OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Cured/treated long pips
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 05:26 

Blade: Matador texa carbon
FH: Dignics 05
BH: Grass d tecs 0x
Hello!

Recently i've seen lots of "cured pimples" online.. in my last post i talked about the magician 2, probably the most deceptive treated pips to exist. But to my surprise I've seen one more ridiculous, it isnt as slow as the magician, but it has an effect that I simply cannot explain. The name: Saviga V Mushroom Head (im not joking, here's the link: https://m.yoycart.com/Product/543159932 ... granular_s )

This pimples have a variation of effect that i've never seen before, sometimes it goes back with top spin, sometimes back or even sometimes sidespin..

Well, why am I talking about this? Im in a quest to find every cured long pips so I can report it to cbtm (brazilian confederation of table tennis), so please, if you know any being sold online, please leave in the comments.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 05:41 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I may be mistaken, but is this what kind of treatment is this? Is this like boosting? So, like, boosting a long pimple? Sounds something I could think of if I were left alone for 3 days. :rofl:

Also, do these effects in any way show similarity with the grippy long pimples turned into pseudo-frictionless ones (by microwave or sun)?

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 08:28 

GregorTT425 wrote:
I may be mistaken, but is this what kind of treatment is this? Is this like boosting? So, like, boosting a long pimple? Sounds something I could think of if I were left alone for 3 days. :rofl:

Also, do these effects in any way show similarity with the grippy long pimples turned into pseudo-frictionless ones (by microwave or sun)?

The treated is making each pimple bigger and frictionless, much like the microwave/sun method

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 13:18 

Falik wrote:
Im in a quest to find every cured long pips so I can report it to cbtm (brazilian confederation of table tennis),

So , I am just curious
Let us say you face an opponent using cured rubber

1. in your club practice
or
2. in a non-CBTM tournament
or
3. In a CBTM sanctioned tournament

Will you refuse to play against them ?

Falik wrote:
if you know any being sold online, please leave in the comments.

If the cured rubbers come from overseas, would the Brazilian customs seize all cured rubbers per CBTM directives ?
What happens to a resident of Brazil if they make a cured rubber ?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 20:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Falik wrote:
I'm in a quest to find every cured long pips so I can report it to cbtm (brazilian confederation of table tennis), so please, if you know any being sold online, please leave in the comments.
What would you expect them to do? These rubbers are already not legal for competition, and it's not as if they can stop the Chinese seller from selling them.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2024, 20:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

:lol:

I always find it amusing that people think it's possible to get government agencies to ban the import or seize table tennis equipment. I remember someone commenting that in Japan, they don't allow the use or importation of blades that don't have the JTTA stamp on them. What can JTTA do??? They COULD ban such blades from their tournaments, that would be the limit of what they COULD do.. and it's unlikely that they'd want to do it, because it would invite retaliation (imagine a ban on JTTA approved blades in Chinese tournaments - the amount of money lost..).

Yes, there are blades (usually made in Japan), and even some rubbers (the Tibhar Evolution line) that have JTTA stamps on them, but I suspect these are more like some sort of seal of high quality (which the manufacturers do have to pay for), or in reality, an appeal to snobbishness.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 00:28 

haggisv wrote:
Falik wrote:
I'm in a quest to find every cured long pips so I can report it to cbtm (brazilian confederation of table tennis), so please, if you know any being sold online, please leave in the comments.
What would you expect them to do? These rubbers are already not legal for competition, and it's not as if they can stop the Chinese seller from selling them.

I expect them to have the equipment needed to ban them from competition, because they have a ittf stamp on it, and it's later modified. So i need to have to majority of the pimples that are cured/treated and being sold online, so cbtm will have the possibility to test those who are using this pimples.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 00:30 

iskandar taib wrote:
:lol:

I always find it amusing that people think it's possible to get government agencies to ban the import or seize table tennis equipment. I remember someone commenting that in Japan, they don't allow the use or importation of blades that don't have the JTTA stamp on them. What can JTTA do??? They COULD ban such blades from their tournaments, that would be the limit of what they COULD do.. and it's unlikely that they'd want to do it, because it would invite retaliation (imagine a ban on JTTA approved blades in Chinese tournaments - the amount of money lost..).

Yes, there are blades (usually made in Japan), and even some rubbers (the Tibhar Evolution line) that have JTTA stamps on them, but I suspect these are more like some sort of seal of high quality (which the manufacturers do have to pay for), or in reality, an appeal to snobbishness.. :lol:

Iskandar

You can only use rubbers that ittf approves, some pimples are commonly being cured and sold online, i do have some names in my head here: dawei 388d-1, magician i/ii, saviga v and some more, that would be easier to check by the referees... Like for example, if im using a saviga v pimplez the referee would send my racket to some kind of inspecion or something similar. I dont Want to ban all of these rubbers, i want the cured versions to be banned.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 02:14 

JKK988 wrote:
Falik wrote:
Im in a quest to find every cured long pips so I can report it to cbtm (brazilian confederation of table tennis),

So , I am just curious
Let us say you face an opponent using cured rubber

1. in your club practice
or
2. in a non-CBTM tournament
or
3. In a CBTM sanctioned tournament

Will you refuse to play against them ?

Falik wrote:
if you know any being sold online, please leave in the comments.

If the cured rubbers come from overseas, would the Brazilian customs seize all cured rubbers per CBTM directives ?
What happens to a resident of Brazil if they make a cured rubber ?

Im not saying that customs should ban it, because i can use it in a non official tournament, and that's fine, my problem is people playing them on official tournaments organized by cbtm. And about me refusing to play.. no I don't refuse, indeed i played 3 or 4 times against them in official tournaments and always won, because i like to play against pimples, but im not talking about myself here, because i do know lots of people that loses only because of this cured pimples, for me tbh i pray to face a pimple.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 03:01 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
Falik wrote:
Hello!

Recently i've seen lots of "cured pimples" online.. in my last post i talked about the magician 2, probably the most deceptive treated pips to exist. But to my surprise I've seen one more ridiculous, it isnt as slow as the magician, but it has an effect that I simply cannot explain. The name: Saviga V Mushroom Head (im not joking, here's the link: https://m.yoycart.com/Product/543159932 ... granular_s )

This pimples have a variation of effect that i've never seen before, sometimes it goes back with top spin, sometimes back or even sometimes sidespin..

Well, why am I talking about this? Im in a quest to find every cured long pips so I can report it to cbtm (brazilian confederation of table tennis), so please, if you know any being sold online, please leave in the comments.

Maybe I’m so new here, but what are Cured/treated long pips? I saw that you mentioned Saviga, but this brand is an official one, they are producing rubbers that goes against rules?

Thanks for explaining me :D

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 04:34 

Blade: Hallmark Combination
FH: Tenergy 64
BH: Grass D Tecs OX
Falik wrote:
Hello!

Deixa eu ver se eu entendi, você é um pineiro pedindo pra banir pinos? Rs.
Vou te falar o que eu sei e pq dificilmente você terá sucesso nessa missão.

1- Os pinos vem com o símbolo da ITTF, porem mais importante que isso é que vem também com o número da licença, tendo esse número na LARC, oficialmente é valido. Abaixo o trecho da regra.

[color=#FFFF80]"Any ordinary pimpled rubber or sandwich rubber covering the racket shall
be currently authorised by the ITTF and shall be attached to the blade so
that the ITTF logo, the ITTF number (when present), the supplier and brand
names are clearly visible nearest the handle.
Lists of all approved and authorised equipment and materials are
maintained by the ITTF Office and details are available on the ITTF website.
[/color]

2- Você disse que os pinos estão sendo tratados, você precisará de uma prova melhor do que apenas dizer ou denunciar vendedores, pois a pessoa que está usando pode dizer que não comprou do tal vendedor que você denunciar.

3- As pessoas que estão usando esse tipo de pino não estão na elite do Tênis de mesa, sendo assim, nenhuma confederação vai comprar essa briga. Se um dia acontecer de alguém com pino curado conseguir visibilidade ou mesmo chegar entre os melhores, talvez comecem a levantar a questão com seriedade.

4- Se banirem esses pinos eu vejo que o certo seria banir também quem usa "óleo" na borracha para deixar elas mais rápidas, nesse caso uns 90% que jogam de lisa iam ser proibidos de jogar.

5- Você poderia se apegar a parte de atrito do pino, mas não existe equipamento oficial para medir se um pino tem atrito suficiente ou não, além do fato de que uma borracha de pino longo usada por muito tempo também perde aderência e na regra não diz que isso proíbe um atleta de participar de campeonatos.

Dito isso, tudo se resume a treino, tanto dos pineiros para enfrentar jogadores que usam oleo, quanto dos jogadores de borracha normal para enfrentar os pineiros "curad"

Boa sorte.

English

Let me see if I understand, are you a piner asking to ban pins? LOL.
I'll tell you what I know and why you will basically succeed in this mission.

1- The pins come with the ITTF symbol, but more important than that is that they also come with the license number, having this number in LARC is officially valid. Below is an excerpt from the rule.

[color=#FFFF80]"Any regular pimpled rubber or sandwich rubber covering the racket should
be currently authorized by the ITTF and must be fixed to the blade in a
that the ITTF logo, ITTF number (where present), supplier and brand
the names are clearly visible closer to the handle.
Lists of all approved and authorized equipment and materials are
[/color]

2- You said that the pins are being processed, you will need better proof than just saying or reporting sellers, as the person using it can say that they did not steal from the seller you reported.

3- The people who are using this type of pin are not among the table tennis elite, therefore, no confederation will buy this fight. If one day someone with a healed pin happens to gain visibility or even become one of the best, perhaps they will start to raise the issue seriously.

4- If they ban these pins, I see that the right thing would be to also ban those who use "oil" on the rubber to make them faster, in this case around 90% who play smooth would be banned from playing.

5- You could stick to the friction part of the pin, but there is no official equipment to measure whether a pin has enough friction or not, in addition to the fact that a long-pin rubber used for a long time also loses grip and as a rule it does not says that this prohibits an athlete from participating in championships.

That said, it all comes down to training, both for the pineiros to face players who use oil, and for the normal rubber players to face the "cured" pineiros.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 05:23 

bateranash wrote:
Falik wrote:
Hello!

Deixa eu ver se eu entendi, você é um pineiro pedindo pra banir pinos? Rs.
Vou te falar o que eu sei e pq dificilmente você terá sucesso nessa missão.

1- Os pinos vem com o símbolo da ITTF, porem mais importante que isso é que vem também com o número da licença, tendo esse número na LARC, oficialmente é valido. Abaixo o trecho da regra.

[color=#FFFF80]"Any ordinary pimpled rubber or sandwich rubber covering the racket shall
be currently authorised by the ITTF and shall be attached to the blade so
that the ITTF logo, the ITTF number (when present), the supplier and brand
names are clearly visible nearest the handle.
Lists of all approved and authorised equipment and materials are
[/color]

2- Você disse que os pinos estão sendo tratados, você precisará de uma prova melhor do que apenas dizer ou denunciar vendedores, pois a pessoa que está usando pode dizer que não comprou do tal vendedor que você denunciar.

3- As pessoas que estão usando esse tipo de pino não estão na elite do Tênis de mesa, sendo assim, nenhuma confederação vai comprar essa briga. Se um dia acontecer de alguém com pino curado conseguir visibilidade ou mesmo chegar entre os melhores, talvez comecem a levantar a questão com seriedade.

4- Se banirem esses pinos eu vejo que o certo seria banir também quem usa "óleo" na borracha para deixar elas mais rápidas, nesse caso uns 90% que jogam de lisa iam ser proibidos de jogar.

5- Você poderia se apegar a parte de atrito do pino, mas não existe equipamento oficial para medir se um pino tem atrito suficiente ou não, além do fato de que uma borracha de pino longo usada por muito tempo também perde aderência e na regra não diz que isso proíbe um atleta de participar de campeonatos.

Dito isso, tudo se resume a treino, tanto dos pineiros para enfrentar jogadores que usam oleo, quanto dos jogadores de borracha normal para enfrentar os pineiros "curad"

Boa sorte.

English

Let me see if I understand, are you a piner asking to ban pins? LOL.
I'll tell you what I know and why you will basically succeed in this mission.

1- The pins come with the ITTF symbol, but more important than that is that they also come with the license number, having this number in LARC is officially valid. Below is an excerpt from the rule.

[color=#FFFF80]"Any regular pimpled rubber or sandwich rubber covering the racket should
be currently authorized by the ITTF and must be fixed to the blade in a
that the ITTF logo, ITTF number (where present), supplier and brand
the names are clearly visible closer to the handle.
Lists of all approved and authorized equipment and materials are
[/color]

2- You said that the pins are being processed, you will need better proof than just saying or reporting sellers, as the person using it can say that they did not steal from the seller you reported.

3- The people who are using this type of pin are not among the table tennis elite, therefore, no confederation will buy this fight. If one day someone with a healed pin happens to gain visibility or even become one of the best, perhaps they will start to raise the issue seriously.

4- If they ban these pins, I see that the right thing would be to also ban those who use "oil" on the rubber to make them faster, in this case around 90% who play smooth would be banned from playing.

5- You could stick to the friction part of the pin, but there is no official equipment to measure whether a pin has enough friction or not, in addition to the fact that a long-pin rubber used for a long time also loses grip and as a rule it does not says that this prohibits an athlete from participating in championships.

That said, it all comes down to training, both for the pineiros to face players who use oil, and for the normal rubber players to face the "cured" pineiros.

I didn’t know about this oil. How it works?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 13:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Diegox wrote:

He's talking about boosters. They're easily available, you can even order them from tabletennis11. Or AliExpress. They're used on inverted sheets - oils make rubber swell and soften, they're usually used on the likes of Hurricane 3, which is hard and slow. Boosting makes them faster and spinnier. Their use is technically illegal (because there is a rule that prohibits altering rubbers after they come out of the packet), but supposedly the entire Chinese National Team boosts. (Also, all of these expensive "Tensor" and "Glue Effect" rubbers supposedly have the same stuff applied to them at the factory, which ISN'T illegal.) If you're curious about them, just get a bottle and try it - I used to use them but haven't used them in years, because they're a pain in the neck and don't really get me anything. There was a time when people were fascinated by them, people were experimenting by mixing their own, etc. Baby oil was a popular one. Eucalyptus oil was another, though I can't imagine why anyone would want to show up at the club with a bat that stank like Vicks Vaporub. People kept arguing that this booster was better than that booster, that it "felt" better, etc. Now it's practically a non-issue, at least I no longer see people posting about them any more.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2024, 20:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Falik wrote:

You can only use rubbers that ittf approves, some pimples are commonly being cured and sold online, i do have some names in my head here: dawei 388d-1, magician i/ii, saviga v and some more, that would be easier to check by the referees... Like for example, if im using a saviga v pimplez the referee would send my racket to some kind of inspecion or something similar. I dont Want to ban all of these rubbers, i want the cured versions to be banned.

Here's one.. :lol:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006058764637.html

Make sure you buy the "cured" version. It's supposedly frictionless, or almost so, according to the ad.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2024, 00:45 

iskandar taib wrote:
Diegox wrote:

He's talking about boosters. They're easily available, you can even order them from tabletennis11. Or AliExpress. They're used on inverted sheets - oils make rubber swell and soften, they're usually used on the likes of Hurricane 3, which is hard and slow. Boosting makes them faster and spinnier. Their use is technically illegal (because there is a rule that prohibits altering rubbers after they come out of the packet), but supposedly the entire Chinese National Team boosts. (Also, all of these expensive "Tensor" and "Glue Effect" rubbers supposedly have the same stuff applied to them at the factory, which ISN'T illegal.) If you're curious about them, just get a bottle and try it - I used to use them but haven't used them in years, because they're a pain in the neck and don't really get me anything. There was a time when people were fascinated by them, people were experimenting by mixing their own, etc. Baby oil was a popular one. Eucalyptus oil was another, though I can't imagine why anyone would want to show up at the club with a bat that stank like Vicks Vaporub. People kept arguing that this booster was better than that booster, that it "felt" better, etc. Now it's practically a non-issue, at least I no longer see people posting about them any more.

Iskandar

Thanks for explaining me that. When I started I also saw many people using it. But at some point they stoped to do it when the news spreads about a player getting cancer because of using it. But still some legal way to do it today? I mean, is it some glue or water based chemical who can be used for replicate the high tension with cheaper rubbers?

In my times I remember that people use it for stretch a Sriver and getting faster of a Tenergy for lower prices. I never did it and this is why I’m curious.

Thanks.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!