OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 17:34 

It is about a week I am unable to open http://pipfacts.info

Is it down or its content have been relocated somewhere else?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011, 10:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for reminding me!

I've moved it to another server, but have not yet managed to get it working.

Good to see there is still some interested in this site!

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 14:45 

The articles on this site were influential as well as educative for me to start playing with two winged fast attack style with pips. Earlier I used to play close to the table control blocks with seemlier grip with inverted rubber.

My technique and footwork has improved but I have not yet as consistence as with my earlier setup. On an average I have not moved up or down much in win/loss ratio. Now I am winning more against experienced older players than earlier. With this lot, I am able to penetrate their defense much better and am able to kill higher balls effectively. I am winning less against young kids who are quick and generally dont make many mistakes in counter drives. I was able to displace these kids earlier with accurate and deceptive blocking which I am not able to do now with short pips.

Besides, recently I watched Videos of He Zhi Wen. There was one against Timo Boll. And I was awe struck by his style. So I was again looking for the pipfacts.info side to understand single sided pips out attack style. It is when I thought that I should post it in this forum so that someone would know about it and fix it ASAP.

Also, do you think trying one sided pips out style can combine strengths of both these styles ( accurate deceptive blocking and effective kill ). Are there blocking techniques with shakehand grip which are as effective as seemlier or penhold grip?

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 15:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The site has a lot of potential... but unfortunately we don't have enough volunteers to finish of some of the article. I'm having some trouble getting it to work again... It was done in Joomla, and unfortuately I know very little about it...

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 21:32 

I tried joomla demo on cloudaccess.net. They have some demos on how to use Joomla as your CMS.

http://www.cloudaccess.net/free-joomla- ... -tutorials
Demo Videos are about how to use joomla ( assuming it is installed and configured properly ) and they seem pretty simple.

They have what they call as backend thing. you can get login page for backend by appending 'administrator/' to the main Joomla site.

However when I try to go to http://pipfacts.info/administrtor/, it gives following error.

This site is temporarily unavailable.
Please notify the System Administrator
Could not connect to the database server

Looks like Joomla is not installed/configured properly.

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2011, 22:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It should be back up shortly... I've put it back onto the original server.

I thin I might have to change the site over into a wordpress site, as Joomla is a pain to use...

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011, 19:05 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

This site is finally back up.... I had some trouble restoring it after I changed servers.

As some of you know, this was a forum initiative to compile all the pips /anti information into one site, to be used as a great resource for everyone.
Unfortunately, even though it already has a lot of good information, it is not yet completed.

I don't have the time to try and complete it by myself, so I'm not sure how much value there is in keeping it, especially if no more work is done on it.

There has been suggestions that it could be integrated within this forum as extra forum pages, but this would still require a fair bit of effort, and the site would still be incomplete.

It could also be transformed into a more interactive site, so that anyone can add comments or reviews to the site, but this would also require quite a bit of effort and time.

Let me know if you think it's still useful as it is, or if you have any suggestions on how we can we proceed with this projects...

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 13:52 

I realize that I'm replying (my first OOAK posting ever) well after the conversation paused, but I have to add that I've found the pipfacts website very helpful. I've committed myself to play short pips for 2013. I'm very curious about the possibilities. I just want express my gratitude to those who made the site possible.

If there is interest in migrating the site to Wordpress, so that there can be conversations integrated with the site, I do have time this summer to collaborate on such a project. I've set up a couple basic Wordpress blogs and would appreciate the chance to support the conversation about short pips play.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 15:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks Jwpdx, and welcome to the forum!

There were quite a few people from here that contributed to the project, but eventually the enthusiams wore off, so the project was left unfinished :( :( :( A shame, because as you mentioned, there is already a lot of good information there!

Moving it to a wordpress site is a very good idea...and if you'd be willing to help, that would be great! Perhaps your help can renew the interest in the project!

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 23:41 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I too am entirely happy to help with a move to WordPress haggis, and have a lot of experience. I've also got dedicated server space available in France if that's needed.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2013, 01:43 

Hello haggisv and dunc,
Shall we have a conversation about what the WordPress site or blog would achieve and include. The texts on SP on pipfacts.com have been really important for me, like a short pips bible. I downloaded them as PDF files and printed them out. I even carry them around with me in my bag.
A site that supports pips players, inspires them and creates community through interaction (commenting, discussing, sharing) would likely help anyone who plays pips or is contemplating a switch. In a mainly inverted world, there can be a bit of solitude to playing pips.
Here's a short brainstorming list of topics/areas for a site:
1) the original articles
2) shakehand pips
3) penhold pips
4) technique
5) training
6) videos of pips players
7) equipment and reviews
8) history of pips and this project

Are we talking about all pips?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2013, 08:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes that sounds really good! We had included anti in that list of topics as well, as anti-spin information is very hard to come by too.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2013, 15:25 

Thanks for cluing me in on the original breadth of the initiative. was there a specific discussion on the forum where the information was consolidated?
My time frees up quite a bit after June 20. Perhaps we can gather potential content and decide on rolls folks want to play in this project.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2013, 19:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Jwpdx wrote:
Thanks for cluing me in on the original breadth of the initiative. was there a specific discussion on the forum where the information was consolidated?
My time frees up quite a bit after June 20. Perhaps we can gather potential content and decide on rolls folks want to play in this project.

Yes there was lots of discussion... but I failed to find it after some searching... :( :( :(