OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 15:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I like that! :lol: :lol: :lol: I think most would have a custom title by then... or at least be nominated for one....

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 16:25 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

... the title's???
maybe like....

Basement Player - *-25 posts
Intermediate Player - *-100 posts
Advanced Player - *-300posts
State Team Member - ????
National Player - ?????
Professional - ?????

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 17:57 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Just tweaking the idea a little....

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Maybe we make it....

OOAK Newbie

OOAK Intermediate

OOAK Custom Wannabee

OOAK Custom Award Electible

This would place a focus on posting enough to aim for a custom title with the rules of nomination based on worthiness still required. And I think we could add a criteria to the custom titles that they can be lost after one year without X (perhaps 100) number of posts judged valuable by Mod team if new custom title places are required.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 19:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

That's probably a little too much focus on the custom titles IMO...

I do think the custom titles are very important, as it's one of the few way that we have, where we can show people appreciation for their contributions...

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2011, 05:58 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

GrumpyJoe wrote:
The only trouble I see with counting your post with to your level is just because you might have 3000 posts doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. We have s few members like that now.

:D
:sweat:

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 11:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I thought I'd resurrect this thread as we've had some new discussions on it, and we never finalised this.

I think we should rename the titles discussed above (not sure about the names as yet), but also include a new title at 1000+, perhaps with an extra little logo as well, coz 1000 is quite an achievement, and you would have made quite a significant contribution, and you'd be well a truly a big part of the forum.

So we can have:

1 post - NEW NAME (currently New Member)
50 posts - NEW NAME (current Full member)
100 posts - NEW NAME (current Senior member)
200 posts - NEW NAME (current Super User)
1000 posts - NEW NAME (no current name)

We could create a new logo for the 1000 post title (which goes just above your avatar, like the ones you see for admin.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 14:11 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
We could make it like TT divisions where you go in:

Division 5 - 1 post
Division 4 - 50 posts
Division 3 - 100 posts
Division 2 - 200 posts
Division 1 - 500 posts
Premier Division - 1000 posts

We could shorten the word division to be div and use the word member or player after the number. I think adding in the 500 post marker would keep things interesting between 200 and 1000 if the software allows the extra rank. Otherwise eliminate Division 5.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 16:29 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

As I've reached the 1000+ post status my only concern is for getting the title right for that accolade. So, I'll suggest a few titles I think I could live with, but, really, there is just one that seems to hit all the buttons for me. So, without further ado, my title suggestion for a poster that gets to 1000+ posts is:

OOAK NUT

The beauty of this title is that it describes the fruit of the OOAK tree, which is the acorn, but also known as the Oak Nut (look it up in wikipedia). Also, a nut is someone that is fanatical or deeply enthusiastic about something, in this case the OOAK Forum. And, of course, it has a nice humour to it, which can't be a bad thing, unless you're hypersensitive. :oops:

While I was thinking about titles and before I stumbled on OOAK Nut, others were: OOAK Devotee, OOAK Junkie, OOAK Obsessive, OOAK Fanatic, OOAK Freak ... you get the jist. An online thesausrus can be a real help.

If the title OOAK Nut were to be accepted, then it could have an additional graphic of an acorn (or not).

Am I pushing the oak tree metaphor too hard? :P :P :P

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 16:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The OOAK Nut title is hilarious... especially with the double meaning! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 16:48 

Another nice thing about it is that those graphic banner title thingies you have seem to have a red-white graphic that looks like a little oak nut (acorn). I think I need to lie down at this stage. |(

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)

PostPosted: 17 May 2012, 18:20 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
Oskar wrote:
While I was thinking about titles and before I stumbled on OOAK Nut, others were: OOAK Devotee, OOAK Junkie, OOAK Obsessive, OOAK Fanatic, OOAK Freak ... you get the jist.

So I could be So_devo, devotee !!

185g

PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 04:30 

so_devo, you're already covered in so many medals! :P :rofl: And I think your devotion is not in question. ;) :clap: But back to the question of the 'banner title' for someone achieving 1000+ posts (which you're very close to), is your preference for 'OOAK Devotee'?

PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 04:41 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
As people are already posting on OOAK forum it seems strange to include it in their title - it should be obvious they are a OOAK "Nut" by the fact you are reading their posts on the OOAK forum. Maybe just shorten it to acorn for no posters, sapling for under 100, OOAK Tree for over "x" number assuming the analogy to oak trees is to be kept :)

As most members also usually have a "given name" by the time they reach 1000 posts I'm not sure another one is necessary for that acolade. And again as has been pointed out, quantity is no gauge of quality so I'm not sure a "divisional ranking" is appropriate, unless quantity is seen to be more important than quality? :)

This also assumes forum members even care about whether they are "a super user" or not. Maybe a vote could be had on whether people want it changed first, and then if they do decide what it should be changed to?

PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 04:58 

I think it's a bit of fun, like the custom titles, which not everyone has taken on - regardless of their commitment to this forum.

I think the issue of quantity over quality is always valid, but from my experience quality has always outweighed quantity, especially in the form that I assume you're referring to, i.e. posts for the sake of posts. Maybe I'm guilty of that right now. It's an easy thing to find out from a words per post point of view (just look over any members posts), but more difficult is the assessment of what constitutes quality.

I agree that the issue of issuing more titles should be put to a vote, but, perhaps, more importantly, it should be discussed first, which, of course, we're doing right now. No point voting on something that won't get voted on.

Anyway, you all know where my vote would go! :up:

PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 07:25 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Oskar wrote:
As I've reached the 1000+ post status my only concern is for getting the title right for that accolade. So, I'll suggest a few titles I think I could live with, but, really, there is just one that seems to hit all the buttons for me. So, without further ado, my title suggestion for a poster that gets to 1000+ posts is:

OOAK NUT

I like it. You forgot one thing though: you already have a custom one, so you can't benefit from your own suggestion :P .

I also think that the current progression is OK and can be kept as it is, but adding the "nut level" is good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!