OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Hexer+ Pips
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 14:40 

I'll be interested to see the review.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 16:38 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Has anyone tried Hexer+ Pips?

They are available in 2 pip geometry's. 0 degrees and 90 degrees layout of the pips.

0 degrees is supposed to have greater control while 90 degrees has greater attack.

I'm not much a SP user, but this sounds interesting given I lover Hexer+ Inverted.

If i get his 0degrees would be horizontal alignation

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 16:47 
Super User

antiq wrote:
SOme review from a TT magazine:

There are 2 types: Hexer Pips and Hexer Pips+

Speed: Hexer Pips 0 degree > Hexer Pips+ 0 degree > Hexer Pips 90 degree> Hexer Pips+ 90 degree

Spin: HP+ 90 > HP+ 0> HP 90 > HP 0

Recommendation: For offensive player, choose HP 0. If you use a stiff blade, try HP+ 0. For control and spin game, use HP+ 90.

does it sound like old style glued pips?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 12:43 

had about a 2 hour session with it today (Hexer Pips, 0 orientation). I've been using Express Ultra the past 3 months or so, before that i've also used Moristo SP and Spectol 21 extensively.

Immediately after putting on the new rubber, it's got the hardest sponge of the 4 listed.

Speed wise i'd rank them fastest to slowest (Express Ultra>Hexer Pips=Moristo SP>Spectol 21)

HP is the spiniest when you do a slow brush loop, u can really feel the ball sink into the sponge, just like how the inverted 4th gen tensor plays. But when blocking it cancels the spin out pretty well and goes back very flat (not as flat as spectol, but much flatter compared to Express and Moristo)

I don't really know how to do a review, but feel free to ask some questions and i'll try my best to answer them.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 14:39 
Super User

dalamchops wrote:
had about a 2 hour session with it today (Hexer Pips, 0 orientation). I've been using Express Ultra the past 3 months or so, before that i've also used Moristo SP and Spectol 21 extensively.

Immediately after putting on the new rubber, it's got the hardest sponge of the 4 listed.

Speed wise i'd rank them fastest to slowest (Express Ultra>Hexer Pips=Moristo SP>Spectol 21)

HP is the spiniest when you do a slow brush loop, u can really feel the ball sink into the sponge, just like how the inverted 4th gen tensor plays. But when blocking it cancels the spin out pretty well and goes back very flat (not as flat as spectol, but much flatter compared to Express and Moristo)

I don't really know how to do a review, but feel free to ask some questions and i'll try my best to answer them.

how is the sound of HP when hitting?? cracks like old glue? is it spinny?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 19:19 

bbkon wrote:
dalamchops wrote:

It sounds just like express ultra or moristo, maybe a bit louder and a little corkier like hexer inverted. It's the spiniest of the 4 of hit correctly

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 00:37 
Super User

dalamchops wrote:
bbkon wrote:
dalamchops wrote:

It sounds just like express ultra or moristo, maybe a bit louder and a little corkier like hexer inverted. It's the spiniest of the 4 of hit correctly

how about the feel? compared to the other pips, does it feels like glued?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 10:12 

Does it give much spin on serves?
Have you used Raystorm? How would it compare?

Regards,
Jonathan

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 13:37 

Feels glued, but not as profound as express ultra/moristo since they have softer sponge.

I've never had much problems generating spin on serves w/ short pips, no problems here either

I've never tried raystorm.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 00:52 

antiq wrote:
SOme review from a TT magazine:

There are 2 types: Hexer Pips and Hexer Pips+

Speed: Hexer Pips 0 degree > Hexer Pips+ 0 degree > Hexer Pips 90 degree> Hexer Pips+ 90 degree

Spin: HP+ 90 > HP+ 0> HP 90 > HP 0

Recommendation: For offensive player, choose HP 0. If you use a stiff blade, try HP+ 0. For control and spin game, use HP+ 90.

Hexer Pips is spin and control type while Hexer Pips + is speed type due to the shape of the pips. My conclusion is as follows:

Spin: HP 90 > HP 0 > HP+ 90 > HP+ 0
Speed: HP+ 0 > HP+ 90 > HP 0 > HP 90

Remarks: 0 is vertical alignation while 90 is horizontal alignation. :oops:

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 07:35 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
I was using Dr N Leopard 1.5 but I started to play Hexer pips 3 days ago.It is soft,fast and spinny rubber and I like it very much.I haven't seen any explanation to show me which side is suitable for me,so I think I glued the aggressive game side but it is ok for me.Especially I like its speed,good smash and softness,bad side is I had difficulty to glue the rubber to the blade even with glue sheet.But now everything is ok.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 04:30 
Super User

Fadil Olguner wrote:
I was using Dr N Leopard 1.5 but I started to play Hexer pips 3 days ago.It is soft,fast and spinny rubber and I like it very much.I haven't seen any explanation to show me which side is suitable for me,so I think I glued the aggressive game side but it is ok for me.Especially I like its speed,good smash and softness,bad side is I had difficulty to glue the rubber to the blade even with glue sheet.But now everything is ok.

whic one you tried HP+? 90deg?

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 03:08 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
bbkon wrote:
Fadil Olguner wrote:

Speed type...

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 01:16 

Fadil Olguner wrote:
bbkon wrote:
Fadil Olguner wrote:

Speed type...

Speed type is supposed to be vertical alignation (0 deg). For Hexer pips, it is a spin and control type SP based on its pips size and distance between the pips. Even vertical alighation is choosen, spin is strong and control is good. :)

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 17:53 
Super User

Speed type is supposed to be vertical alignation (0 deg). For Hexer pips, it is a spin and control type SP based on its pips size and distance between the pips. Even vertical alighation is choosen, spin is strong and control is good. :)[/quote]

what abouT HP+ 90 and HP 0, what would be the set up for max spin/control?