OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Suggestions for forum
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2007, 09:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
With the new year just around the corner, and the forum anniversary just past, I thought I'd bring up the topic of any changes or improvements to the forum again...

So if you have any ideas that can make this place more exciting or interesting, or just something that bugs you and want fixed, feel free to shout out!

Cheers!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2008, 01:00 
VaMP-ire Killer

a couple things, mergers realy

both long and short Pimple forums should be merged (or create a new forum called Pimples an have the old 2 forums as an archive)

the hints+tips realy should be merged with coaching forum as they are basicly the same. the same applies liek with the pimples, a new forum with the old one archived could be a good idea

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2008, 02:57 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

I'm with speedy. No merging.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 14:30 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
I'm with Speedplay and Bogey.

LP and SP and Anti's all have their own characteristics and keeping them separated will be much easier for people to find out what they are looking for.

Techniques, strategies, hints and tips might be combined though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 17:22 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I'm with everyone and I like the action. It will be easier if they are separated. De Haggis is making action for the forum without making world war like I tend to do. It would be cool to see more comments from Arlene, she says worthwile stuff each post.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 23:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Ah Yes Der_E, but remember quality over quantity. The reason Arlene says good stuff is because she doesn't rave on like the rest of us and keeps the posts to quality stuff. If she goes for quantity, soon she'll be just saying stuff for the sake of it, like you and I do, haha!

Now as the biggest thing I can think of for this forum Haggisv, and I don't know of the potential tools you have in your kit for it, but I'd like to see a chat room, where rather than just making posts to each other we could have actual conversations in real time. Perhaps a room for each category? Obviously the posts would stay, but I think the ability to converse when another person is online would improve not only relationships but knowledge as I'm sure there would be more said about each topic than just whats in the posts. I'll leave it with you to think about. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 04:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Agreed, as I'm more than 6 hours removed from Speedplay and 14 hours removed from Sydney it would make participating in live chats difficult.

I actually prefer to pose a well phrased question and I can wait a day for a well phrased answer. Quality is more important than speed to me.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 09:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes I also like the idea, but can see negatives as well. The beauty of a forum is that people can search for discussion, as it's all there on record... and they can bring up old topics, and get their questions answered by simply searching... with chat you'd lose all that... Any really usful stuff is gone unless you make a copy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 09:32 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
Der_Echte and RTTE, thanks for the kind comments.

With regards to the live forum chat, I do agree with Speedplay and agooding2's comments. The forum questions have a way of evolving and that you will never see in a chat room.

I think the PM feature will have to suffice if you want to chat with someone in particular. I look forward to reading this forum and always a nice surprise if I have any messages in the inbox.... I'm sure most of us will answer any PM's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 10:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks everyone!

I think I might just combine the hints & Tips section with the coaching, technique section... this hints & tips is not really used...

The archive section is unfortunately getting out of date as well... I just don't seem to be able to keep up... I'll leave it for now as it's still useful as it is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 13:51 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I can see all the points of view for not having chat as well, I just thought it may add another element to the forum. If you had the tools for a chatroom, you could also have all chat archived, but it could grow very big and be hard to find stuff, and have lots of rubbish in there too. Twas just a suggestion, didn't mean to panic anybody, hehe.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 14:18 
I am Legend
I am Legend

If there was a chatroom, I don't think you should attempt to archive it. If you want something archived, copy it out of the chat and post it somewhere on the board.

Easiest way to do this is just have an irc channel on a server somewhere - can use pjirc (java client) to connect. minimum fuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 16:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I can see all the points of view for not having chat as well, I just thought it may add another element to the forum. If you had the tools for a chatroom, you could also have all chat archived, but it could grow very big and be hard to find stuff, and have lots of rubbish in there too. Twas just a suggestion, didn't mean to panic anybody, hehe.

Appreciate the suggestions, and it's worth discussing for sure :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 18:46 

Hi Haggisv, just one small thing i've noticed. :)

I've found when searching on here, even if you select the forum you want to look in it still spits out a huge number of results... even for some very carefully phrased searches.

Atm the only options are "search message text", and "search topic title and message text"... but in many of the other forums i've been to there is a third option - "search topic title only" - which should give more specific results and make the searching more useful when you're looking for something specific.

Just a thought :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2008, 19:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

An excellent suggestion... and I know what you mean. I'll see how easy it is to implement.

Cheers for the tip!