OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Jul 2019, 09:31


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 20:25 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Blade: Bfy Grubba/Tibhar S..P.C.
FH: Sandwind 1.5
BH: DG /TM OX / ABS 2 2.5
:shock:


Last edited by charmander defender on 30 Jun 2019, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 04:57 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 01 Feb 2019, 09:52
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
.


Last edited by Robert90 on 05 Jul 2019, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2019, 01:47 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Blade: Bfy Grubba/Tibhar S..P.C.
FH: Sandwind 1.5
BH: DG /TM OX / ABS 2 2.5
CharDef I found something for you i.e. A set is as follows: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon (straight handle) plus Skyline 3 -60 Mid Hard and TM.
The above blade has very good dampening effect so a control is great. An outer ply of anigre (yanka hardness 900+) and a middle ply limba support a very good
dwell and reversal on chop blocks.

Redspot, I wonder which blade is better for TM : Grubba all + or Yasaka Ma lin Soft Carbon .

I might get hold of them soon . It seems Grubba all + works fine already , according to mynamenotbob :)

....been thinking about trying Tm on BTFY Zoran Primorac off -. Has anyone tried this ? :angel:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 02:02 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 09 Apr 2015, 00:12
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
charmander defender wrote:
CharDef I found something for you i.e. A set is as follows: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon (straight handle) plus Skyline 3 -60 Mid Hard and TM.
The above blade has very good dampening effect so a control is great. An outer ply of anigre (yanka hardness 900+) and a middle ply limba support a very good
dwell and reversal on chop blocks.

Redspot, I wonder which blade is better for TM : Grubba all + or Yasaka Ma lin Soft Carbon .

I might get hold of them soon . It seems Grubba all + works fine already , according to mynamenotbob :)

....been thinking about trying Tm on BTFY Zoran Primorac off -. Has anyone tried this ? :angel:

Both blades are good for TB but it a matter of a personal preference and feel of the ball.
As your present set up is very light I would have tried fist Grubba All+ which is light blade as well.
I would like to hear some remarks from MNNB but so far he is busy collecting data from an extensive testing :Chop: :topspin: :cash:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 03:08 
Offline
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.
User avatar

Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 06:49
Posts: 10893
Location: USA
Has thanked: 393 times
Been thanked: 472 times
Blade: Butterfly A. Grubba
FH: Gambler Reflectoid 1mm
BH: Dr. N Troublemaker
Redspot, the Grubba blade was a great suggestion. I like it a lot and the results have been very good. The feel on the pip side is terrific. The forehand side is excellent control and fast enough. Overall performance is fantastic. Chop blocks working great. Lift shots working great. Getting some really good wins in practice games. Probably added an instant 100 points to my level, so thank you very much! This is why we test. Now I have to get another Grubba and try some different, more disruptive long pips to see what happens. :oops:

_________________



The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.
Homer J. Simpson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 03:33 
Online
Blockhead
Blockhead
User avatar

Joined: 07 Jan 2009, 19:20
Posts: 2137
Location: UK
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 155 times
Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
mynamenotbob wrote:
Redspot, the Grubba blade was a great suggestion. I like it a lot and the results have been very good. The feel on the pip side is terrific. The forehand side is excellent control and fast enough. Overall performance is fantastic. Chop blocks working great. Lift shots working great. Getting some really good wins in practice games. Probably added an instant 100 points to my level, so thank you very much! This is why we test. Now I have to get another Grubba and try some different, more disruptive long pips to see what happens. :oops:
Grubba is a great blade in the all wood category. Without reading all 245! posts in this thread if anyone else wants to follow suit be aware there is an all+ and an all- variant...I believe MNNB has the +. They are very robust blades too, tougher than, say, Stiga allround classic.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

_________________
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P Max
BH Tibhar Evolution FX-S 1.8
185g


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 07:23 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 09 Apr 2015, 00:12
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
mynamenotbob wrote:
Redspot, the Grubba blade was a great suggestion. I like it a lot and the results have been very good. The feel on the pip side is terrific. The forehand side is excellent control and fast enough. Overall performance is fantastic. Chop blocks working great. Lift shots working great. Getting some really good wins in practice games. Probably added an instant 100 points to my level, so thank you very much! This is why we test. Now I have to get another Grubba and try some different, more disruptive long pips to see what happens. :oops:

I am so glad that you enjoy this very good blade and rubber combination which is so suitable for our style of play. a thin sponge (1mm) supports very good feel and control of the ball. I wish you best of luck with your new weapon :cash: :cash: :cash:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 15:37 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 722
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 109 times
Blade: Re-impact Turbo (for ABS)
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1 1.4mm
BH: Death Metal OX
For anyone who's interested, I enjoy using the Troublemaker, but both sheets I've used so far have had pips starting to fall out en masse after just two months of use (I play 3-4 times per week). That's just way too soon to have pips falling out. Might have to try a different rubber, as much as I like this one. Curious to hear if others have had similar (or different) experiences.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
II. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
III. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: Joola Badman Reloaded OX
V. Victas Koji Matsushita; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: TSP P-1R 1.0-1.3mm
USATT Rating: 2037


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 17:40 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 09 Apr 2015, 00:12
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
redspot wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Redspot, the Grubba blade was a great suggestion. I like it a lot and the results have been very good. The feel on the pip side is terrific. The forehand side is excellent control and fast enough. Overall performance is fantastic. Chop blocks working great. Lift shots working great. Getting some really good wins in practice games. Probably added an instant 100 points to my level, so thank you very much! This is why we test. Now I have to get another Grubba and try some different, more disruptive long pips to see what happens. :oops:

I am so glad that you enjoy this very good blade and rubber combination which is so suitable for our style of play. a thin sponge (1mm) supports very good feel and control of the ball. I wish you best of luck with your new weapon :cash: :cash: :cash:

I am sorry for a not clear description. I mean an impact of a thin sponge of forehand rubber


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 19:04 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 19:03
Posts: 63
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
For anyone who's interested, I enjoy using the Troublemaker, but both sheets I've used so far have had pips starting to fall out en masse after just two months of use (I play 3-4 times per week). That's just way too soon to have pips falling out. Might have to try a different rubber, as much as I like this one. Curious to hear if others have had similar (or different) experiences.


I too have been playing with Troublemaker 3-4 times per week for over two months and I have had no pips falling out.
I have had no problems and control seems to improve with usage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2019, 21:25 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 09 Apr 2015, 00:12
Posts: 17
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 13 times
jmkeynes wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
For anyone who's interested, I enjoy using the Troublemaker, but both sheets I've used so far have had pips starting to fall out en masse after just two months of use (I play 3-4 times per week). That's just way too soon to have pips falling out. Might have to try a different rubber, as much as I like this one. Curious to hear if others have had similar (or different) experiences.


I too have been playing with Troublemaker 3-4 times per week for over two months and I have had no pips falling out.
I have had no problems and control seems to improve with usage.

I just want to add my penny to a discussion regarding TM durability. A lifespan of the pimples depends not only on your style of play i.e. more defensive or more an emphasis on attack. It is directly depends on a type of players you practice with or compete against. Because the incoming spin and speed of the ball twists and squeezes the pips. If you pay frequently against a high quality powerful attackers then the life span of your pimples will be much shorter then when your opponents play a controlled game and do not impart on the ball a lot of spin and speed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 00:10 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 722
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 109 times
Blade: Re-impact Turbo (for ABS)
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1 1.4mm
BH: Death Metal OX
redspot wrote:
I just want to add my penny to a discussion regarding TM durability. A lifespan of the pimples depends not only on your style of play i.e. more defensive or more an emphasis on attack. It is directly depends on a type of players you practice with or compete against. Because the incoming spin and speed of the ball twists and squeezes the pips. If you pay frequently against a high quality powerful attackers then the life span of your pimples will be much shorter then when your opponents play a controlled game and do not impart on the ball a lot of spin and speed.


Yes, style of play matters, both your style and your opponents', but I've tried out many pips rubbers, and most don't start falling out after two months.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
II. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
III. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: Joola Badman Reloaded OX
V. Victas Koji Matsushita; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: TSP P-1R 1.0-1.3mm
USATT Rating: 2037


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 00:21 
Offline
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.
User avatar

Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 06:49
Posts: 10893
Location: USA
Has thanked: 393 times
Been thanked: 472 times
Blade: Butterfly A. Grubba
FH: Gambler Reflectoid 1mm
BH: Dr. N Troublemaker
I've never lost a pip on any LP sheet I've ever played, including Troublemaker. I mostly bump, punch, chop block, side-swipe, lift and sometimes hit. Maybe I don't bend the pips that much. I think that's what makes them break.

_________________



The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.
Homer J. Simpson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 02:47 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 722
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 109 times
Blade: Re-impact Turbo (for ABS)
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1 1.4mm
BH: Death Metal OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
I've never lost a pip on any LP sheet I've ever played, including Troublemaker. I mostly bump, punch, chop block, side-swipe, lift and sometimes hit. Maybe I don't bend the pips that much. I think that's what makes them break.


That's incredible. It's not like I'm hammering/smashing the ball with my LP ... though, of course, sometimes my opponent smashes or does a hard drive at it. There are some LPs where I've also not lost pips (some of the ones that come most readily to mind are GD Snowflake, GD Talon, Dr. N Desperado 2 and Xiom Guillotine back when that was around come most readily to mind), and there are other LPs where pips would fall out pretty readily (Joola Badman Reloaded, Dr. N. Viper, Dr. N Troublemaker and Spinlord Dornenglanz are all in this category). So there's clearly a difference in how susceptible LPs are to pips falling out, but I'm still wondering how you've managed to go all these years w/o ever losing a pip. Do you ever need to change your pips rubber at all, then?

_________________
I. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
II. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
III. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: Joola Badman Reloaded OX
V. Victas Koji Matsushita; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: TSP P-1R 1.0-1.3mm
USATT Rating: 2037


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 03:42 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Blade: Bfy Grubba/Tibhar S..P.C.
FH: Sandwind 1.5
BH: DG /TM OX / ABS 2 2.5
..... and there are other LPs where pips would fall out pretty readily (Joola Badman Reloaded, Dr. N. Viper, Dr. N Troublemaker and Spinlord Dornenglanz are all in this category).

If my idea can clarify things, I can say how you play is a decisive factor . I have been usind DG for about 7 months with some occasional hitting and I lost zero pips while the rubber was becoming more and more dangerous .

DG is said to be one of the worst pips as far as durability goes . ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bruceleett, Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: