OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 09 May 2024, 08:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 11:53 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Don't know if anyone else experience this lately. Wheneve I write a long reply, it would reach a certain limit when instead of the message keeps scrolling down so that it is easy to see what I am typing, the message would keep jumping back up after each character I type. This is very distracting and makes it really hard to type my message. You can try it by pasting a longer message and then try to continue to add to the message at the bottom.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 11:58 
I am Legend
I am Legend

No issues here.

I suspect it's your web browser.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 12:12 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I am using the same IE for a while now. I did not change any settings. Not that I know how to. It has always been ok until a week ago. At first, I thought might be an update glitch but now, it is like this. You have to make a very long post such that it at least need to scroll down the message box for this to occur.

Anyway, will check to see if there is any such setting that can cause this.

Cheers.
EDIT: Silver, you are right. It is my browser. And I found out why by mistake :lol: What happens is I click on 'Tools' and then click on 'Compatibility View'. This adds OOAK to the Compatiblity View settings and somehow, that fixed the message typing problem :D :D :D The weird thing is I never changed any setting at all so don't know how it comes to be 'unticked' :shock:

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 13:29 
Super User

If you have had a recent Windows update, perhaps something in that update caused it to change?

Juic Offense Ultima 2.0mm Red

Backup:
Blade: Stiga Optimum Sync C-Pen
Globe 999 National Team 2.0mm Red
729 804-40 Super Soft Pro Ver 2.0mm Black

On its way: Haifu Blue Whale II (Black Sponge) Red Label Factory Tuned

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 13:36 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Actually, I had an update about 2 days ago. AND I was hoping the update would fix the problem but it did not. In other words, with the previous version, it suddenly caused the problem out of the blue for about 2 weeks and I thought I will be patient thinking it might be due to the recent site upgrade. And then after my IE upgrade, and the problem persists, I decided to put the problem up for 'sale' :P And with Silver's suggestion, I thought I check through the options and accidentally click on that compatibility thingy and I noticed a flicker/quick refresh of the OOAK page. So I thought, it did something there and quickly try to type a really long post. Was certainly glad to find that it worked :D

Cheers.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 13:41 
I am Legend
I am Legend

convert to firefox :P

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 13:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Silver wrote:
convert to firefox :P

I agree! It's faster but also safer, as most nasties out there(viruses, adware, etc) target IE.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 14:08 
Super User

Yes - Firefox rocks! :D

Juic Offense Ultima 2.0mm Red

Backup:
Blade: Stiga Optimum Sync C-Pen
Globe 999 National Team 2.0mm Red
729 804-40 Super Soft Pro Ver 2.0mm Black

On its way: Haifu Blue Whale II (Black Sponge) Red Label Factory Tuned

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 14:22 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I live by IE and I will die by IE :P :lol: :lol:

Cheers.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 16:29 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
fattchoi wrote:
I live by IE and I will die by IE :P :lol: :lol:

Cheers.

It's a pity you can't catch a version of the EJ virus for "browsers" fattchoi.

Firefox really is excellent and you can customise it with add ons to suit your own browsing requirements.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 21:56 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I call it the RTC factor - Resistance To Change

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 10:02 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Sorry, should call it, 'Cannot Change' :lol: Reason is simply that this is not my laptop. It belongs to SWMBO :P Mine gave up the ghost a while ago. Still looking for something basic but not urgent so sort of ended up spending on more important things like blade, rubbers, shoes, etc. I am sure I got my priority right :P :D

Cheers.

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 18:50 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi there...

I Have used Firefox and Thunderbird (the Mail Client) for some years now...well since version 1.9 approx and I really appreciate all of the versatility and mods that are offered...some sites do have a little trouble, and for some strange reason one of those sites is Eacheng...it wont allow the countries show up in the processing area...
One major advantage is re Firefox is that every now and then I got to Application Data on C drive, and then find the folder called Mozilla and copy it to a USB memory stick or some method of storing data such as a rewritable or ordinary DVD...If you copy the Mozilla file it contains every piece of information needed to make your Firefox run exactly as it did on another drive...so its easy to copy Firefox data from drive to drive if needed...

Also its dead easy to copy the email client Thunderbird folder in the same manner...that folder contains all emails and settings that are currently running the Thunderbird Email Client...in that way it is comforting to know all is saved should there be a drive disaster...

Hmmm,...lol...another essay...lol

fosss

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 00:39 
The Artist
The Artist

fosssil wrote:
SNIP...some sites do have a little trouble, and for some strange reason one of those sites is Eacheng...it wont allow the countries show up in the processing area...SNIP

Some sites are coded with FrontPage (an abomination you will burn in hell for according to the Bible ;) or are using IE specific, non-standard codes. Standard compliant browsers always have problems with those sites.

To be fair to Eacheng.net they clearly state on the site that it only works properly with IE (not a valid excuse, IMHO, but nonetheless it is helpful to know). Personally I use the Firefox add-on IE view for those sites. It is a handy little add-on which lets you switch to IE for that particular page by the click of a button in the FF tool bar or by right-clicking the link and choosing "Open link target in IE". You can find IE View here

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 09:12 
A Beautiful Brain

Yes B,

I did notice the Moving Banner of information saying to use IE...so it's ok in my book...but the Warning should be more prominent because some folks might miss the advice...

There is an add on to convert the Web page to IE that has a Navigation Bar BUTTON, which I am sure you know about...I also find that adding Zoom buttons to the Naviagigation bar is another worthwhile exercise...I also use TuneUP Utilities to reduce the minimum size of the Tabs and I have 20 or so favourite pages the open when Firefox starts...its not cluttered or slow...and the fav web pages are at my finger tips...

OOAK uses 4 Tabs...ie Forum, Shop Pips Website and the Review website...

I also use the Google search bar to highlight and search words on web pages, and that saves looking for words such as Transcend (or anything) Just look for a highlighted word..the other thing I have found great is GRAB HAND that allows you to GRAB anywhere on the page and pull up and down through heaps of posts instead of using the standard moving bar on the RH side...The Grab Hand can be set to accelerate so that Grabbing the Page and moving the hand down one page depth will move through heaps of posts...There is also an addon to convert the current web page to a PDF file which is great for sending via email and also printing for later on...

ANOTHER GREAT ADDON is the one called download helper that integrates with the Firefox downloader and allows the downloading of all flv files except one or two sites such as Veoh and maybe Photobucket...It's the easiest way to download You Tube and Google, and if you plan on watching the Video, you may as well download it (same data amount for your download allowance from your provider.

Then you can watch it time and time again if you wish and watch it in a good player that allows frame advance or slow motion and also adjust all the settings such as shape of figures TT Players, contrast Brightness, Hue and Saturation, and great player is Media Player Classic Home Cinema Version and the ordinary version is OK as well and both are free...Some other players are Jet Audio by Cowan which plays Video as well and is easy to use... also VLC player and GOM player is great as well and good for watching Movies etc...

Just a little bit of info that might be of interest to one or two folks...thanks for reading what has turned into another Essay...lol...but there might be some info there that someone can use.

fosss

===================================

brabhamista wrote:
fosssil wrote:

To be fair to Eacheng.net they clearly state on the site that it only works properly with IE (not a valid excuse, IMHO, but nonetheless it is helpful to know). Personally I use the Firefox add-on IE view for those sites. It is a handy little add-on which lets you switch to IE for that particular page by the click of a button in the FF tool bar or by right-clicking the link and choosing "Open link target in IE". You can find IE View here

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX