OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2022, 04:10 
Super User

Playing close to the table and with ox which rubber is best? Distruption/reversal is important yet that has to be balanced with control. I prefer a pip that has a low trajectory as I like to block and push/lift.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2022, 04:30 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
My vote for DG.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2022, 21:03 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
"TTnightmare", I would definitely go with DTecS OX I have used both but Tibhar Grass is best for me & I have just started using the Acid Green rubber 8)

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2022, 22:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
For me : Dg for blocking , chopping and attacking backspin, D.techs for pushing ,side swiping

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2022, 23:33 
Super User

That’s one all!
Anyone tell me the difference between the two. pluses and minuses of each rubber.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2022, 09:46 
My Precious

TTnightmare, It all comes down to personal choice I've tried a lot of LP OX rubbers & DTecS is definitely the one for me :clap: also for me the blade is most important, lightweight then the rubbers suit me :up: Best of luck with your journey 8)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2022, 20:29 
Super User

TTnightmare wrote:
That’s one all!
Anyone tell me the difference between the two. pluses and minuses of each rubber.

charmander defender explained very well the differences, for me DTecs it's more all round & DG is more defensive to play close to the table and much more dangerous.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2022, 22:36 
Super User

Some interesting replies. I do play close to the table and block heavy loops/top spins. Under spins I tend to push back although learning to lift and push more aggressively when my opponent chops to me. I’m interested in the comment about DG being more dangerous as I always thought dtechs was the most disturbing long pips but more difficult to control.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2022, 23:09 
My Precious

TTnightmare wrote:
Some interesting replies. I do play close to the table and block heavy loops/top spins. Under spins I tend to push back although learning to lift and push more aggressively when my opponent chops to me. I’m interested in the comment about DG being more dangerous as I always thought dtechs was the most disturbing long pips but more difficult to control.

I know this must be confusing & again it's about what works for you :up: As I play as you do close to the table chop blocks loops/top spins & all of the above to which I use DTecS OX :clap:

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 02:58 
Super User

TTnightmare wrote:

I own both rubbers, DTecs easy to use = less dangerous, DG more difficult to use = more dangerous, also I play close to the table.

So people can't control the more difficult rubber gets DTecs.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 07:58 
Super User

Grass dTecs is twice the cost of Dornenglanz. So, for me, the choice is easy: Dornenglanz.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 08:06 
Super User

But if they cost the same which would you choose

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 09:17 
Super User

My two pennies though well off subject and with apologies!!. If you haven't, try Bomb Talent and you will not look back or think of changing LP - ever!! ;)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 10:57 
Super User

I’ve tried Bomb Talent and everyone of my opponents and practice partners said it’s far less difficult to play against than dtechs. Yes it was easy to control but just didn’t have the disruption effect.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 11:15 
My Precious

merlin el mago wrote:
TTnightmare wrote:

I own both rubbers, DTecs easy to use = less dangerous, DG more difficult to use = more dangerous, also I play close to the table.

So people can't control the more difficult rubber gets DTecs.

I also own both rubbers & for me DTecS is far superior :up: which I find easy to use & I also play close to the table 8) Again after using your rubbers it comes down to personal choice as to what best suit you :clap: