OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Xiom?
PostPosted: 20 May 2007, 02:45 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

What has happened to the much hyped Xiom long pips?

If they'd distribute within the UK I'd buy a barrel load tomorrow, but I can't even find their website now.

Any ideas?

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2007, 03:19 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Thanks - they are not too expensive either.

Still no UK distribution, but I'll see if I can get some.

Just about to try a new product from Hallmark:

http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-misc.php

See how it goes.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007, 12:00 
Super User

Hi I am new to this forum, nice to see good info on LP.
I have been using Xiom Gullotine S for nearly 2 years, it is a tensor rubber only in black in NZ. I use 1mm sponge. I have tryied 837, 755 Stoga Destroyer, Meteor L-8512 and faint II and III, but really only Xiom. I would describe it as aggressive long pimples. It returns serves low and no spin or if you can side spin off the server that works very well, very spiny, you can brush the ball with it, esp against chop and you can do an ugly chop block over the table, and you and hit a chopped ball very very hard and it goes back as chop looking like loop. It does very thing really great but very hard to block with, you need an upwards motion to make it work then it is evil. I NZ it is sold for $ 60. I play 4 times a week and it last 12 months. I also use Joola Chen Wiexing blade

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007, 12:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum Greggy!

Great info on the Xiom rubber, a lot of us have been wondering about it. So it sounds like quite a grippy long pimple? It's not frictionless is it? Are the tips much different to the sides of the tips... important criteria to see if it will get banned.

Cheers!

Post subject: Friction or less
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007, 13:52 
Super User

Thanks for the welcome. Gullotine S is friction pimples, the tops of the pimple is knobby ( if that is a word ) so if you run the ball over the top of the pips the ball grips. The pimples are thin and soft and flexible. They do not give much wobble but some times out of the blue if you can take all the pace off the ball they will wobble the ball. I have been getting coached by a Korean professional Chopper who lives CHCH and was a professional coach in Korean, there are few choppers in NZ but having a really good coach makes all the difference. She tells me how to play as a chopper correctly and what to do against different styles of play. Big importance is placed on timing of your returns. But I could write a book about chopping. I hope to get to Aussy Vets in Sept may see some of the members there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007, 14:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks for the tips greggy!

Quote:
But I could write a book about chopping.

Well you may be interested in taking part in our new PIPS website, where we're trying to build an authorative website for pimples rubbers, strokes, strategies, etc! If you're willing to contibute that would be awesome!

See our "PIPS Website" section for details, and some of the articles already written.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 06:23 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Wow Greggy, I must admit I'm pretty jealous...it's hard enough to even find a normal coach here in the states, much less a professional Korean chopper! That must be doing wonders for your game. Is Guilotine S the only pip you've tried from Xiom?

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject: Only LP form Xiom
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 07:05 
Super User

Firstly thanks for comments, but I hate to skite but 3 years ago the Korean Army team came to NZ invited by one of the two Korean coaches in Christchurch, and I got to trian with them and in the team at the time was Joo Se Hyuk, so I got train with him. At the time I was a medium pimple hitter 563-1 not a chopper. What a highlight so far in my TT life. I only started playing TT 6 years agao at 42yrs old. But I was a competive Badminton players turning to chopping was easy the footwork not the same but close enought to adpat. BTW he was a really nice guy very humble and glided around the playing area then killer loop. At the time he was still using faint II and trackness ( fire I think ) But back to Xoim pimples the Korean coach only brings in Gullotine S the other one is Spike but it is know to be very brittle and they give you two in the packet. She also brings in a very good Medium Pimple that I can not see on Xoim Website called Styx, as I plyed Mid pipms for 2 years I know about Mid pips, very fast great for blocking but no good for chopping

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 07:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wow that's awesome! Now you're making all of jealous!

Would be great if you can share with us some of the things you learnt?

Cheers!

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 08:01 
Super User

Should I put my big comments here or on where?

I have some great info in how to play the hard balls as a chopper and about timing of shots that my coach drills into me.

And the differnace between modern choppers and old school choppers.

Are short articles best or long ones?

Gregg

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 08:06 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Very 8)

We only need Weixing Chen to have an association with a forum member to round things off.

This week we've had emails from Steve Hall, Neubauer, members training with Mr Joo.... :)

Although frankly I would have though Mr Joo could outmanoever us guys on his pips and chops alone without needing to kill-loop

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 08:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Greggy wrote:
Should I put my big comments here or on where?

I have some great info in how to play the hard balls as a chopper and about timing of shots that my coach drills into me.

And the differnace between modern choppers and old school choppers.

Are short articles best or long ones?

Gregg

Here would be great, or if you're happy for them to go onto our PIPS website, you can post them in the forum here:

http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/viewforum.php?f=14

I look forward to it, cheers!

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 08:40 
Super User

You are right he did not need to loop to beat most of us older guys of course, but we have serveral ex professional players live in our town, one China shakehand 802 glued to the max hitter who got as high as number 50 in China, so he looped against him and in demo matches he played the other Army team memebr who were 130 odd world ranking. About every second year our coaches bring out Korean players mainly ofr holiday as NZ is so beautifull and great golf ( which they love and cheap golf in NZ in my town 28 golf coarse within 40 minutes and about $30 NZ per round ) last year a Korean Chopper woman called Yoon Sun Ae, world rank 105. We have a chinese lady chopper called Sun Yang who knows Chen Wiexing and she says he has a bad temper and sweares alot, but I think he gives his all while playing. And I like him and his play

Sorry for ealrier messages missing the I out of Guillotine, must use my spell checker more

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 09:06 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Thanks - I'm disappointed by Weixing Chen's atttitude in Korea that counts for a lot. I like his style of play but nevertheless am disappointed.

I forget the Japanese word for this but it sort of means humble and a gentle spirit and is a highly prized characteristic in Korea and Japan. Its one of the reasons I like the Koreans and Japanese alot.

It is cool to see Mr Joo as being humble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 09:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wow, you're so lucky! Sounds like some great talent to get some tips off.... I'm planning my next holiday destination :lol: Please share your tips with us!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!