OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 07:44 
Super User

On Womens Pro circuit... I think Manika Batra uses Dtecs. However, I'm not sure if it's sponged or OX

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 08:10 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Japsican wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
For me, slippery pips tend to make me win against better competition, and lose against worse players. With grippy pips I tend to be more consistent in terms of who I beat and lose to...

This is true for me too.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 08:23 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
ootbs wrote:
On Womens Pro circuit... I think Manika Batra uses Dtecs. However, I'm not sure if it's sponged or OX

She does use ox, but she is not a chopper...

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 08:46 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Japsican wrote:
For me, slippery pips tend to make me win against better competition, and lose against worse players. With grippy pips I tend to be more consistent in terms of who I beat and lose to...

This is true for me too.

I guess It’s because...generally speaking...most lower level players play with less spin. Therefore hitting through chops is possible when the ball is spin-less. Loopers with more skill and spin will spin the ball up by habit. For them, learning to beat LP Choppers is about making sure they don’t over loop and keep the spin weak.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 01:27 

Wouldn't you say a sponged DTecs would have similar grip to a sponged Palio CK531a? Kind of like Ma Te has?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 11:41 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Surface grip wise, but from what I recall leatherback saying, it sounded like ma te uses it on a soft custom sponge. And you know how much of a difference those can make...

Badman reloaded with 1.3 sponge is also similar to d tecs though not quite as gripless.

I dont think any of them will impart much spin on their own, if that's what you want.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 07:25 

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Xiom Vega Def 2.0
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz
There is a French defender, Eric Adam (The Butcher), who plays for a French second division club La Garde. He uses D Tecs without sponge but with 3 glue sheets to soften the impact of hard shots. There are several videos on YouTube of his club matches. The equipment might be unusual but it certainly works for him. He is a bit of a character anyway & quite entertaining to watch

regards

Steve

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 08:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
https://youtu.be/NDGuXHEFETE
Very interesting/entertaining style The Butcher,thank you Steve

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 02:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
dazzler wrote:
https://youtu.be/NDGuXHEFETE
Very interesting/entertaining style The Butcher,thank you Steve

dude is amazing

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 04:18 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
Japsican wrote:
Wouldn't you say a sponged DTecs would have similar grip to a sponged Palio CK531a? Kind of like Ma Te has?

I'm a bit below your level, but I wound up switching back from sponged D.Tecs to P1R due to difficulty doing the inverted style push with the LPs against an incoming push. The margin of error felt much lower in terms of not popping the ball up, and even when I did it right I was giving a sort of light topspin ball that better opponents got used to really fast (after a few tries in the first set they stopped missing their wide-angle flicks). With P1R it feels like my pushing (while far from perfect) is much more stable, and I'm able to get at least a little backspin on it so that higher rated opponents can't be super aggressive.

I don't know how the pros who use slippier LPs do it, for me after months trying I couldn't make it work and saw an immediate improvement when I abandoned the experiment.

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 04:23 

He is amazing. How do you know that he uses 3 glue sheets specifically? Any clue on the rest of his setup?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 04:34 

kaesees wrote:
Japsican wrote:

I'm a bit below your level, but I wound up switching back from sponged D.Tecs to P1R due to difficulty doing the inverted style push with the LPs against an incoming push. The margin of error felt much lower in terms of not popping the ball up, and even when I did it right I was giving a sort of light topspin ball that better opponents got used to really fast (after a few tries in the first set they stopped missing their wide-angle flicks). With P1R it feels like my pushing (while far from perfect) is much more stable, and I'm able to get at least a little backspin on it so that higher rated opponents can't be super aggressive.

I don't know how the pros who use slippier LPs do it, for me after months trying I couldn't make it work and saw an immediate improvement when I abandoned the experiment.

Yes that jives with my thoughts as well. Although, I managed to make it work pretty well with DG.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 13:00 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
kaesees wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Because to use that style of pips I think you have to play short game more like jian li or sun jian fei -- more bump shots with speed to hard angles, and very little attempts at pushing more often that not. Or long pushes and back up quickly preparing for the attack.

I agree with you about the difficulty with pushing vs a push using d.tecs. my games had too many freebie pop ups where I just shook my head... rather than train out the muscle memory, I too swapped back to grippier pips.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2019, 08:11 

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Xiom Vega Def 2.0
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz
@Japsican

I got the info about Eric Adam's equipment from Tennis-de-table.com forum (https://www.tennis-de-table.com/forums/ ... 581-1.html). I used Google translate as my French isn't very good but it appears he uses a Primorac blade (OFF-) & Adidas Tenzone Soft 1.8 on the forehand. Also there are much clearer videos on Youtube than the one that's been linked to, that one appears to be really old.

regards

Steve

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2019, 19:19 
Super User

Newer footage of this guy in action. Insanely brilliant :up:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!