OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 01:24 

I would appreciate some help as I am no nearer deciding on a 'suitable' rubber since spending the last two days looking at all the information on the short pips forum. I appreciate there is no one ideal rubber and it does depend on the player so if I could just tell you how I play. Close to the table. backhand Tenergy 25 on a Andro all+ carbon light super core system blade. Forehand has always been my weak point despite endless hours practice and coaching. I'm looking to flat hit any pushed/chopped balls and to be able to block well any looped balls (this I do reasonably well). I never loop. I can get into a pushing rally on the forehand but would like to attack the pushed /chop ball more. I have tried the Dr N Diamant 1.8 and have enjoyed playing with it as it did cause the less experienced player trouble -putting a hit ball into the net. Is there any sp rubber that gives a disruptive effect whilst helping with the flat hit attacks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 05:12 
Super User

Try Friendship 802 (2mm) Black or 802-40 (2mm) Black.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 07:47 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
You might like Galaxy Pluto.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 03:32 

Thanks for the advice. Whats the difference between the red & black ?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 18:21 

MartinC wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Whats the difference between the red & black ?

I would say that black color is more spinny.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 22:29 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
MartinC wrote:
I would appreciate some help as I am no nearer deciding on a 'suitable' rubber since spending the last two days looking at all the information on the short pips forum. I appreciate there is no one ideal rubber and it does depend on the player so if I could just tell you how I play. Close to the table. backhand Tenergy 25 on a Andro all+ carbon light super core system blade. Forehand has always been my weak point despite endless hours practice and coaching. I'm looking to flat hit any pushed/chopped balls and to be able to block well any looped balls (this I do reasonably well). I never loop. I can get into a pushing rally on the forehand but would like to attack the pushed /chop ball more. I have tried the Dr N Diamant 1.8 and have enjoyed playing with it as it did cause the less experienced player trouble -putting a hit ball into the net. Is there any sp rubber that gives a disruptive effect whilst helping with the flat hit attacks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dr Neubauer Leopard 1.5 mm is very effective for blocking topspin and flat hitting.The ball wobbles and falls,so your opponent mostly send the ball to the net.It is a great hitting rubber

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 01:03 

The Leopard 1.5mm appears to be an interesting rubber. How does it compare or what are the differentials to the Diamant. I have come to the conclusion that I dont need a spinny rubber as I serve with the Tenergy 25 B/H and as I dont loop and looking to block and flat hit I dont need a spinny rubber. Also am I right in saying that the more spinny the rubber the more difficult negating on coming spin, particularly in coming serves would be! I keep going back to the Diamant for its disruptive capabilities and am now considering the 1.5 version. I am very temted though to try the Leopard. Any views?

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 02:19 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

All of Dr. Neubauer's SPs are good, but you should try the Friendship 799 and 802, Galaxy Pluto and Donic Twister.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 02:32 

Thanks. I have tried the friendship but didnt think it was anything special certainly not as difficult for my opponent as the diamant and I have better control with the diamant, I know that probably goes against other reviews but I put a lot of flat hits into the net whereas with the diamant I can hit even against a chopped ball . Interested in knowing more about Twister and Pluto and there for's and against's

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 03:53 

I have had a few hours practicing with a team mate and used Pistol (black) 2mm and found it to be very fast but against chop and tight pushes I didnt have good control. My pushes just popped up and blocking was inconsistant with little disturbing effects. Also tried the Friendship 802-40 again and it just didnt do anything exciting may as well play with inverted. I then tried Diamant 1.2mm black (normally I use 1.8mm) and wow brilliant blocking and flat hits great control with little compromise in the speed. My team mate found this the most difficult rubber to play against. Still interested in trying out Twister and Pluto but would like some feedback on these rubbers before I purchase.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 08:59 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I really like the Pluto 1.3. Blocks are disruptive as they go back as sort of a knuckleball. Also easy to attack underspin. Not so good on the backhand but I love it on the forehand.

For the Donic Twister, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9058

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 23:22 

I have been looking into the Donic Twister 40 and the marketing blurb states this is a long pimple!

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 23:30 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

MartinC wrote:
I have been looking into the Donic Twister 40 and the marketing blurb states this is a long pimple!

Medium pimple, as is Dr. Neubauer Diamant. Medium pimples give you the most disruption while maintaining SP attributes.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 23:39 

Has anyone tried short/medium pips on a balsa blade (Dr Neubauer bulldozer)?

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 01:42 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

MartinC wrote:
Has anyone tried short/medium pips on a balsa blade (Dr Neubauer bulldozer)?

Butterfly Flarestorm works well on FH of the Bulldozer

| My OOAK Interview