OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 11:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I propose we make this change, as this section is really meant for memorable threads, so Hall of fame seems more appropriate, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 15:21 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Does that mean we get a hall of shame section too? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 15:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
LOL! I'm sure I can think of a few thread for that as well :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2008, 21:54 

How about something a bit more creative? I see Hall of Fame and Archives on half the forums I visit. Maybe something along the lines of, "We'll always have Paris..." :wink:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 01:38 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Zane wrote:
How about something a bit more creative? I see Hall of Fame and Archives on half the forums I visit. Maybe something along the lines of, "We'll always have Paris..." :wink:

Ah, c'mon who would think a title like that was a "Hall of Fame" section? Sounds like it belongs in a dating forum :P :lol: :lol:

No needs some more pizzazz like "The Joke was on You" or something. You see we have lots of fun in this forum as well as informative stuff. Now the informative stuff already has a place in "Too good to be forgotten". Its the funny stuff that gets buried and needs airing!

It pays to lurk for a while on a forum and see how stuff hangs together. In fact, Haggisv found a funny clip about forum ettiquette that talked about that. Its worth a look! Its buried somewhere in the General section LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: (Isn't it ironic...or was that moronic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 02:25 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

Hey Zane. I did notice on your sig something about a "Resident Ass". Are you referring to yourself?

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 05:09 

Yes. I'm known as a very harsh moderator who can kick an ass extremely well if need be. Trolls beware!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
It pays to lurk for a while on a forum and see how stuff hangs together.

Lurk before you leap! But who's do say I did not?

I think I have a good idea about how things work around here - quite well... but for the thread in question. I merely pointed out that loose moderation notwithstanding, the topic in question morally and legally should not be permitted as long as the minimum age is thirteen.

I did not delete the thread. If you have a problem with an administrative decision, I do not recommend bringing your grievance up in public - I've banned too many members in the past for bringing up private complaints in public threads. The appropriate action would be to contact (privately!) the moderator or administrator involved.

Good gravy, this went off kilter fast! That is, unless someone magically changed the thread title to "Zane Discussion!" Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 06:59 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

A harsh moderator? Kicking ass? Loose moderation? I don't know about the rest of you but I am a little offended.
The last time I check Zane, you had 11 post here. You are not a moderator nor in the admin. You are a guest in this forum. And like all guest including myself, we can be asked not to come back. Now, I'm not sure what forum you are a mod at? But we don't work like that here. We are pretty much a tight family that doesn't take well to threats. If you think you can come in here and change things , well you can't. Don't try, it won't work. All you will do is find yourself on the outside looking in. Now, if you would like to give your thoughts on things, and remember. We are pretty much all adults here. Go ahead and give it. I would love to read some of your thoughts.

MOLON LABE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 07:49 

Not trying to bud in and change things. Not trying to destroy the forum. Not saying I'm already known as a harsh moderator here. None of it! I carry my Resident Ass signature with me wherever I go because I am known on more than one forum as a harsh moderator. I am not by any means stating that I am known on this forum or on other forums on which I am not made a staff member as a harsh moderator. . I'm not trying to bud in and change things - this is my persona. I recommended one thread be removed because I did not think it was in accordance to the minimum age limit. I don't see why you should feel offended. My intention is not to hurt or to change anything.

If I am not welcome, please say so. I will leave without protest. On the other hand, I do not see what I have done wrong by stating that I am known on other forums as a harsh moderator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 12:04 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

Zane, did you go to law school? Are you in Law Enforcement? What country are you from? How do you know so much about internet law? I would like to know these things so I dont end up in jail. :roll:

MOLON LABE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 19:06 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
No offence taken Zane, and I sure none was meant, but I think it will take longer than you think to understand how this forum works. I think tact when making a point is always a good thing.

What you said, is not the issue, I think how you said it may have rubbed some members the wrong way. And in the end, we can all agree to disagree.

Its not like other forums at all, its not as large, and I don't think this forum is aiming to be the largest. But it is the best, by far! :)

And GrumpJoe is well, grumpy, and we like him that way. :P

Ok, back on topic:

Hall of Fame....is good
Did we really say that?!!??...sounds good
Once upon a time..... could be one

And yes, we can have a Hall of Shame as well, except it would be full of comments by Reb, so no one lse would have any room in there. :lol: :lol:

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 20:19 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Ranger-man wrote:
And yes, we can have a Hall of Shame as well, except it would be full of comments by Reb, so no one lse would have any room in there. :lol: :lol:

Well RM if that's the way you feel, I get to name it :P . So it will be "Reb's Infamous Comments". Hmmm, I like the sound of that, has a nice ring. And I think I will be famous!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Zane, did he leave? If not, I will be the one to ask him to as he said he would without protest. I don't think he brings out our best :roll: :twisted:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 21:10 

I will lurk for a while, and possibly leap on occasion.. Nothing more or less. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 21:23 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
You are welcome to lurk Zane, and even leap...just don't make an ass of yourself.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
(pun intended)

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com