OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Would you find a TT Blogs page useful?
Yes 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
No 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Don't mind either way. 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2014, 20:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Now that we've got a TT News page, which I hope people find useful :oops: , would it also be useful to have a TT Blogs page, with live feeds from useful table tennis blogs from all over the net?
We could include a combined feed of posts from our own blogs on this forum to give it a little more exposure, as well as feeds from other prominent and useful blogs, which could be informative and good for stimulating discussions.
Useful?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 00:21 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
I voted no.

My blog is about my own personal playing experiences and is as much a tool for me to reflect on my own game as anything else. I'm happy what I post being hidden away there. If people are interested then that is a bonus, but for me there is no need to raise a blogs profile.

If you are referring to MNNB's "blog" then fair enough as I generally find that to be more of a "news update" page in itself rather than a report of MNNB's personal table tennis playing experiences - but then, MNNB's "blog" gets so many hits, does it really need an "info" page. It almost seems like this is a way of generating a discussion outside of MNNB's blog.

Out of interest, how much traffic is brought in to this forum by MNNB's blog compared to all other views combined? Who would decide which blogs ouside or even within the forum are fed on to this "blog page" and how much work would it require to keep it fresh?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 07:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks for the response Debater :up:

The main purpose of the page would be provide further sources of information to our members from external blogs.

I just thought that a blogs page would not be complete without the addition of a (single) feed of all our internal blogs combined, and since it's so easy to miss things when browsing through the forum, and our members are more like to see something interesting they missed as well. However I can easily exclude any blogs feeds from those that prefer this.

As far as traffic sources to our are concerned, I don't know how to extract the information that you ask about, but it tends to be spread out widely over the information from the whole forum. Since MNNB's blog has recent news, I'm sure it can bring surges of traffic as people search for it though. ;)

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 15:55 
Hard Justice

I'm not even a fan of the news or live video page; it's just as easy to go to my bookmarked pages as it is to see them pasted here.

I think if there is a blogs page, it needs to be OOAK blogs. Original OOAK-native content all the way instead of simply ripping from external sites, like the news/video.

I.e. - It's just as fast going directly to itTV to watch their videos, and it just seems a bit strange seeing it here like it's part of OOAK. If the "Links" page is all OOAK material, then why is there a premier tab for imported stuff? External video, news, and blogs should be a footnote in the links, IMO.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 17:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks abdulmuhsee, I really appreciate the honest feedback :up: :up: :up:
abdulmuhsee wrote:
I'm not even a fan of the news or live video page; it's just as easy to go to my bookmarked pages as it is to see them pasted here.

I think if there is a blogs page, it needs to be OOAK blogs. Original OOAK-native content all the way instead of simply ripping from external sites, like the news/video.

I.e. - It's just as fast going directly to itTV to watch their videos, and it just seems a bit strange seeing it here like it's part of OOAK. If the "Links" page is all OOAK material, then why is there a premier tab for imported stuff? External video, news, and blogs should be a footnote in the links, IMO.

As far as the live video goes, I think the benefit of having it here is that there's a chat underneath, so you can actually chat about video as you're watching with other forum members. There would also be some people that don't know how to find the videos, so they can find it here, and they may be attracted to participate in the rest of the forum too, which would be great!

With the News, you're right, you can find it in other places, but I think the fact that you can see all the major sources of news summarised on one page, saves time, instead of having to go and check out all the others sites.
BTW We're not exactly 'ripping' content from those sites, as a click on any link will take you to their site, so that you can read all the content. It's actually helping and promoting these sites as well.

It would certainly be easy to make a Blogs page just for OOAK blogs, but I'm not sure if there is much benefit, as it's just about the same as going to the Blogs section, where you'll also see a list of the blogs and recent posts.

I raise these ideas just to see if there's interest... and if there isn't I won't waste my time trying to impliment it, but if it seems beneficial I'll spend some time putting it into place. So negative feedback is just as useful as positive feedback here. :up:

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 21:17 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Most blogging is not kept up unless you have thousands of random subject matter inside a blog

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms