OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 02:14 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
Are you talking about this shot? https://youtu.be/x2ofHl9gFMQ?t=154

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 03:32 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
nathanso wrote:
Just back from my first practice session with Dr Neubauer Troublemaker OX red. Coming from 755 OX red I was almost immediately comfortable with TM despite it being softer and slower. TM is both easy to use and very effective against opponents. It's somehow able to generate big spin on serves and chops while simultaneously being resistant to incoming spin on serve. Reports of it being effective on chop-block were accurate! Many opponent balls went into the net on what appeared to be light backspin from TM. TM supports a very effective light backspin backhand serve to middle distance. It didn't look difficult to return but opponent after opponent dumped them into the net. Chopping off the table was effective but not devastatingly so, with spin not seeming to increase beyond the second exchange. BH topspin drives are rather easy with TM OX, and I didn't see any broken pips from the abuse. Returning short serves with the so-called Strawberry stroke was easy, consistent, and dangerous. I could dish the ball off the side of the table at will. When faced with deep fast balls to my BH, meeting the ball perfectly flat, with force, sent back a downward-angled ball that was almost impossible to return. The most common reaction from opponents tonight was abject confusion. TM is the master of spin manipulation, making a wide variety of defensive and offensive shots possible.

In summary, I'd say that TM OX is one of the easiest to use dangerous LPs I've ever tried, and I've literally tried dozens over the past ten years.

Hi Nathanso,

Thanks for your review. Can you please compare TM to some other common pips like Viper, 755 etc. What some blade did you use it on, flexible, stiff etc?

Thanks
Rob

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 04:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Rob M wrote:
Hi Nathanso,

Thanks for your review. Can you please compare TM to some other common pips like Viper, 755 etc. What some blade did you use it on, flexible, stiff etc?

Thanks
Rob
I'm using it on a one-off Poplar-core/carbon BBC blade that is stiff and fairly fast with a hard playing surface. I haven't tried viper LP so I'll compare it to 729 755 OX and Giant Dragon Talon OX, both of which I've played with extensively. TM is about as soft and spin-resistant as Talon but TM can generate significantly more spin. 755 is stiffer and faster than TM but is less forgiving. Compared to both Talon and 755, TM is simply easier to direct the ball around the table while maintaining consistency and control.

I know most LP users don't serve with LP but a longstanding wrist injury forces me to serve only BH so LP serves are a must to maintain variety. Between these three LPs, TM, by far, imparts the most spin on serve. In fact, it's the first LP I've used where I feel comfortable sending sending straight, mid-distance backspin without expecting a crushing second ball attack. Serving side/back with a quick at-the-elbow serve produced many errors (mostly whiffs) against US1500-1800 players.. my usual opponents. I realize better players can crush any long serve but that's just not who I typically come up against.

To summarize, TM OX is as/more dangerous than 755 OX (one of the harder to play against LPs from what I gather) while being a lot more forgiving and providing more opportunities for spin variation. TM is closer to Talon but provides more ability to generate spin, Talon being somewhat spin-limited.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2019, 05:20 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Thanks Nathanso,

Much Appreciated!

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2019, 06:37 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I had a chance to give a try to the 1.0 mm sponge version of Trouble Maker today, here are some of my thoughts.

Even with the sponge, control is very good. I can still get good spin reversal by chop blocking, obviously not as much as in OX, but still a good amount, and with good control. It doesn't have the effect of slowing down because of the sponge, so the ball went a bit longer and it was a bit easier for my opponents to re-loop. On the plus side, passive blocks were, I felt, more stable with the sponged version, and hitting was more consistent. I'm learning to hit pretty well with the OX, but it's more reliable with the 1.0 sponge. The ball still nice a nice low throw. Again, because of the increased speed, I had to be more precise with my blade angle as in OX the slowness will help to keep it on the table if I get the angle wrong. Hits and lifts against back spin still had good control, although the wobble effect was noticeably less. Again, to be expected with the sponge. If someone prefers sponge, this rubber is still a great option because it still provides good spin reversal and control for closer to the table play. Just not as much "funk" as the OX. For this reason, I will be sticking with the OX.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2019, 09:12 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

Hey Folks,

Anyone who has/Uses P1R able to compare at all? For me, the ability to generate spin/differentiate between reversal and nospin balls is really important.

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 02:00 

Blade: Dr Neubauer Barricade
FH: short pips
BH: long pips
Carsten, thanks for the TM rubber. I have now had a chance to give it a few tries and I must say I am impressed. First about me and my style. I am in the 70+ class and play defensively at the table with a Barricade blade so I am not as good a player as most here so there is that. I have been playing with Desperado 2 OX on BH and am pleased with it. For simple blocking the TM does not seem to do anything special. This changes dramatically if you add anything to the push - chopping or a side cut along with a more aggressive push. This often causes problems for opponents.

I have a weekly lesson with a coach who is a former Chinese provincial player. She noticed a lot more movement in my shots with the TM compared to the D2. The coach tried my paddle against my wife who is a quite good, power player. My wife had been hammering hits and hard loops at the coach when she was playing with her normal paddle. When the coach tried mine, with her strong defensive skills, my wife could barely return the coach's shots and certainly not hit anything hard.

Overall I have never been as impressed with a long pips rubber as with this one. I certainly will buy additional ones for my other blades.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 04:49 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Has anyone tried both the DMS Kamikaze and the Dr. N. Troublemaker? If so, can you compare? Thanks.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 16:09 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Has anyone tried both the DMS Kamikaze and the Dr. N. Troublemaker? If so, can you compare? Thanks.

Someone in German forum:

http://translate.google.fi/translate?sl ... it%3DSuche

Quote:
I tested the rubber for a short time today. Play safely with good safe attack options. Compared to the kamikaze and dtec a lot slower.
Unfortunately the balls go much higher at the block. I like the kamikaze better.
Disturbing effect is present, but less than the kamikaze.
Attack significantly easier due to the grip and the low pace.

For me, the kamikaze is the first choice, although I will give the TM one more evening

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2019, 02:57 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Thanks, saw that. The DMS Kamikaze is great for both blocking and chopping with the new ball, and I'm not sure I need to experiment, but I'm still tempted to compare.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 10:56 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
Thanks to Mr. Carsten Neubauer for sending me TM rubber :). I played it in ox version

First impression of TM is this rubber is very thin! i should cut it very carefully to my over sized blades bty joo sae hyuk... TM is also quite soft, so from my first impression this rubber will be slow enough and easy to control.

i have a chance to test TM last night and here is my opinion

blocking:

surprisingly, TM has a very good capability on passive blocking at the table, the ball is coming very short near the net but you can't depend on it because the spin reversal isn't as good as frictionless lp, also you have to manage the angle of your bat because even though TM is slow, but it's very different compared to frictionless lp like dr. neubauer super block. The trajectory of passive blocking at the table is quite high, but i guess i can manage it by more training on how my bat angle should be

Chop blocking:

this is where Tm really shines! it's easy to control because it's slow, and the trajectory of the ball is quite low and very very short! compared to Grass dtecs or Pimplepark Cluster, i honestly say TM is the slowest and much easier to control

Aggressive push:

this is also where TM does best. you can control the movement of the ball easily with TM, then your opponent will be surprised because TM could do very dangerous aggressive play on attacking backspin ball

Overall, i think TM is a milestone in LP realm because it's offer something new compared to many LP that's available on the market right now. I will add more reviews because i only tried it once on multiball training and some match games in my club. Cheers :)

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 14:21 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have been playing against my regular training partners with TM lately. Games have gone well and I am satisfied with rubber. Somehow TM is like hybrid between Agenda 1.0, (which was very secure with braking effect) and Dtecs, which has more active options (but speed close to "too high" department). So with TM you get good sides of both.

Serve return is usually most important shot in games and TM has done very well so far in that department. I can return a) low and secure or b) more aggressively with good security.

Lift, pips topspin or pips drive is one of the shots that go really well with TM. Best done with blade head pointing up. There is dwell and "grip" that gives you good direction, and that shot could even be made away from the table.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 21:36 

Blade: Stiga CR 35/45
FH: Tibhar evolution mxp
BH: Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker
I have played with superblock for 7 years I was one of the best Swedish players borned 1991 beaten a lot of good players that are now ranked top 50 in the world. I have tried all the spinlord rubbers without any success on resving servers, topspins and my attack on underspin with the spinlord rubbers have been awful or way to slow.
I have now tried Dr.Neubauers trouble maker and even played a competition with it. I have finally found the rubber that replaces superblock and is good enough to become a great player with.
The rubber is amazing on servers with the right angle on the racket you can do whatever you want with them, you can put the close to the net far away on the corners and you do this with a great disrputiv effect that the best players with a ranking of 2500+ ranmking point have trouble with. On spins my opponents cant topspin more then 2-3 times now without putting the ball in the net which means they need to cut instead of topspin on the 3d ball which means i go around with my forehand and F*** them up.
I play close to the table almost all the time and its amazing for that but I also tried to go back and its insane there aswell, super good control and the ball goes close to the net.
This rubber will not give you anything for free but if you use it correct and if you have a good forehand I think the people that cried about superblock and got that banned will start crying again on competitions.
After 7 years of trying diffrent type of s*** rubbers i finally found the one and it will be with me for a long time.
The competition i was playing went great I won both mens singles and doubles against 2000+ rated players.
Thanks dr.neubauer for bringing me this rubber so i can lough at my oponents that cry and tell me that this is not table tennis again.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 21:42 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I had another session at the club using OX last night. After using it for about 3-4 weeks now, I have to say I think this is my favorite long pips that I've ever used, for all of the reasons that players have said in their reviews. And now I'm even learning to use a traditional hit through higher dead balls with it. The more I learn the touch with this, the more dangerous my game becomes. The amount of spin reversal and "funk" it can put on the ball, combined with the precise control and slow speed, are a perfect combination for a defensive player. And if forced away from the table, it even chops well. Combine its defensive properties with how effective it is on punch blocks, bumps and hits, and it really does have everything I want. I will say again, if you are looking for a rubber for passive blocking, there may be better options. However, for an active defensive game, this rubber is outstanding.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 00:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
After a few more sessions playing with Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker OX I must say that I'm completely sold on this new LP. I'm clearly winning more games, particularly against higher-rated players. Against usual adversaries I'm now dominating; winning the lion's share of matches, or in one case, all matches that were previously split between players. Against other LP players it's almost unfair.

Troublemaker OX is outstanding on serve return, not only allowing incoming spin to be mostly disregarded, but allowing my own spin and direction to be added making for a truly nasty second ball. Chop blocks are unexpectedly spinny, with opponents routinely underestimating the amount of backspin and dumping them into the net. BH drives are predictable and stable which is somewhat surprising for a softer LP.

And TM is exceptional at service! Significant spin can be imparted for an LP yet it also has excellent touch for dropping a dead ball serve just over the net. A serve I'm having a lot of success with is a fast side or side/back sent either at the opponent's elbow or their FH corner. That's four different serves from the same mid-table BH delivery.

As far as whether I'm missing any of my recent BH pips: 755 OX, Talon OX, Aggressor OX.. it's not even close. Troublemaker is superior in so many ways that i feel it's set a new bar in LP performance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next