OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Review of C8
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 12:38 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

hows the hit?

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2012, 04:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Looking for a replacement for TSP P-1r 0.6 which suffered from broken pips, I picked up my DHS C-8 only to find that its pips break even easier and in the same insidious way, i.e. partially broken at their bases where only a careful inspection reveals the problem.

Anyone know of a durable alternative?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2012, 18:04 
Super User

The PF4-C8 is a totaly differnt pips to the DHS C8! If someone want's to sell some PF4-C8 (at best uncut) i am interested to by some one! My last PF4-C8 are gone some time ago.
The PF4-C8 is muce more soft then the DHS C8. I like soft LP so i can play better LP loops.

Best regads Uli

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2012, 03:24 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Played a C8 OX red before, higher throw than others, solved by putting a 0.6 mm below. Great chopping from a distance with lots of underspin when compared to 755 OX, pf course. :)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 15:18 

Blade: Xiom Strato
FH: Andro R47
BH: DHS C-8 1mm
Hi Everyone..This is my first post..let me very honest, the main reason of this post- couldn't stop my excitement and result came out of using first LP...I am playing inverted for last 20 years and shifted to LP just three days back..using DHS C-8 1 mm in BH..I am one of the better player in my office and also won some district level championship at veterans level..started TT at class 6 till 12th(till 1999) and then started again in May 2013 after a significant gap..I am bit on a heavier side and felt even some lesser skilled players are able to beat me just because of my restricted movement..I am not a looper (80% flat hit and 20% loop)..Loops are fast and flat..soon I realized that I need to do something different specially to be competitive with good payers..mind you I still beat most of young players who are not very good ..however good players play with my physic and take advantage..I struggle mainly from BH to FH and vice versa ..
Now come to main point..I finally switch to LP just three days back..watched lot of you tube and just playing close to table(my strength)..Just from second day not lost a single match..not played much superior player but beating all who were competitive with me(50:50)..I even beaten one guy a love(Nil) game..can't even thought of..that guys used to be very competitive and even sometime beat me under 6..they are just saying..what the hell is this..I can't express my feeling..I am just keeping the ball..some balls are going high as it is just third day..I played around 40 games in last two days and not lost 1..extraordinary..I need to change the blade though as it is a off ++..already ordered off- blade..Not tried many things but any quick push is making life miserable for opponents..I am just loving it..all I need to do is just open the face(like vertical) and take the ball on bounce..I will do better on fast loops with slightly slower blade..I just put red 1mm C-8 to my existing setup and this is the scene..imagine on a off- or all blade how will I play..my observations- It is making the game slow and I am getting lot of time for my very strong forehand..My forehand also became deadly..I also felt that FH also become slightly slow which was exceptionally fast earlier..I am able to hit anything on forehand now..not sure its technical or just confidence after LP :) ..Need advice from experienced LP players

Regards,
Rakesh