OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 20:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I am wondering if classic anti plus long pips is a very good option to defend close to the table .Changing to anti in the bh for strong loops since Lps in ox have a problem to brake the speed of strong attacks .

Not being able to block such shots in ox has made me consider anti spin rubbers with great braking effect, hence , my defence of Spinlord Gigant .Despite its flaws, Gigant can be used to block short and then, for the next block change the rubber because as it has been discussed, Gigant becomes powerless.

With this setup the problem is that Fh attack will be poor but just wait for the opportunity for a high ball or just high enough as I learnt to attack with long pips in OX on my bh .

These days I am testing BTY Superanti 1,9 plus palio ck 531A. I am not considering the abusively expensive Flanti route unless the lottery says yes, You can !!! - :lol:

Maybe someone can advise me better on the classic anti to block or chop block.I think Superanti is a good option but I don't know if Tibhar Ellen or Nitaku best anti etc are better in this department .

What I like is block, chop block , counterattack,placement, low trajectories .

thank you :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 01:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
ive done this combo mate and also double anti.
It can work but its difficult to put anything away.
you really have to wait till they make a mistake.
at the moment i twiddle a huge amount and do a lot of chopping on the f/h with the anti.
best anti is very good on a defplay and you can block off the bounce on loops.very powerful loops can be chopped back-i will be trying an anti and p1r ox combo in due course as some decent players chop with the l/p on the f/h.
if you are a very patient player with good footwork and you are prepared to bore your opponent to death with defence then that combo may be ideal.a very good player will move you all over and play to the corners to make it difficult.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 10:36 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
It could be an uncomfortable combination to play against but I’m not sure how far you’d get. I have heard of some very good double anti/LP players but generally anti/LP players use a faster and/or spinnier rubber on the other side.

This helps to promote return speed & spin so that you can fully utilise the properties of anti/LP and disrupt the opponent’s play. The last thing you want is no spin returns. As well, you have a more offensive option for hitting winners, otherwise you’re more reliant on waiting for your opponent to make a mistake. What’s the Palio like to attack with?

I can imagine that something like Feint AG + anti could be a scary combination in the right hands.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 17:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^ i have tried dtecs in ox and fl 2 in ox with the anti combo-both good.p1r maybe the best as you can f/h chop with that.ive never tried p1r but there are loads of vids of people chopping f/h with it.dtecs and f;l2 are difficult to chop with on the f/h.
if you want a decent combo try mine-raystorm s/p on a defplay are great and you can chop nice with the raystorm.

thomas b uses p1r and chops loads on the f/h with it(its in red)-he also uses raystorm

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 18:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

peterpong wrote:
ive done this combo mate and also double anti.
It can work but its difficult to put anything away.
you really have to wait till they make a mistake.
at the moment i twiddle a huge amount and do a lot of chopping on the f/h with the anti.
best anti is very good on a defplay and you can block off the bounce on loops.very powerful loops can be chopped back-i will be trying an anti and p1r ox combo in due course as some decent players chop with the l/p on the f/h.
if you are a very patient player with good footwork and you are prepared to bore your opponent to death with defence then that combo may be ideal.a very good player will move you all over and play to the corners to make it difficult.

I agree, however, I can counterattack with the LP or anti given the right height of the ball.First I defend with Lp , if this is not successful due to the level of the player , I start twiddiling with anti and start serving short and attacking the second ball with the anti -wrist movement forward into the corners .

This setup is intended to defend first plus low trajectories and then counterattack.Of course fh attack is not as strong as with inverted - all combinations of rubbers may have disadvantages-

I am not a chopper but maybe in the near future I will start chopping on the fh with the anti.So far this set up has had great potential for me as the strong loops I cannot block with the pips I can block nicely with my Super Anti or if I start having problems with very fast long no spin balls then, the anti does the trick perfectly .

Having a decent wrist skill on the bh helps a lot to be active in the game and surprise the opponent .

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 18:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
It could be an uncomfortable combination to play against but I’m not sure how far you’d get. I have heard of some very good double anti/LP players but generally anti/LP players use a faster and/or spinnier rubber on the other side.

This helps to promote return speed & spin so that you can fully utilise the properties of anti/LP and disrupt the opponent’s play. The last thing you want is no spin returns. As well, you have a more offensive option for hitting winners, otherwise you’re more reliant on waiting for your opponent to make a mistake. What’s the Palio like to attack with?

I can imagine that something like Feint AG + anti could be a scary combination in the right hands.

I agree but my idea is to compensate the flaws of the pip with the properties of the anti.Although I lose fh attack potential I can counterattack easily with my bh as the ball will never be returned low . In the game first is defense with the pip and then use the anti so the opponent does not adapt to the pip game or when the pip game suffers due to no spin balls my anti helps to change the pace .

Palio attacks nicely after a back spin serve - if the ball has no spin it can be attacked if high enough because a bit lower than net level chances are you will bury the ball in the net - and on the fh the ball must be a bit over net level, then you can attack with no wrist movement and your arm straight making a forward movement .

Palio is fast and sometimes the ball goes long .If you train a lot , Palio can be tamed and you can adjust your strokes .Being honest 3 / 4 days under the sun reduces the friction to nearly zero and it becomes slower and more dangerous .

I like it because the trajectory is REALLY low and the spin reversal is great given the poor scenario left for close to the table defense oh! and btw you find cheap Palios in aliexpress for 4/5 dollars .

Also, it must be remembered the quality of Palio is not great and there are differences among sheets. Red palio works best , black palio looks like a different rubber and in my opinion plays rather badly in comparison to the red version .

Maybe for this season I will use Spinlord Zeitgeist or GD Talon NT if I start feeling the Palio loses consistency, which is another problem you can enounter with Palios.Some sheets have little consistency, meaning the strokes you thought were perfectly trained start going long by inches and this is not because of the fact that you lost skills, it is because some palios start losing consistency over a period of time .

I find the setup Lp plus anti a very good option to defend and counterattack and as not a lot of people has this combo it may take some time for the opponent to adapt to a rare kind of game :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 19:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

^^do you have any vids of your games.
i think the combination can work at a decent level.
double anti can also work.
ive tried all combinations and love the anti for its security and getting the ball back on the table approach.
i always mess about but then go back to my match bat combo which is anti and s/p.
the thinner butterfly super anti may be wort a try as a decent player i know uses the wrist and hits with it.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2018, 20:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

peterpong wrote:
^^do you have any vids of your games.
i think the combination can work at a decent level.
double anti can also work.
ive tried all combinations and love the anti for its security and getting the ball back on the table approach.
i always mess about but then go back to my match bat combo which is anti and s/p.
the thinner butterfly super anti may be wort a try as a decent player i know uses the wrist and hits with it.

Yes, I think it does work.I think lp + anti has much more potential than double anti.The different combination of rubbers makes the opponents' adaptation to the ball harder . Yes, Super Anti is safe , you can use the wrist nicely,it hits alright too ,however ,chopping is just decent . SA is great for blocking , not dangerous blocks but it helps a lot when the pip game starts to show its flaws .

No, no videos of me with this set up yet.Maybe during the season I may have some videos for you to watch . I am still testing a lot but I will surely stick to anti ( SA or Neo anti ) + Palio ck / Zeitgeist / GD talon NT .