OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 03:35 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Tat, it wouldn't be worth your life to regret that decision :wink:

I never thought about this before Tat, but what other sport would or could you play with your name...Table-A-Tennis (TAT) LOL. :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2008, 19:19 

Blade: OSP Imune Pushblocker
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z
BH: DrNeubauer TroubleMaker
For 755:
Pimples height/width : 1.5mm/1.6mm
Horizontal aligned, space between 2 pimples: 1.3mm.
Smooth surfaced

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2008, 13:56 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Hi Nittaku - there is a typo ... 979 ... Mathias

Haggisv did ask me to try it but I never really got around to it. I have played an attacking pip style so it is something I would probably try agreed - except that I never tried it.

I'll polish up info on a few rubbers here.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2008, 20:01 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

Mathias wrote:
Hi Nittaku - there is a typo ... 979 ... Mathias

Yep, the opinion was from Reb, I've changed the typo. Anyway, this post needs some update with the new list, let's wait for the final resolution on the TTmaster affair.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:21 

I could tell some things about the Alligator Def(ensive) from the german brand Donic.

First one picture :rock:

It's a long pimple rubber with soft sponge (i play it with 0.5mm, so i can always say that the sponge is soft - not the ecaxtly hardness). The pips are really flexile, but not so soft like a feint soft for example (approx. mid-soft).

Really flexible pip. Official it's a defensive rubber, but like you could read it in the description there is a large "disturbing factor" at the table. I mean the disturbing factor is large, if you compare it with other defense pips!
So, it's :up: for variable players.

In the defense, i am a defender!, the rubber is pretty easy to play. I mean it's slow (played on a ALL(-) blade) and a flat flight path, that's awesome!
But backspin is not so good. But for the good controll, it's :up: . I think of you play not so high (i mean you are not the safest defender or you want a really safe or a flexible pip) it could be a good choice.

Chop at the table is easy too. Shoots too, although i don't do that so often. :D

I liked it more than Destroyer and Feint Soft, which I could check a while. :P

More questions? No problem :), but i'm german. So try to speak in a easy way, alzhough my english is not that bad :D ;).

Greets, from Germany.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 22:56 

Great topic and many thanks to everybody who has contributed!

I´ve tried many different LP´s but never made any notes or analyzed them this much. Now I use Grass D-Tecs OX (as I´ve mentioned in the other topic) and that is the best replacement I´ve found for Super Block so far. Before that I had Donic Akkadi (is there a number after the name? 2 or II?), it was maybe bit easier to control close to the table, but didn´t give that much of reverse spin as D-Tecs does. I´m lucky to have a good partner to train with, who doesn´t respect pimples at all! :D

Despite of that, I´ve managed to worry him when playing more defensive (chopping from both sides and off the table). For me it is just for fun, and I´m not chopping unless I have to. Anyway: then I use Feint II (sponge 1.3) and I hate it! Little control whatsoever and not really even good underspin. I´ve found it hard to slice on the table and most of the times I just have to throw the ball back with the passive chop (is that even a tt-term? LOL!). The positive thing is the other side: Tenergy 05 (1.6mm) is surprisingly good for defensive chop play. Lot of spin and even the control is pretty good. Since this is a LP-topic, I leave Tenergy-hype for some other time/place! :D

Sorry, if this wasn´t as helpful, analytic and occure as the list is, but I couldn´t help myself. My Pandora´s box is unfortunately open now.

-WT-

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 15:53 
Super User

Hi all

Meteor 71-1 is now a LP rubber on the recent ITTF list No. 31. 71-2 is also a LP rubber but the list shows OUT. I made a review to the 71-1 in the past.

Cheers, Martin

DMS Spinfire OX | STIGA Hornet | YASAKA Cobalt OX

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 18:33 

Hi,
I'd like to ask you experts what LP I can choose to give one of my new sparring partners I wish to train.. Person is a 70+y.o. beginner in best possible shape. Still I think maybe it could be wiser to get him to develop a LP maybe defense oriented game. I've got a bunch of LPs that I was thinking of putting on a returnboard. Now which one do you think would most fit my new sparring partner?
DHS 1615 (1.2), Palio CK531A (0.6-0.8) , globe 979 (1.2) , milky way???. How about 802 1.5?
And also by the way, what kind of blade would you suggest? Is it better to have one side inverted or can this only confuse a beginner? Thanks.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2010, 23:38 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Hi Umi,

I believe Friendship 837 might be a good LP for him to start with or Pogo as an alternative as it has good control. It is better for him to have inverted rubber on his FH most probably because LP tends to be more difficult to use on the FH and the variation between sides will give him more options against other players. If he is in fair shape and reflex he should be able to handle the inverted, but I'd choose something slower and more controlled to begin with. Something like Dawei Inspirit 35 degrees would perhaps be good. I'd look at a blade with an ALL+ to and Off- rating. A bty Korbel if he can afford it perhaps, or a LKT Ayous-Hinoki is a good cheap option. Hope this helps.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2011, 12:58 

wow, this is my favorite forum nowadays. Its getting scientific into details of pips. Very pro site. :D :clap:

Blade: Stiga rosewood7 FH: 563-1BH: TSP Spectol

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2011, 14:22 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
pausc wrote:
wow, this is my favorite forum nowadays. Its getting scientific into details of pips. Very pro site. :D :clap:

Welcome to the forum. Yes, this place is very special in that respect.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 08:12 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

umibozuuu wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to ask you experts what LP I can choose to give one of my new sparring partners I wish to train.. Person is a 70+y.o. beginner in best possible shape...
I do not consider myself an expert, but rather a beginner at LP, which may qualify me as advisor for your friend ;)
Of the LP you listed (assuming those are your options) I'd take the Palio CK531A. Nice mix of control, reversal, and attacking ability. Not a killer in any field, but easy to use and able to do it all (to some degree), which is what a beginner needs.
The 802 may be a good choice too, but I never could make that work for defense with >1,2mm sponge.
I get good control with 802 in 0,5mm, but then power and spin suffers, and I get little wobble and no reversal. The one you have is perhaps better for an attacker.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 11:54 
Horse Hockey!

keme wrote:
...I'd take the Palio CK531A. Nice mix of control, reversal, and attacking ability. Not a killer in any field, but easy to use and able to do it all (to some degree), which is what a beginner needs.

We have a player at my club who uses CK531A Ox and has a US rating over 2300. To a point it's usually not the rubber...it's the player!

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 16:28 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

cyber1call wrote:
keme wrote:
...I'd take the Palio CK531A. Nice mix of control, reversal, and attacking ability. Not a killer in any field, but easy to use and able to do it all (to some degree), which is what a beginner needs.
We have a player at my club who uses CK531A Ox and has a US rating over 2300. To a point it's usually not the rubber...it's the player!
Agreed!
I based my reply on recent findings using sponged CK531A (seeing that sponged LP is also what umibozuuu intends to offer to his friend). From other LP attempts I have learnt that the same topsheet using Ox vs. sponged can be different worlds. (Tried DF 1615 and XiYing 979 with surprising results, learned a lot.)

I must admit that I have not fully explored the abilities of the CK531A (or should I say "... my abilities when using the CK531A.").
My findings are based on six matches, without any previous training using that rubber (changed from Kokutaku 911 just before the matches), so I may have been too quick in concluding that it's "not a killer in any field".

Also, as you say: "it's the player", so a do-it-all rubber with no particular killer strengths (nor severe shortcomings) may still be a good choice for a high level player.
Or to turn it around: just because it is used by a high level player, that doesn't mean it's unsuitable for a beginner.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 21:18 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
keme wrote:
cyber1call wrote:
keme wrote:
Agreed!
I based my reply on recent findings using sponged CK531A (seeing that sponged LP is also what umibozuuu intends to offer to his friend). From other LP attempts I have learnt that the same topsheet using Ox vs. sponged can be different worlds. (Tried DF 1615 and XiYing 979 with surprising results, learned a lot.)

I must admit that I have not fully explored the abilities of the CK531A (or should I say "... my abilities when using the CK531A.").
My findings are based on six matches, without any previous training using that rubber (changed from Kokutaku 911 just before the matches), so I may have been too quick in concluding that it's "not a killer in any field".

Also, as you say: "it's the player", so a do-it-all rubber with no particular killer strengths (nor severe shortcomings) may still be a good choice for a high level player.
Or to turn it around: just because it is used by a high level player, that doesn't mean it's unsuitable for a beginner.

From my experience (est. 2000+ level), the red Palio OX allows for a very allround-game, where the disturbing factor is the variability of strokes you can do without offering control. Blocking is great, chopping is great, pushing and attacking underspin work well too. Reversal is more than good enough. Speed is moderate. The higher you go, the less you depend on the deception of the rubber alone. I personally don't like rubbers like D'tecs in ox. Having full control over your own defense and being able to prepare looping attacks is much more important. At least it is to me.