

I was using it with the Re-Impact Turbo.

How you compare TT Metal to the Snowflake?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!