OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Longest long pips
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2023, 18:37 

Check the C801 on aliexpress. they are like 3mm+ :D

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2023, 16:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This stuff?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32641232275.html

Doesn't look that large to me... I only see one vendor, though. Only $12, why not order a sheet and tell us more?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 04:46 
Super User

Just received a sheet. Pips certainly not 3mm more like 2mm. Where can I get a sheet of 3mm treated.
I’ve tried treating myself but not successful. Sunlight/microwave how long. Testing pips with superglue but just doesn’t seem to work for me.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 09:10 

TTnightmare wrote:
Just received a sheet. Pips certainly not 3mm more like 2mm. Where can I get a sheet of 3mm treated.
I’ve tried treating myself but not successful. Sunlight/microwave how long. Testing pips with superglue but just doesn’t seem to work for me.

I am very much opposed to treated pips.
Why do you want to use treated pips ?
This violates rule 2.4.7
(though pip treating is only violates 2.4.7 but boosting bothviolates rule 2.4.7 as well as common law & is potentailly a criminal violation..............this not according to me but according to ITTF from 1995 directives with spin glues) ...........so pip tretaing is NOT illegal just unapproved..............but boosting is both unapproved as well as illegal
If you want to do it because players boost that is wrong because two wrongs don't make it a right.
When few players treat , that gets blown out of proportion by a much larger % of players who boost or spin glue illegally.
But since ITTF is controlled by those who were previous glue r booster cheats, ITTF will only make more rule changes to further limit pips using those who treat pips as an excuse . This has been going on since 1998 when they used P1 Curl to ban Feint Long.
Why can’t the pips players grow some spine and start challenging the ITTF at their sanctioned tournaments ?
This is why I have been offering upto $10000 for any players who will dare to challenge the ITTF in tournaments by using high aspect ratio super long pips.
If I were to play in an ITTF related tournament I would ask the umpire to allow me to use my no treated high aspect ratio super long pips. If they refuse that is fine
Because if they are going to allow booster criminals with zero chemical testing (especially at lower levels) for spin glues & boosters but they won’t allow me to use my super long pips that may give a somewhat level playing field, that is fine & it is on the conscience of the IOC & ITTF authorities & the blood of the players (known &unknown) who died since 1995 who died of lung cancer or tumors is on their hands. It is sort of like loopers (who boost or spin glue) have some sort of presidential immunity from rules & prosecution
That said, are you looking for a blocking type long pips or a chopping type long pips >
I have tried C801 . It is a non treated super long pips but is a blocking type. It is hard to control but definitely longer pips. Some of you may like it. You may also want to try Avalox Mo & Gloe Mo Wang 3 . Both these also blocking type long pips.
Personally I have been using Magic 77+ for the past year. These is more of a chopping type long pips with a very high looper torture index. But I would like to see a new version with higher pips density & rougher pip top to further maximize looper torture index by increasing back spin.
All of the above rubbers are Chinese & you can buy them on Al Express
There are a lot of Indonesian long pips with pip length more than 3 mm. I have not tried these because it is hard to buy them outside Indonesia. Some poster from Indonesia here also says ALL the Indonesian super pips are treated. If they are treated, I am against them , even though they are factory treated & can be considered acceptable by ITTF (if acceptable otherwise, which is not) just like factory tuned inverted.
Looking at the various pip design parameters of Indonesian super pips , almost all of them seem to be blocking type because the pip density seem to be too low & pip tops seemto be too smooth (frictionless)
I really wish Indonesian super pips makers would make some non treated super long pips also with high pip density that can be use dby choppers.

Last edited by koew on 01 Jan 2024, 11:35, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 09:53 
Super User

A couple of points. I don’t care about any rules and regulations as I only play recreational table tennis with a group of friends and we love experimenting.
I’ve tried Magic 77 and regard it as nothing special. I would love to try the Indonesian rubbers but can’t buy any as they don’t ship to the UK.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 10:04 

TTnightmare wrote:
I’ve tried Magic 77 and regard it as nothing special. .

Obviously you are looking for maximum deception, which I am not.
If you perform a comparison test between Feint Long 3 (or KTL Stranger) against Magic 77 on the same blade & agaisnt same set of opponents you should be able to clearly see the significant difference in looper torture index & backspin.

Personally I find Magic 77 better even for blcoking than any long pips on ITTF LARC such as Tibhar Grass Dtec
I can also attack like crazy with Magic 77
This is by far the best all round rubber I have ever played with.
But as I said I would like to see a chopper version of Magic 77 with higher pip density & rougher pip top.
I am not looking for deception.

BTW another problem is that Magis 77 looks like nothing special if your opponents' loops are not that powerful. The loop torture index will only kick in only if the opponents' loops are powerful enough. I used to play with KTL Stranger for like 6 or more years. After I switched to Magic 77 I would occasioanlly teat the most spinny long pips on ITTF LARC such as KTL Stranger, Feint Long 3 etc. It was amazing how some of my chops taht would shoot long agaisnt players about 2220 or above level would land comfortably on the table usingMagic 77 (also with more back spin).
KTL stranger was the best chopping rubebr I have used in the 40- celluloid ball era but has become useless in the 40+ platic ball ONLY era. KTL stranger also had very good attacking capabilities

Last edited by koew on 01 Jan 2024, 11:17, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 10:21 

TTnightmare wrote:
I’ve tried Magic 77 and regard it as nothing special. I would love to try the Indonesian rubbers but can’t buy any as they don’t ship to the UK.

The most popular dealer on Shopee for Indonesian super pips seems to be a dealer called Vankhiis Sport as they seem to carry most long pips
You can call them by WhataApp & negotiate.
I did not order because they were asking too much for both rubber & shipping.
I do not mind paying but it seemed shady when they did that.
Maybe you will bet a better deal if you order 5 or 6 differnt type of rubbers ereducing shipping costs
(This is why I also feel there is a hge market for these rubbers in Europe. If some TT dealer in Europe wants to take vacation type tax deductible business trips to Indonesia, they can make lot of money selling these rubbers in Europe by working with the manufacturers directly instead of middleman)
Their number is 62 878-4831-1995

They don't understand English.
You need to use Google Translate or something to communicate with them in Indonesian LOL

Good luck

Last edited by koew on 01 Jan 2024, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 10:28 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Happy New Year S Jan

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 10:39 

TTnightmare wrote:
A couple of points. I don’t care about any rules and regulations as I only play recreational table tennis with a group of friends and we love experimenting.

It is perfectly fine you are experimenting for your personal fun but your experments carry no public value if you do not make a comparative analysis of low aspect ratio low density low length long pips on ITTF LARC against high aspect ratio high density super long pips

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2024, 11:16 

Rob M wrote:
Hey just out of interest what’s your USATT rating? Or rating central score?

If you (& most posters here) had an open mind & read all English language table tennis forums & did a little research you should be able to dig up this information.
But since your focus seems to be more on free speech oppression of posters simply because you do not approve what they say, I don't see you spending any time on such things.

However I can see why you are so obsessed with my rating because looking at many of your previous posts, you are over obsessed with the level of a player & seem to belive whatever a pro player says is the gospel. In all fairness however, you are not the only one and especially in table tennis this problem of pro idol worship much worse & manufacturers obviously exploit this to the max

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 01:43 

Blade: Hallmark DEF Combi
FH: Uranus Poly 2.2 Shortpips
BH: Dawei 388 D-2 Longpips
INDONESIA TREATED LONGPIMPLES COMPARISON (OX)

Jahanam Criminals 2,5mm 3mm Medium Frictionless (tanpa gesekan) For attacking/puching type player, the damping effect is less, the evil effect is good, the control is good

Jahanam Poisons 2mm 3mm Medium Frictionless (tanpa gesekan) Good control and very dampening, Medium Rubber, Less for thrust and suitable for blocking type players, very good stopping effect, good ball wicked effect, Very good reversal effect for reversing the opponent's spin.

Jahanam Rawarontek 1,9mm 2,4mm Soft Frictionless (tanpa gesekan) Good control, Very damp, Soft rubber, Less for thrust and suitable for block type players, Very good stopping effect, Good ball wicked effect, Very good reversal effect for reversing the opponent's spin. Updated version of Jahanam Radioaktif.

Jahanam Sabotase 2mm 3mm Hard Frictionless (tanpa gesekan) Good for attacking and annoying ball effects, less damping effect, hard rubber type, good attack effect, pretty good rotation effect for reversing the opponent's spin.

Jahanam el Toro 2mm 3mm Medium Frictionless (tanpa gesekan) High reversal effect, medium rubber type

Jahanam Dragon Tails 2,5mm 3mm Soft Frictionless (tanpa gesekan) 2 character choices (vertical and horizontal) in 1 rubber, good damping effect, less pushing effect, no reversal effect (horizontal) and there is a reversal effect (vertical), can still be installed on fast wood, for this type of player, blocking is prioritized.

Jahanam Radioaktif 1,6mm 2mm TBA Frictionless (tanpa gesekan) Bouncing Ball Effect, slow with very fast rotation, for those who like to play block, the control is good. This spot is similar to Dr Neubauer's superblock, good reversal effect.

Per above based on my personal recap. I am Indonesian. I am currently play with Jahanam Criminals OX in my Hallmark Def Combi as I love to play with backhand punch and it is trully good for attack and block, but reversal effect is so so. I also have tried Jahanam Poisons in my Andro Timber 5 Def and it is very slow and poisoning but hard for me to attack. There are several other Jahanam Rubber types which I have not observe i.e.: Radioaktif, Borneo, Freedom, Gentho.

Yet, Jahanam is the famous "black market" rubber in Indonesia and "allowed" in the local non-professional competitions/tournaments.

some my trusted stores at local marketplaces (to buy Jahanam rubbers):
- https://www.tokopedia.com/karimunjawain ... ource=shop
- https://www.tokopedia.com/craznackers/p ... ource=shop

One of Youtube page for Jahanam Rubber reviews: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js9YuIsV5c0&t=165s (scroll down)

Hope this helps (dont understand how to attached list the above in screencap or image...lol!)

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 06:19 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
koew wrote:
Rob M wrote:
Hey just out of interest what’s your USATT rating? Or rating central score?

If you (& most posters here) had an open mind & read all English language table tennis forums & did a little research you should be able to dig up this information.
But since your focus seems to be more on free speech oppression of posters simply because you do not approve what they say, I don't see you spending any time on such things.

However I can see why you are so obsessed with my rating because looking at many of your previous posts, you are over obsessed with the level of a player & seem to belive whatever a pro player says is the gospel. In all fairness however, you are not the only one and especially in table tennis this problem of pro idol worship much worse & manufacturers obviously exploit this to the max

My point is S Jan that if you did regular practice and training you wouldn't have to focus on illegal long pips. But i suspect you just rely on pimples to win cheap points in the low level social leagues. I would look you up on rating central but i don't know your real name, you are a nameless troll after all. Oh and well done for remaining on the forum for this length of time under your new pseudonym

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 19:07 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
iskandar taib wrote:
You can try to get them from here:

https://shopee.com.my/Jahanam-Dragons-T ... 3254147133

https://shopee.com.my/Rubber-pingpong-S ... 5353985393

Looks like they come in colors other than black and red, too.. :lol:

TTnightmare wrote:
Is it possible to increase the size of the pimples of a rubber? I would love to be able to get a sheet of Dtech in 2mm or even longer (not bothered about it being legal as wouldn’t be using in competition).

They were selling these on Taobao. But supposedly all you need to do is soak the rubber in extra virgin olive oil for a couple days.

Iskandar

Those rubbers are valid for official tournaments? I mean, which is the maximum size permitted by rules?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 20:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Rob M wrote:
My point is S Jan that if you did regular practice and training you wouldn't have to focus on illegal long pips. But i suspect you just rely on pimples to win cheap points in the low level social leagues. I would look you up on rating central but i don't know your real name, you are a nameless troll after all. Oh and well done for remaining on the forum for this length of time under your new pseudonym

Sort of in defense of S-Jan - he's actually quite a high ranked player. IIRC his rating in the late 1990s was over 1900. He played in the same club Larry Hodges played at, I think it's somewhere in the Washington DC area. I don't think he's into the giant pips and frictionless pips - he's a chopper. His beef with the ITTF had to do with the banning of the original Feint II Long through the aspect ratio limit, which IIRC was favored by a lot of choppers. And he didn't think it was fair that the "robot loopers" could use speed glue. The problem was he got really obsessive about it, and started behaving like there was a huge conspiracy targeting him and other choppers. And acting upon it. My beef with S-Jan had to do with his online behavior, not with his playing or playing style. He's a much, much better player than I ever was.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 20:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Diegox wrote:

Iskandar Taib wrote:

TTnightmare wrote:
Is it possible to increase the size of the pimples of a rubber? I would love to be able to get a sheet of Dtech in 2mm or even longer (not bothered about it being legal as wouldn’t be using in competition).

They were selling these on Taobao. But supposedly all you need to do is soak the rubber in extra virgin olive oil for a couple days.

Iskandar

Those rubbers are valid for official tournaments? I mean, which is the maximum size permitted by rules?

Thanks.

Er, no. They're completely outside ITTF specs, and would have no chance of ever being certified. You can look up the specs here:

https://equipment.ittf.com/#/equipment/manuals

And the list of ITTF approved rubbers (the "LARC") is here:

https://equipment.ittf.com/#/equipment/racket_coverings

(Getting something into the LARC is complicated and expensive, you also have to pay every year to KEEP it on the LARC, though, it turns out, the fees aren't nearly as high as I thought they were.)

What does this mean? It means you can't play in a sanctioned tournament (i.e. something organized by a national sporting organization, or the ITTF) with these rubbers, or anything else that isn't in the LARC. Does it mean you can't use this stuff when NOT at a tournament? Sure, if you're just playing among friends. You MIGHT bring it to the club, but unless it's just to try out or as a novelty I think you'd get frowned at by most people. You can TRY to use them in non-sanctioned tournaments - you know, your high school championships, the Intramurals at your University, your church's Basement League, you company's annual Ping Pong Picnic, or the City Hall Town Championships, but I suspect you'd run into some people who will object and complain that it's "unfair" - the likelihood of this happening will increase exponentially the larger the tournament, and the higher the grade of player that you encounter. There are places in the world (China and Indonesia, apparently) where people are a lot more tolerant about this sort of thing, so you tend to see this stuff on sale there.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next