OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: LP OX recommendation?
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 06:22 

Blade: DHS H. Hao III
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Bfly Tenergy 05FX
Hi,

I want to buy a rubber of LP without a sponge [OX] and i can't decide on anyone out of like 3-5 options in my head or saw on the net, i can buy two of cheapest of those, but i can play with one anyway, or use both o different blades, but i want to know what do you recommend to choose?!!!

Main blade is under my profile name.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 06:23 

Ah yes, i forgot to add, ............... FORGET ABOUT MY SIGNATURE SETUP, those are very old now and so many changes happens and i didn't update it yet.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 06:47 
Super User

Which ones did you look at and more importantly what do you want to use the LP for primarily - hiting/blocking or chopping? A few cheap Chinese all-round LPs I have tried and like: Neptune, Palio ck531a, Dawei 388D (for passive blocking and good for chopping too), Dawei 388D1 (attacking & blocking), my favourite Bomb Talent!! Good luck!

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 11:28 

TTbuddy wrote:
Which ones did you look at and more importantly what do you want to use the LP for primarily - hiting/blocking or chopping? A few cheap Chinese all-round LPs I have tried and like: Neptune, Palio ck531a, Dawei 388D (for passive blocking and good for chopping too), Dawei 388D1 (attacking & blocking), my favourite Bomb Talent!! Good luck!

The ones i look at are the following without order:

Tibhar Grass D.TecS
Dr. N., Trouble Maker
TSP Curl P-1R
Also again TSP Curl P4, the one i have is with sponge, i don't want that
And SpinLord Dornenglanz maybe, because there is one player who is almost dominating in a club with this rubber, but i feel that it won't be the same for me

Most likely why we want LP is first to kill the spin, second for blocking, but i did use not my racket that has pips one side, no sponge, i really don't know if it is LP or SP or medium, what i found about is that when i played with 2 players who are making headache to me i just almost killed them both wit this racket, so i decided that i better use more of pips rubber than, i used to use Anti Power [Yasaka] rubber since last year, it was good at the beginning, but later i don't know why i felt like it lost its performance and impact, i can think about getting a new one, but maybe i have to use wider types of rubbers to have more weapons, and sounds LP is a good one to add to my collection.

The two players i am playing against has kind of similar and different styles, both are hitting and attacking when they have the chance, both chop, but one is attacking flat and flick backhand, the other is like top spin and so much spiny serves, i can kill them both with my forehand, but i lose a lot of points with my backhand, i used to use inverted rubbers with incredible/monster backhand, but players these days are getting smarter and they try to give me to my weakest point, so if i have problems with my BH they focus on that, when i have problems with FH they focus on that, my FH improved a lot so my backhand power and attacking became less effective as they bring slow spin shots or high balls so they confuse my backhand, in the game i don't have time to hit 10 times with BH and i win only 2-4 shots, but with LP last times, they can't find weak points mostly, they win 5 points i win 9, and i don't need to attack even, just return and block and chop and they damage themselves.

Also what i find interesting and kind of sad maybe, is that in the club where that guy with LP i domination that many players are started to use pips rubbers, some to one side and few into two sides, it became like a safe way to scramble the opponents, strange way as i know many of them got training with standard rubbers, so don't why some just decided to use that kind of rubbers, but if they decided that and i tried it myself against two opponents i feel it is for a reason, i still think about either LP OX or buy Anti Power rubber again [or similar].

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 12:30 
Super User

Buy and try Neptune or Dawei 388D-1 or Palio CK531a or buy all three and give them each a whirl as they are pretty cheap. In terms of speed Palio>Dawei 388D-1>Neptune. They are all very controllable and with good overalll performance. Good luck!