OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 18:22


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hexer+ Pips
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012, 00:07 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2009, 02:23
Posts: 133
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times
bbkon wrote:
Speed type is supposed to be vertical alignation (0 deg). For Hexer pips, it is a spin and control type SP based on its pips size and distance between the pips. Even vertical alighation is choosen, spin is strong and control is good. :)


what abouT HP+ 90 and HP 0, what would be the set up for max spin/control?[/quote]
The max spin and control of HP 0 is better than that of HP+90. the key element is the pips size and shape of the HP no matter 0 or 90. :)


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

 Post subject: Re: Hexer+ Pips
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2012, 04:21 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 607
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Johnny1996 wrote:
bbkon wrote:
Speed type is supposed to be vertical alignation (0 deg). For Hexer pips, it is a spin and control type SP based on its pips size and distance between the pips. Even vertical alighation is choosen, spin is strong and control is good. :)


what abouT HP+ 90 and HP 0, what would be the set up for max spin/control?

The max spin and control of HP 0 is better than that of HP+90. the key element is the pips size and shape of the HP no matter 0 or 90. :)[/quote]

what would be the equivalent for a 802?? HP (0deg) ??horizontal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hexer+ Pips
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2012, 18:34 
Offline
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2007, 21:37
Posts: 1155
Location: The Land Down Under
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
The 3 Hexer pips apparently use the same topsheet, with only the sponge hardness changing (+ is the middle one).

_________________
Custom Re-Impact OFF
Hexer HD 1.9
Hexer Pips 1.9

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hexer+ Pips
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2015, 01:49 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 607
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Shoebox9 wrote:
The 3 Hexer pips apparently use the same topsheet, with only the sponge hardness changing (+ is the middle one).


I. Wonder if hp+ is like blowfish+ with better linearity blow2 is unstable. How is hp+ regarding knuckleballs?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hexer+ Pips
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2015, 20:01 
Offline
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2007, 21:37
Posts: 1155
Location: The Land Down Under
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
To correct my above post from 3 years ago, the Hexer pip topsheets are in fact quite different.

The sponges of both pip & pip+ are claimed to be 37.5d. I haven't tried Force, but it is the same pip arrangement as the non+ but with a harder/faster sponge.

The non + version and Force, have conical shaped pips, so they bend less on contact, creating higher spin when striking the ball at an angle (ie looping). This was the amazing new feature of TSP's Super Spin pips, which these days are super slow without speed glue. (At least for us speed freaks, more conservative players will disagree.)

The + has standard skinny pips for a more pronounced SP effect, and are more popular as a result.

I quite like both versions. With the non +, you can spin it up when you want to, and slap it flat when you don't. On the other hand, the + only creates spin when you dig the pips harder into the sponge, so it transitions from very little spin to spin creation, based on pressure (as is common with most SP). Some players don't like these sorts of transitions, others love them.

Just out of interest, the non+ is very easy to open against underspin with. It has grip when striking at an angle at low speed, and a soft sponge to help out here. It's more like inverted against slow balls than most SP. Banana flips are a dream, and attacking underspin is very easy (for SP). However, when you flat hit with it, there is no mistaking that beautiful SP pop.

For more SP pop, use the Force.

_________________
Custom Re-Impact OFF
Hexer HD 1.9
Hexer Pips 1.9

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hexer+ Pips
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2017, 05:13 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 607
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Shoebox9 wrote:
To correct my above post from 3 years ago, the Hexer pip topsheets are in fact quite different.

The sponges of both pip & pip+ are claimed to be 37.5d. I haven't tried Force, but it is the same pip arrangement as the non+ but with a harder/faster sponge.

The non + version and Force, have conical shaped pips, so they bend less on contact, creating higher spin when striking the ball at an angle (ie looping). This was the amazing new feature of TSP's Super Spin pips, which these days are super slow without speed glue. (At least for us speed freaks, more conservative players will disagree.)

The + has standard skinny pips for a more pronounced SP effect, and are more popular as a result.

I quite like both versions. With the non +, you can spin it up when you want to, and slap it flat when you don't. On the other hand, the + only creates spin when you dig the pips harder into the sponge, so it transitions from very little spin to spin creation, based on pressure (as is common with most SP). Some players don't like these sorts of transitions, others love them.

Just out of interest, the non+ is very easy to open against underspin with. It has grip when striking at an angle at low speed, and a soft sponge to help out here. It's more like inverted against slow balls than most SP. Banana flips are a dream, and attacking underspin is very easy (for SP). However, when you flat hit with it, there is no mistaking that beautiful SP pop.

For more SP pop, use the Force.


how is the knuckle effect of hp+ and control with spinny loops? is it too flat when smashing?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: