OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 20:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I assume some of you have read this discussion thread about creating subforums under the Techniques section?

We would like to enhance the Techniques Section and break it down into sub-forums where each one represents a certain style of play or stroke.

The logic is that when you play a certain style, it can be very hard to find specific information on technique, or the basic strokes that are effective for this style. This is even more true for the less conventional styles. Most style have some unique aspects that are worth discussing and could be highly valuable to players wanting to learn or improve in this style.
These sub-forums will represent a focused section for our styles of play. A place to ask questions, share strategies, get input from experts, etc. A section where technique information for your style will be easy to find. A section people with specific styles will always check.

Some of these styles or strokes are related to the equipment used, but some are styles of play can be played with a variety of equipment. Some proposed subsections so far are:

LP Push/Blocking - RebornTTEvnglist
LP Chopping - Pipsy
LP Attacking - keme
Penhold LP techniques - theOldDuffer
Classical Antispin Techniques
Frictionless Antispin Techniques
SP Techniques - dunc
Inverted chopping - so_devo
Inverted Retrieving - Retriever
Inverted Looping - so_devo
Inverted Pushing/Blocking - so_devo
Serving - Def-attack
More???

What we are looking for is a Moderator for each section. For this section you have the power (and responsibility :oops: ) of a moderator, so that you can organise the section, move or remove unrelated content, sticky posts, delete spam, etc.

You do NOT need to be an expert in the area to volunteer for the Moderator position, nor will you need to create most (or any) of the content. All we would ask is that you have an interest in the topic and spend just a little time organising it and perhaps asking questions to try and collect relevant and useful information. There will be no pressure or obligation to do anything, so you can make of it what you want.

For those that put up their hands, a link (to your subsection) in your signature might be a good idea, and if you don't already have a custom title, I can put that you manage that section under your avatar as well. :up: That should all help to attract more people with that style to the section. :rock:

We're hoping to make this the ultimate resource for techniques and styles, which can be of great benefit to everyone, so please help make this new section successful! :rock: :rock: :rock:

If you've got questions or suggestion, please post them here. If you'd like to put up your hand for a section, please post here too. :up:

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 21:11 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

I could try my hand at moderation, as long as others provide the drive ;)

Out of the suggested sections, "LP Attacking" is perhaps the one closest to how I play these days, so perhaps that's the logical spot.
(In our club I am trying to teach everyone, regardless of style, so if needed you can put me anywhere you want. Can't contribute much in SP or anti sections, but as you say, moderation is not primarily about producing content.)

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 22:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thank you keme! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 00:53 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
If you still need someone for it, I'd be happy to help co-creating and moderating a subsection around LP chopping...

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 03:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
I assume some of you have read this discussion thread about creating subforums under the Techniques section?

We would like to enhance the Techniques Section and break it down into sub-forums where each one represents a certain style of play or stroke.

The logic is that when you play a certain style, it can be very hard to find specific information on technique, or the basic strokes that are effective for this style. This is even more true for the less conventional styles. Most style have some unique aspects that are worth discussing and could be highly valuable to players wanting to learn or improve in this style.
These sub-forums will represent a focused section for our styles of play. A place to ask questions, share strategies, get input from experts, etc. A section where technique information for your style will be easy to find. A section people with specific styles will always check.

Some of these styles or strokes are related to the equipment used, but some are styles of play can be played with a variety of equipment. Some proposed subsections so far are:

LP Push/Blocking
LP Chopping
LP Attacking
Classical Antispin Techniques
Frictionless Antispin Techniques
Short Pimple techniques
Inverted chopping
Inverted Retrieving
Inverted Looping
Inverted Pushing/Blocking
More???

What we are looking for is a Moderator for each section. For this section you have the power (and responsibility :oops: ) of a moderator, so that you can organise the section, move or remove unrelated content, sticky posts, delete spam, etc.

How about adding pen hold long pimples?
tOD

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 07:30 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Pipsy wrote:
If you still need someone for it, I'd be happy to help co-creating and moderating a subsection around LP chopping...

That would be great, thank you Pipsy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 07:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

theOldDuffer wrote:
How about adding pen hold long pimples?tOD

Yes, why not. I've added Penhold LP techniques to the list (see first post). :up:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 12:19 
Super User

I had to watch the following clip a few times to muster enough chutzpah...

Well, I'm still new at the game, the OOAK Forum game that is, but what the heck, if you need a volunteer for pushblocking, and I'm by no means pushblocker, we'll sure why not!

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 22:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks timeout! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 22:48 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I'm no expert on SPs but I can probably moderate a forum well enough. Count me in :)

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 23:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

dunc wrote:
I'm no expert on SPs but I can probably moderate a forum well enough. Count me in :)

Good on you dunc, added you to the SP Techniques section. :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 07:26 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I thought I had put my hand up for Inverted Retrieving in the other thread. I guess that is still the case.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 07:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Retriever wrote:
I thought I had put my hand up for Inverted Retrieving in the other thread. I guess that is still the case.

Indeed you did :oops: , thank you Retriever, I've updated the list! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 01:20 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I'll do the rest of the inverted sections if no-one else wants them ......

185g

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 02:16 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Because they are often related, it might also be an option to merge inverted chopping and LP chopping and create one "Chopping" subsection?

Wouldn't it also be better to merge the two antispin techniques, in order to avoid excessive fragmenting?

so_devo wrote:
I'll do the rest of the inverted sections if no-one else wants them ......