OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 22 May 2019, 08:01


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Do we want a 'members only' section?
Yes, good idea! 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
No, I don't like it! 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 23
Author Message
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 14:41 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 32256
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1847 times
Been thanked: 1191 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
I'm wondering what people think of a 'members only' section, which is similar to the OOAK Lounge section, but it's for registered members only?

Although anyone can register and can then see it, it still gives you a little more privacy when posting something, like a personal video or picture, as non-registered members cannot see it, and won't even know the existance of this section.

Any value in this?

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 14:54 
Offline
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot
User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007, 12:48
Posts: 1172
Location: SW Ohio USA
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 23 times
I like the idea. And we should call it... "A really cool place for really cool people".

_________________
Equipment:
Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 2.0, TSP P1r Curl 1.5-1.7

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 17:41 
Offline
The Court Jester
The Court Jester
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 09:33
Posts: 1224
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 97 times
I actually thought about this question earlier this week mainly because it may cut down on the number of spammers.
But some of us (including myself) tried the forum for a long time before registering.
"Members only" would cut down the number of potential members too, so I voted NO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 22:20 
Offline
My Precious
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2012, 20:02
Posts: 486
Location: Adelaide Australia
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 58 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Dtecs OX
shaolinTT wrote:
I actually thought about this question earlier this week mainly because it may cut down on the number of spammers.
But some of us (including myself) tried the forum for a long time before registering.
"Members only" would cut down the number of potential members too, so I voted NO.


I voted no for the same reason :?: :?: :?:
It took me quite a long time to come out from under my cloke of invisibility & join so I think this could seem to make us more exclusive. :n: :n:

_________________
Setup 1: Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon | Joola Golden Tango black 1.8mm FH & Tibhar Grass D. TecS OX red BH
Setup 2: Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon | Joola Golden Tango PS black 2.0mm FH & Troublemaker OX red BH
Setup 3: Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon | Joola Golden Tango black 1.8mm FH & & Spinlord Dornenglanz OX red BH

See the ball, be the ball...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 22:29 
Offline
Count Darkula
Count Darkula
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:07
Posts: 17483
Location: Dark side of Australia!!
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 289 times
Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Gollum wrote:
shaolinTT wrote:
I actually thought about this question earlier this week mainly because it may cut down on the number of spammers.
But some of us (including myself) tried the forum for a long time before registering.
"Members only" would cut down the number of potential members too, so I voted NO.


I voted no for the same reason :?: :?: :?:
It took me quite a long time to come out from under my cloke of invisibility & join so I think this could seem to make us more exclusive. :n: :n:


I think you guys have misinterpreted the question. Its not to make the entire forum members only, but ONE SECTION a members only section.

Non-members would see all the forum you guys saw and got you to join...they would simply get one additional section when they become a member. Think of it as a BONUS section for making the commitment to join. ;)

_________________
I'm always in the dark, but the Dark sheds lights upon everything!! :twisted: Beauty is only pimple deep! Beauty is in the eye of the pipholder!
S/U 1: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Andro Rasant 2.1 . BH Red Tibhar Grass Dtecs
S/U 2: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Hexer+ 2.1 . BH Red GD Talon
S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012, 22:50 
Offline
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop
User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 08:20
Posts: 1452
Location: Egersund, Norway
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 177 times
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I think you guys have misinterpreted the question. Its not to make the entire forum members only, but ONE SECTION a members only section.

Non-members would see all the forum you guys saw and got you to join...they would simply get one additional section when they become a member. Think of it as a BONUS section for making the commitment to join. ;)

Still, much of what now goes into the "Lounge" subforum will probably fall in the private area, even if it doesn't need to. That, and the very existence of a "private place", may make the forums come out as less welcoming than what the current situation is.

As for non-members not knowing about the existence of that "private place": It will surely be mentioned in other subforums.

If I have something to share here that I wouldn't want to publish worldwide (and I can't think of a context where that should happen), I guess I'd use a PM.

My two bits...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: