OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2019, 19:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
TTbuddy wrote:
Newer footage of this guy in action. Insanely brilliant :up:

what does he use again-hes funny :rock:

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2019, 20:50 

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Xiom Vega Def 2.0
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz
He uses a Primorac OFF- blade, Adidas Tenzone Soft 1.8 forehand & D Tecs OX with 3 glue sheets backhand. I'm really pleased forum members enjoy watching him. I just assumed lots of people already knew about him. He (and loads of other defenders) are also on the table tennis defenders site (https://tabletennisdefenders.wordpress.com)

regards

Steve

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 00:18 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
SteveUK wrote:
He uses a Primorac OFF- blade, Adidas Tenzone Soft 1.8 forehand & D Tecs OX with 3 glue sheets backhand. I'm really pleased forum members enjoy watching him. I just assumed lots of people already knew about him. He (and loads of other defenders) are also on the table tennis defenders site (https://tabletennisdefenders.wordpress.com)

regards

Steve

Yes, he is excellent to watch. He makes Harimoto seem like a choir boy though...but I've softened on my distaste for over-cho'ers lately.

Funny dude nonetheless.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 01:04 

Also, I looked up "Primorac Off-"

I see Primorac and Primorac Carbon. I assume it's not the carbon. Is the plain primorac the same blade as "Primorac Off-"? It's listed as Off- but doesn't have that verbiage in the name.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 01:52 

Sorry can't help with that one. I've no experience of Butterfly blades

Steve

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 03:44 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
If you're using 3 glue sheets to increase grip/dampening... might it be easier to use a slightly more grippy long pip??

Maybe not, though I wonder what the legal limit is for that. Could you show up with 20 glue sheets on there? They have the sponge + rubber thickness outlined, but I've not looked for rubber + glue sheet limits!

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2019, 11:49 

skilless_slapper wrote:
If you're using 3 glue sheets to increase grip/dampening... might it be easier to use a slightly more grippy long pip??

Maybe not, though I wonder what the legal limit is for that. Could you show up with 20 glue sheets on there? They have the sponge + rubber thickness outlined, but I've not looked for rubber + glue sheet limits!

There are properties other than grip. He might like the braking effect. And I have to imagine it’s a different feel than either sponge or ox. I mean, just think of the differences between woods!

I actually might try this.. I like Dtecs, and I’d want some sponge. But the ESN sponge is too bouncy for my taste.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2019, 21:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
It should give a ltitle softer feel and a bit more dwell for chopping

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 08:50 

Eric Adam is quoted (via Google translate) as saying "multiple leaves allow softer ball contact". Bearing in mind that he uses his backhand mainly for chopping (& occasional kill). There is another thread on the forum where the poster says he likes thin sponge but finds the Dr N thin sponges too thick. If 0.5/0.6 mm is too thick, your choices are very limited. I think Yinhe do a 0.3 mm sponge but it's hard to find so multiple glue sheets may be your only alternative.

Steve

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 01:58 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
SteveUK wrote:
Eric Adam is quoted (via Google translate) as saying "multiple leaves allow softer ball contact". Bearing in mind that he uses his backhand mainly for chopping (& occasional kill). There is another thread on the forum where the poster says he likes thin sponge but finds the Dr N thin sponges too thick. If 0.5/0.6 mm is too thick, your choices are very limited. I think Yinhe do a 0.3 mm sponge but it's hard to find so multiple glue sheets may be your only alternative.

Steve

Pretty interesting how everyone has their own preference when it comes to the sponge thickness. I am a fan of thin sponges but I don't like them "too thin". For example, TSP Curl rubbers are 0.3 to 0.6... and I can visibly tell them apart. I personally prefer the ones that are closer to 0.6. Wish it was 0.8-0.9... And then the next step up is 1-1.3 and those are way too thick and fast for me. Dtecs 0.9 would have been perfect but I don't feel like spending 2 months to get used to another rubber (and they are crazy expensive for a pip rubber).

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 02:05 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
He might like the braking effect.

This is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to the P4... In practice I can get used to anything but in matches with my less than perfect footwork I often get caught at the table and the P4 just saves me time and time again. But to be fair, I can switch between P1R and P4 pretty easily with only minor adjustments.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 05:20 

Right now I use P-1R 0.5 more often than any other rubbers...

I chatted with WCL on facebook the other day, he'd like me to change back to 1.0mm, but I just find it so vastly different than the 0.5 (aka 0.3~0.5), and I lose the ability to bump well at the table. Why did he say 1.0mm? To keep guys at my level honest who like to dead ball things to the pips and or slow spin loop.

He hasn't coached me in person for a while, and I don't think he knows I twiddle and chop with inverted so much. LOL.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 01:46 
Super User

Japsican wrote:

I chatted with WCL on facebook the other day, he'd like me to change back to 1.0mm, but I just find it so vastly different than the 0.5 (aka 0.3~0.5), and I lose the ability to bump well at the table. Why did he say 1.0mm? To keep guys at my level honest who like to dead ball things to the pips and or slow spin loop.

He hasn't coached me in person for a while, and I don't think he knows I twiddle and chop with inverted so much. LOL.

Nice... Also I am sure I don't have to remind you of this... while his recommendation is very valuable we need to always remember that the guy is a former 2700 (?) and can chop with anything. He is Joola sponsored and often chops with Rhyzer max against his students. And Rhyzer is faster than the Tenergy. Btw I am pretty sure he already switched from JSH/P1r to Joola Chen Weixing /Joola Octopus for the same reason.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:09 

notfound123 wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Nice... Also I am sure I don't have to remind you of this... while his recommendation is very valuable we need to always remember that the guy is a former 2700 (?) and can chop with anything. He is Joola sponsored and often chops with Rhyzer max against his students. And Rhyzer is faster than the Tenergy. Btw I am pretty sure he already switched from JSH/P1r to Joola Chen Weixing /Joola Octopus for the same reason.

Exactly. So he changed from Hurricane 3 to Rhyzer? I can't believe he went to a tensor!

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:12 

I once played a game against him where he said "I'll only attack with the LPs for fun" and he proceeded to loop me off the table with P-1R. I won 2 points because he put 2 in the net. LOL And i mean LOOP...not Hit. It was crazy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next