OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Club News Forum
PostPosted: 27 May 2011, 17:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I've been rolling this idea around in my head and I think it may be very beneficial for the forum and members of clubs alike, but I'd like some feedback from as many existing members as possible. As the title suggests, the idea is to have a section or sub-forum dedicated to TT clubs news from around the world. I'd envisage each club (or a member of a club) that wants to would have a thread in the section which would have the clubs name and country/location as its title.

We could have a "first post template" to have some standard information about the club like how many members it has, what competitions it runs and when, club contact information, a link to the clubs website if there is one, what fees are paid to play there.... in other words a club profile! Then members of the forum who are members of the club could post to indicate they are members if they wish (which may get some members together for a hit if they didn't realise they both belonged to the same club). Members of the forum could get an idea when they travel of what a club is like and who to contact (either at the club or on the forum) to get a hit there.

In addition to this then the clubs members can update the forum members on news about what is going on at their club, have members asks questions and generally share ideas across clubs. I know at my own club I am not always aware of some of the things that are going on and this may provide an avenue of information that was previously not there.

Obviously for this to work, we would need some members to stick their hand up to begin with and say "yep, I'd be happy to start a thread on that for my club cos I think it would be valuable". Obviously the more club threads we have running, and the more regularly they get updated, the more interesting it would be. But even if we just had an initial template on some clubs and some that were updating here and there, I still think it would be good information and could even tie in somewhat with the map of clubs worldwide thread we have here.

So, if having read this, you have any ideas, questions, or feelings you'd like to express about the idea, please make a post about it here. ;) :up:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Club News Forum
PostPosted: 27 May 2011, 17:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I quite like the idea, and will certainly list my club!

It would also be an opportunity to for people to promote their own club. The first post could contain club information, and any members here that belong to the club (if they wish to be listed). This would give them a contact person if they want to play at the club as well.

PostPosted: 30 May 2011, 12:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Anyone have any interest in this idea?

PostPosted: 30 May 2011, 17:57 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I would love too... as I am involved in several clubs/competitions in Sydney plus I do get all the gossip from other members.

PostPosted: 30 May 2011, 23:26 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

metal monkey wrote:
I would love too... as I am involved in several clubs/competitions in Sydney plus I do get all the gossip from other members.

Excellent MM, I'll count you in! :up: :rock:

Any other takers? Don't be afraid, it will be up to you as to how much or how little you contribute.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 12:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Ok, perhaps it is time to knock up a template for the first post for each club thread and then see who is willing to do one. So far we have me, Haggisv, and Metal Monkey (perhaps for multiple clubs).

Template will look something like the following, feel free to make suggestions for changes:

Club Details

Club Name:

Club Address: (optional)

Club Contact Details: eg. Manager name and number/email address

Club Website: (and/or other useful club links like a club coaching blog)

Member Details
Approximate Number of Members:

Number of Males Members (approx): (optional)
Number of Female Members (approx): (optional)

Forum Members who have indicated they are club members: list

Competition Details
Competitions run: eg. A grade, B grade, C grade, D grade, Juniors.

Teams Format: eg. 3 person, 2 person

Match Scoring: eg. Best of 5 games to 11, Best of 3 games to 21, etc

Competition Times: eg. A grade Monday 7 - 11pm, B Grade Tuesday 7 -11pm

Competition Type: eg. Internal only - same facility. or Regional competition hosting, etc.

Competition Affiliation/Rules: eg. ITTF, USATT, TTV, etc.

Competition Ranking Points: eg.Internal only, Submitted to Affiliated Body, etc.

Seasons per year: eg. 1 , 2, 3, 4

Season run times: eg. Feb - June, August - December

Balls provided for competition: eg. Yes/No/BYO

Ball Standard required: eg. 3 star Brand/ Any

Visitors Welcome: Yes/No

Beginner Friendly?: eg. Yes/Sometimes/No

Visitor Welcome Times: eg. Saturdays and Sundays 12pm - 5pm.

Booking requirements: eg. Call first or show up and wait for table.

Fee Structure: eg. Joining Fee/Affiliation Fee, Competition Fees, Visitor Fees, etc

Dress Requirements

Footware requirements: eg. No thongs, sturdy sports shoes required, etc

Competition Dress:

Visitor and Casual Play: eg. Neat,Tidy sportswear

Facility Details
Building Type: eg. Dedicated or Shared with other activities

Number of Tables:

Table setup: eg. Permanently up, Setup as required

Barrier Types: eg. Fixed or Temporary

Floor Surface: eg Wood, Concrete, Carpet, etc.

Cafeteria/Shop Facilities and Times: eg. Tea, Coffee, SoftDrinks, Snack food, during competitions only or always available etc. Equipment sales - Premade bats and balls, rubbers, blades, gluing service available.

Spectator Facilities: eg. Max 10 per table

Food/Drink allowed in spectator area: eg. Yes/No, Yes, but no hot food or drink, etc.

Coaching Staff: eg. Available upon pre-arranged booking, 2 x level 1 coaches, 1 x Level 3 Coach. Saturdays juniors group coaching 12pm - 2pm.

Parking Available: eg. 200 car spaces, free or cost.

Transport Available: eg, nearest train station

Club History

Year of Establishment:

Best Player Achievements: eg. Runner-up Australian Champion 1998

Other items of note: eg. Hosted National Championships 1985

This is only a draft suggestion at this stage and once we decide on what will be a final template it will be up to the Club Thread Owner (ie. the person who fills out the template for a club) as to what details they wish to provide.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 13:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Nice template! Don't forget the Club Website.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 14:11 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Thanks, I'm sure there are other useful things I've forgotten too! ;)

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 16:32 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
wow thats a lot of info needed! if my league is willing to supply me with some of the info in your template il have a go.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 17:00 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Good stuff debater. We might get this off the ground yet! ;) Can't hurt a club to have it presence felt out in the world surely?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 17:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think just give the info that you know... you can always add more later...

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2011, 20:24 

I constructed a web site for one of the clubs I played, upon request from other members. It was done sometime ago and I have not done any update since. May be you would find it interesting the way we played TT with fun here. :oops:

https://sites.google.com/site/kelabpingpongputraperdana/

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!