OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2024, 19:08 

and the 4 counter measures long pips players appear to have taken

- oil pimples
- sun bake pimples
- microwave pimples
- superglue pimples
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2024, 04:56 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
I agree.The LARC rubbers supposed to be used for chopping are a joke .....it is not even worth buying expensive equipment like p1v ....p1v is even more of a joke compared to P1 R ....

Any modern defender with a poor fh is dead before starting the match,.... even the blockers cannot rely on the pip performance any more...... many of whom had to be forced to use an off blade to try and increase the spin on the ball..... pathetic!! .... many mid/ low level players do laugh at pip players nowadays ....

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2024, 17:49 

Yeah, spin with plastic ball is so far less that the reversal doesn't do much either, certainly not vs strong loopers.
Doesnt even matter if you block, chop, chop block. Just not the same as with celluloid.

So we do need better pips/less strict pip rules.
Only way to win with pips is extremely good placement/active play now.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2024, 23:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Yes, I do agree . Passive play with pips near or far away from the table is a dead strategy as the pips perform worse and worse ..... even the most expensive stuff is not way better than the cheap one .... the only exception is the frictionless antis, which work very well and let you use an off / off plus blade with great consistency ....

I wonder why flantis have such poor durability.... :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2024, 17:00 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Even legendary Dr Neubauer Super Block doesn't work well with the plastic ball. Not a fan of the changes.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2024, 03:21 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
charmander defender wrote:
I wonder why flantis have such poor durability.... :lol:

Simple! a lot of the latest generation flantis are very slow and use a dampening sponge to achieve that. At some point the sponge goes but the to-sheet seems to still be okay, at least that's what I observed for Dr. Neubauer flantis (ABS2, ABS2 Evo, ABS3). A flantis lasts about as long as an inverted rubber for me. Are you okay to frequently change your inverted rubber?

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2024, 08:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Well,When I did try the DMS antis( scandal,reflection) at the time, I noticed the reversal got worse over time unlike pips performance,which gets better and better , for instance , DG and BT are incredibly outstanding the more you train with them .That is the reason why for example,Marcus . changes his anti a lot , way sooner than any of us.

The price of the new flantis is outrageous -to say the least.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2024, 08:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Even legendary Dr Neubauer Super Block doesn't work well with the plastic ball. Not a fan of the changes.

I did notice softer pips are much better with this plastic ball.No wonder the legendary Dr Neubauer Super Block doesn't work very well at present. Hard pips for blocking are now less effective, for instance,Spinlord Zeitgeist( hard pips ) worked well before the plastic ball was enforced .

The famous PAlio CK 531A also worked very well with the celluloid ball, chances are the Palio CK 531A thread is already dead for good .

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2024, 21:55 

charmander defender wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

I did notice softer pips are much better with this plastic ball.No wonder the legendary Dr Neubauer Super Block doesn't work very well at present. Hard pips for blocking are now less effective, for instance,Spinlord Zeitgeist( hard pips ) worked well before the plastic ball was enforced .

The famous PAlio CK 531A also worked very well with the celluloid ball, chances are the Palio CK 531A thread is already dead for good .

actually, i played with palio ck531a for about one year last year. Best season ever.
But, not straight away, it took like 2/3 weeks of use and the more it went on the better it got. However towards the end I did have pips break off a lot. To the point I had to replace.
Palio CK531a wasn't very special at anything but even with the plastic ball it was consistent at everything. I had great success with it that way, I knew what to expect from the rubber basically.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2024, 20:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

FRICTIONLESS MATERIALS FOUND TO BE DETRIMENTAL FOR THE SPORT.

The former rule to allow the use of uncovered rackets was cancelled far back in mid 70s. The main motive behind was the erratic spin on the ball and weird bounce produced by the uncovered blade surface.
If uncovered, wood surface is known to give a fancy ball rebound and traction force close to zero Cof measured at 0.10- 0.20.

Same is the so-called "frictionless" Anti rubbers. For these given reasons, we strongly advocate a mandatory restriction of CoF to 0.25 at minimum, for all the Anti rubbers being sold on market.

Be happy.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2024, 10:24 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
igorponger wrote:

Who found this?

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2024, 13:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Igor, of course. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2024, 14:11 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Matt Pimple wrote:
igorponger wrote:

Who found this?

In Adham Sharara's (at the time, President of the ITTF) topics he gave the answer as

"The national associations found it important to set a minimum friction level so as not to have total slippery rubbers that would be deemed, in their opinion, detrimental to the sport."

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2024, 23:43 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I really don't understand how it's "detrimental to the sport". Where are all the top level professionals (either at an international or national level) who are just dominating with this? Yes, you will have one or two, but my guess is 95% (or more) of the top players do not use the new anti's or long pips.

Oh, is it "detrimental" because beginners get frustrated and quit? Then maybe we should have standards against rubbers that provide too much spin or too much speed, so that they don't get "frustrated" and give up the sport because of boosted, bouncy inverted rubbers.

It's hypocritical and a double standard.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2024, 02:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Let's assume pips and antis will be banned forever in 2025.Would any of you quit the sport?

If Not.what equipment would you be using then ?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!