OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 May 2023, 04:08 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Yinhe Uranus Pro Medium 2.15 comes with blue sponge so it more natural to use it with black topsheet.
Friendship 729 Legend 802 SP 2.1 has red sponge and I test it in red topsheet version.
Both rubbers seems to be the latest products in the same niche of modern fast short pips.

I decided to test Uranus and 802 scrupulously on both sides of the DHS 301Z blade at the same time. This blade is a typical kind of modern offensive composite blades.

Observable differences:
1) Uranus and 802 have topsheet of similar hardness. Both are conic shaped and of of similar size. Uranus is glossy. 802's topsheet seems being modern and higher quality because tiny pimples on top of the pips are better quality.
2) 802 has traditional very elastic sponge. It is impossible to tear even the thinnest piece with my hands. Uranus has modern style of sponge blend, less elastic and more fragile on distortion. 802 sponge is a equal or a bit harder. Both sponges have tiny pores, Uranus ones marginally larger.
3) 802 has small traditional dome reaction on rubber cement glue. Yinhe rubbers come with own glue level attached that I always use. I am almost sure that Uranus sponge is factory tuned.
4) I cut my rubbers grossly oversized as I plan to change the blade for my regular play. Glued Uranus is 49g, 802 is 43g. When cut normally at normal blade shape both should weight several grams less.

Playing properties (mainly for BH):
1) Speed in intermediate rallies is similar. Uranus has much less dwell, a bit lower throw and thus less spin sensitive. I am not sure that 802 is more spiny but surely not less.
2) Uranus is faster in counter attacking and smash game as it has much stronger catapult at medium-high and high power level. Uranus feels and controlled better during strong counter shots rallies.
3) 802 is good for chopping and chop-blocking. Uranus is not. 802 has much better control and feel in low and medium power level.
4) During blocks Uranus has interesting effect throwing straight forward then sharp diving down to the table. 802 has predictable downward curve.
5) 802 has more disruptive sink effect. Both are not very disruptive.
6) Uranus is easier in attack opening. Not sure exactly why.

Resume:
Yinhe Uranus Pro Medium is offensive weapon for aggressive style. Uranus Pro Soft is even more aggressive and more difficult in passive game.
Friendship Legend 802 SP is better for allround and even defensive strategy. I did not like 802 at my FH at all.
I think Uranus Pro has better sponge and 802 SP has better topsheet.

While Uranus sounds more interesting, but I will use 802 at my BH on a fast blade for a while.

Last edited by Omut on 25 May 2023, 04:26, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 25 May 2023, 04:23 
Super User

I updated the post above.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2023, 13:24 
Super User

Omut wrote:
Yinhe Uranus Pro Medium 2.15 comes with blue sponge so it more natural to use it with black topsheet.
Friendship 729 Legend 802 SP 2.1 has red sponge and I test it in red topsheet version.
Both rubbers seems to be the latest products in the same niche of modern fast short pips.

I decided to test Uranus and 802 scrupulously on both sides of the DHS 301Z blade at the same time. This blade is a typical kind of modern offensive composite blades.

Observable differences:
1) Uranus and 802 have topsheet of similar hardness. Both are conic shaped and of of similar size. Uranus is glossy. 802's topsheet seems being modern and higher quality because tiny pimples on top of the pips are better quality.
2) 802 has traditional very elastic sponge. It is impossible to tear even the thinnest piece with my hands. Uranus has modern style of sponge blend, less elastic and more fragile on distortion. 802 sponge is a equal or a bit harder. Both sponges have tiny pores, Uranus ones marginally larger.
3) 802 has small traditional dome reaction on rubber cement glue. Yinhe rubbers come with own glue level attached that I always use. I am almost sure that Uranus sponge is factory tuned.
4) I cut my rubbers grossly oversized as I plan to change the blade for my regular play. Glued Uranus is 49g, 802 is 43g. When cut normally at normal blade shape both should weight several grams less.

Playing properties (mainly for BH):
1) Speed in intermediate rallies is similar. Uranus has much less dwell, a bit lower throw and thus less spin sensitive. I am not sure that 802 is more spiny but surely not less.
2) Uranus is faster in counter attacking and smash game as it has much stronger catapult at medium-high and high power level. Uranus feels and controlled better during strong counter shots rallies.
3) 802 is good for chopping and chop-blocking. Uranus is not. 802 has much better control and feel in low and medium power level.
4) During blocks Uranus has interesting effect throwing straight forward then sharp diving down to the table. 802 has predictable downward curve.
5) 802 has more disruptive sink effect. Both are not very disruptive.
6) Uranus is easier in attack opening. Not sure exactly why.

Resume:
Yinhe Uranus Pro Medium is offensive weapon for aggressive style. Uranus Pro Soft is even more aggressive and more difficult in passive game.
Friendship Legend 802 SP is better for allround and even defensive strategy. I did not like 802 at my FH at all.
I think Uranus Pro has better sponge and 802 SP has better topsheet.

While Uranus sounds more interesting, but I will use 802 at my BH on a fast blade for a while.

Last time I asked for uranus pro soft they sent me medium..where do you get soft version?

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2023, 08:42 
Super User

bbkon wrote:
Last time I asked for uranus pro soft they sent me medium..where do you get soft version?
I ordered soft once and second time medium hardness from Aliexpress. The difference is only one letter (S) or (M) on the sponge and on the package.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2023, 06:54 
Super User

Legend 802 has much more control because of luck of catapult but I discovered again that control does not win games for me. Switched to Uranus Pro Medium as I think it is more effective against stronger opponents where aggression pays off.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2023, 14:23 

Blade: Yinhe Mercury Y-13
FH: Yinhe Mercury2 Soft red
BH: Yinhe Mars2 Medium black
Nice information about these short pips, thank you. I am interested in Yinhe Uranus Pro for my forehand. What version (soft or medium) is better for the forehand side?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2023, 00:08 
Super User

Omut wrote:
Legend 802 has much more control because of luck of catapult but I discovered again that control does not win games for me. Switched to Uranus Pro Medium as I think it is more effective against stronger opponents where aggression pays off.

How is that better smashes? I have 2 mid hard uranus that feel slow I asked soft 2 times and sent me mid hard.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2023, 00:09 
Super User

Omut wrote:
bbkon wrote:
I ordered soft once and second time medium hardness from Aliexpress. The difference is only one letter (S) or (M) on the sponge and on the package.

Any trusty seller on aliexpress?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2023, 02:11 
Super User

I am a flat hitter but I cannot successfully play Chinese (and SpinLord) SP on FH and on BH. Some more expensive SP may be better but I decided to limit my budget for EJ. In my region Der Materialspezialist Firestorm is very popular on FH among combination SP+LP players. I suggest it but personally have not ever tried myself.

I did not found any advantages of classic SP on FH while counter-hitting and blocking over tensors with hard topsheet (Palio AK47 Red, Tibhar Evolution MX-S).

SP did not work on BH for me because this is very physically demanding style (you need to be in position in time and always make active return). And BH passive play with tame inverted is better then SP even for me who is very bad (relatively to the overall playing level) at creating own spin and reacting to incoming spin. MP rubber is my BH choice because it can play either passive, slow and short like LP and MP can open attack and finish point with decent power like SP.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2023, 06:00 
Super User

Omut wrote:
I am a flat hitter but I cannot successfully play Chinese (and SpinLord) SP on FH and on BH. Some more expensive SP may be better but I decided to limit my budget for EJ. In my region Der Materialspezialist Firestorm is very popular on FH among combination SP+LP players. I suggest it but personally have not ever tried myself.

I did not found any advantages of classic SP on FH while counter-hitting and blocking over tensors with hard topsheet (Palio AK47 Red, Tibhar Evolution MX-S).

SP did not work on BH for me because this is very physically demanding style (you need to be in position in time and always make active return). And BH passive play with tame inverted is better then SP even for me who is very bad (relatively to the overall playing level) at creating own spin and reacting to incoming spin. MP rubber is my BH choice because it can play either passive, slow and short like LP and MP can open attack and finish point with decent power like SP.

Do you know if green firestorm makes weird balls like firestorm soft?