OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2019, 15:32 
Super User

I have been playing Bomb Talent (BT) on an ALL blade (two actually!) for a long time and just love it. It is very effective and I find it offers good control. Rather slow too but may not be as slow as Trouble Maker (TM)? Can't say because I have not tried TM though it appears to be very tempting with all its good reviews :P

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2019, 15:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes I've tried both too...Troublemaker is considerably slower.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2019, 16:09 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
it does seem quite effective... I like BT...

Which brings me to a question, I've posted on http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35932&p=373069#p373069

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2019, 23:08 

haggisv wrote:
Yes I've tried both too...Troublemaker is considerably slower.

I second this. BT is faster and, I found, very receptive/suceptible (sic...how do you spell that word!) to spin. Great for attacking but very grippy. I found BT great for hitting but terrible for blocking and receiving serve. As I said, it would take me ages to learn how to use it. TM you can slap on your blade and work away. Less dangerous but easy to use and great control. Grip when you need it but, amazingly, does not respond to incoming spin. Which is why its not a great passive blocking rubber but requires a chopblocking motion or sideswipe on blocks.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 15:45 

Hi pimple rubber players,

There are lots of Long pimples out there on the market. Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker OX could be one that you may consider.
I have been playing with this for a while. Its slower than Dtecs, that is for sure. However, it is a pretty good and solid all-round rubber. It is easy to play and able to block, chop, hit and execute all other lp strokes with good control and consistency!

Following is a video for sharing showing some highlights with Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker OX in competition!

Enjoy!
PingpongStephenTai

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 17:51 
Super User

Thanks for sharing Stephen. First time I have seen a video of someone playing this rubber in competition. Looks very good. :up: Love your BH rolls from under the table to up with the pips. Your opponent was having all sorts of issues coping with the variation in your play :headbang: . It was very obvious you were fully in control. :rock:

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2019, 19:52 

Thanks TTBuddy for your appreciation!

I notice that there are twenty pages in this topic, so there must be quite a number of followers who are interested in Dr.N Trouble Maker and like to explore its performance in games.

I am just an ordinary player who loves LP OX for defending and attacking. Realizing that showing just casual demos wont tell much about the rubber. So, the best way is to show how it plays in competition. That is why I posted this one up in order to let people who are interested to have a bit of understanding of how it plays!

Bear it in mind, to me, this is just an all-round LP which cant match the weirdness of DTecs. However, its beauty is easy to play with control and able to perform LP strokes reasonably well!

Enjoy! :) :) :)
PingpongStephenTai

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 01:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Well, I can see Stephen plays well, controlling the game and I think coming from D. Techs makes playing Tm even easier .Stephen is right; the best thing is to see how a rubber performs in competition .The video can show how controllable Tm is .The reversal varies depending on the blade.We seemed to agree that Tm is very blade dependent ,,however , we have not been able to see how reversal works in the video .

Maybe, when Stephen has the chance to record a video against a strong looper, we will be able to see the degree of reversal . :?:

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 11:29 

Hi Charmander,

I am not a good chop blocker. In games, I mainly do block, chop, hit and other lp strokes only. Therefore, its hard to tell how much reversal TM generates. I reckon its doable. However, will try to simulate its reversal effect when time comes!

Regards
PingpongStephenTai

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 19:35 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have now lost 2 pips in 4 months of playing. The circled sweet spot has become quite soft, and I think it might affect the playing properties. :( I ordered a new sheet. :up:

Attachment:
käki4.jpg
käki4.jpg [ 202.57 KiB | Viewed 1223 times ]

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2019, 22:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

pingpongstephen wrote:
Hi Charmander,

I am not a good chop blocker. In games, I mainly do block, chop, hit and other lp strokes only. Therefore, its hard to tell how much reversal TM generates. I reckon its doable. However, will try to simulate its reversal effect when time comes!

Regards
PingpongStephenTai

Thank you so much , Stephen ! You are very kind ; please, you could also tell us the blade you will be using? It does seem Tm needs at least an all+ , off - blade to get , at least, decent reversal .

Your game is versatile by performing different lp strokes , great !!

regards,

Char def

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2019, 10:47 

Hi Charma Def,

I have been using Dr. N World Champion blade. Its an Off.

Using what speed of blades really depend on your style of play. If you are a modern defender, you need FH or even BH twiddling or BH OX drive to finish the point as setup by your BH chop blocking or other lp strokes. Certainly, you need fast blade.

From your signature Def and the way you talk about reversal spin, I guess you are more defender type mainly chop blocking and keeping ball short. In this case, a Def+, A or A+ or blocker type would do the trick. But again, how much reversal also depends on your skill n your wrist movement n posture etc. I guess most LPs can do the trick. So, it's really hard to say. Best way to improve is to watch more chop blockers how to play and imitate the actions!

Hope I have answered your questions!

Good luck!
PingpongStephenTai

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2019, 23:47 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
pingpongstephen wrote:
Thanks TTBuddy for your appreciation!

I notice that there are twenty pages in this topic, so there must be quite a number of followers who are interested in Dr.N Trouble Maker and like to explore its performance in games.

I am just an ordinary player who loves LP OX for defending and attacking. Realizing that showing just casual demos wont tell much about the rubber. So, the best way is to show how it plays in competition. That is why I posted this one up in order to let people who are interested to have a bit of understanding of how it plays!

Bear it in mind, to me, this is just an all-round LP which cant match the weirdness of DTecs. However, its beauty is easy to play with control and able to perform LP strokes reasonably well!

Enjoy! :) :) :)
PingpongStephenTai

Hi Stephen,

Have you tried Elite Long pimple? Its quite similar that detcs. I found it quite easy to hit also. Ithink it would suit for your playing style.

Soba

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2019, 09:24 

Hi Soba,

Its a bit off topic from Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker, yes, I did test the Der MaterialSpezialist Elite Long OX before. Again, its a pretty good all-rounder LP, easy to play with control too.

You can have a look at the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO3fxVh8h80

Cheers
PingpongStephenTai

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2019, 06:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Today I have taken part in a new tournament .I am testing anti rubbers - DMS , but soon DR N. ABS 2 Soft -

The blade that has yielded the best results so far is Deluxe Carbon . Very good control and speed,nice feeling on touching the ball either with anti or inverted . Blocks with the anti and inverted really great.

In the group stage during the morning I played Reflection 0.9 + SW 1,5 . Good blocks with great reversal, however , some blocks went a little too high so the opponent could atttack really easily .I think if I want to use Reflection I must train for many,many more hours consistently.

I don't like the way I have to push the no spin ball and also it is not very easy to do ; so having qualified for the finals and not feeling ok about how I felt during the games in the morning, I dared to experiment with Deluxe Carbon + SW 1.5 + Trouble Maker OX for the final stages .

In the afternoon we played another group stage .Incredibly for me, I played excellent . D. Carbon fits with the slowness of TM . I had really good blocks with beautiful reversal,sinking effect, really easy pushes with placement on the corners . I was able to block low with good speed too to make the opponent uncomfortable .

I managed to go through to the knock out stages and reached the last 16 . I am very glad about how the TM + D Carbon experiment went .

Maybe,the next experiment will be DG + D. Carbon . Perhaps D. Carbon will be a little too fast since DG is speedier than TM let's see what happens . Yes, I will continue with the anti journey but I must say TM on D. Carbon does work !! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 36  Next