OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2023, 10:33 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
After having played GlAnti for many years and never really with LN ox, I tested Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker ox last weekend based on the suggestion of an old TT friend that my bh strokes might actually be better suited for LN. Firstly, I was really surprised how well it went and I did just as well in match play against my practice partner as a couple days before with Dr. Neubauer ABS3. A few things I noticed:
- LN ox obviously is faster and it is easier to put the opponent under pressure
- All strokes worked quiet well right away except blocking hard loops; this will require blade angle adjustment and practice
- my chop blocks were heavier than my anti blocks as confirmed by my opponent
- attacking is easier and deadlier with LN ox
I recorded a video of the session with Troublemaker and also with ABS3 just a couple days before that so there is a good comparison possible. Should I stick with LN ox and work more on strokes? Are there other or better LN for me to try based on my style and techniques?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQCRr5_O1cA&t=232s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xUM7ib5R1Q&t=254s

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2023, 11:30 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Dr N Toublemaker is a great long pimple to begin with. It is a good all round pimple to learn the basic long pimple strokes. It doesnt really excel at any thing but is a good all rounder. When people begin with long pimples I normally recommend a pimple similar to Troublemaker due to the high control values. After you have mastered the basics long pimple strokes which normally takes several years for average club players to achieve. I would then recommend changing to Dornenglanz or Leviathan 1A. Glanti strokes are very different to Long pimple strokes due to the frictionless nature of Glanti rubbers. It will take a while to adjust.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2023, 15:57 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Just an observation of your TM video... I think that as a rule it's most effective and secure to take balls just after bounce with ox pips. It seems to me that you let the ball "come to you" too much and then execute a shot, which makes things more difficult and let opponets spin effect more.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2024, 14:29 

Blade: Dr. N. Matador
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7
BH: Diabolic Special
I believe this is the proper place to ask this question, even if this post doesn't fit the thread perfectly.

I have playing with the Glanti Sabotage for the last 9 months, I am very happy with the results against 1700+ USATT loopers but I am running into difficulty against lower rated players who do not produce significant topspin on their loops.

Glanti is my main tournament blade. I am wondering what are slow long pips (Glanti speed?) in ox and I'll just deal with the spinny shots as they come.

I'm not really comfortable playing with two different set-ups, but the only difference is Lp's vs. the anti, the blade and inverted are identical.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2024, 15:28 
Super User

Ones I tried and can suggest. Meteor 9012. Slow, reversal on the low side but very good control OR Dawei 388D faster (not by much) with better long pips effect. Good control too. I heard Lion Claw is also a slow long pips. Never played it though. Good luck in your quest.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2024, 17:51 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
pipper4flipper wrote:
I believe this is the proper place to ask this question, even if this post doesn't fit the thread perfectly.

I have playing with the Glanti Sabotage for the last 9 months, I am very happy with the results against 1700+ USATT loopers but I am running into difficulty against lower rated players who do not produce significant topspin on their loops.

Glanti is my main tournament blade. I am wondering what are slow long pips (Glanti speed?) in ox and I'll just deal with the spinny shots as they come.

I'm not really comfortable playing with two different set-ups, but the only difference is Lp's vs. the anti, the blade and inverted are identical.

All the better reversing long pimples such as Leviathan 1a, D'Tecs, Badman and Dornenglanz are all much faster then Glanti rubbers. Ive used Sabotage all/off, Super Glanti and Super Glanti Attack and often struggled to get the ball over the net when using ox pips style shots due to the slow speed of DMS rubbers

A slow ox long pip with good spin reversal is Spinlord Stachelfeuer. It has enough grip to attack no spin balls but still has decent disruptive effect and good spin reversal on active shots. A good comprise between slow speed and disruptive effect/reversal is Spinlord Hai. Hai is part of the Dorrnenglanz/Leviathan family and it offers better reversal then Stachelfeuer but with moderate speed.

Ox technique is very different to Glanti technique, you may face some problems when switching over. Good luck

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2024, 21:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Rob M wrote:
pipper4flipper wrote:

All the better reversing long pimples such as Leviathan 1a, D'Tecs, Badman and Dornenglanz are all much faster then Glanti rubbers. Ive used Sabotage all/off, Super Glanti and Super Glanti Attack and often struggled to get the ball over the net when using ox pips style shots due to the slow speed of DMS rubbers

A slow ox long pip with good spin reversal is Spinlord Stachelfeuer. It has enough grip to attack no spin balls but still has decent disruptive effect and good spin reversal on active shots. A good comprise between slow speed and disruptive effect/reversal is Spinlord Hai. Hai is part of the Dorrnenglanz/Leviathan family and it offers better reversal then Stachelfeuer but with moderate speed.

Ox technique is very different to Glanti technique, you may face some problems when switching over. Good luck

_+ 1 ... however,Stachelfeuer is much worse than D'Tecs, Badman and Dornenglanz as far as spin reversal is concerned...... it is the typical pip for those who love off ++++ blades....., I've found Stachelfeuer as the slowest pip on the market along with Meteor 8512 .

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2024, 20:12 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
AS you are used to Anti with 1.5mm sponge and the OSP being a 7 ply wood blade you may get better control and attacking options with a sponge version of Troublemaker.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2024, 02:52 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
ChasFox wrote:
AS you are used to Anti with 1.5mm sponge and the OSP being a 7 ply wood blade you may get better control and attacking options with a sponge version of Troublemaker.

And that's exactly the way I went as of right now playing the Troublemaker with thin sponge. However, after mastering LN strokes better I'd like to return to ox eventually. I will still test the Desperado Reloaded with 0.5mm dampening sponge as well.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!