OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 16:15 

I am interested in trying out dual SP. I would like to counter-hit as well as attacking underspin shots. My questions are;

1. What type of blade? Offensive or defensive
2. I am more inclined towards TSP Spectol (rather than 21 sponge or speed)
3. or should I consider other SP's

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 02:28 

sp on both sides?
I would go with 802-40.
blade I would get something fast but all wood.
like clipper or rosewood vii
also since pips are so light you would want a heavy blade to compensate.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 07:37 

You want a medium hard, stiff blade like a Stiga Clipper, or better yet, an Avalox P700. For pips, Spectol might be a little bit difficult to play with at first, if you're coming from inverted. 802-40, as sebas-aguirre said, might be a good choice to start (and it won't be a big deal to change it later, since it's so cheap). Regular 802 or Globe 889 could work too, although either of those would require a little more adjustment.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2012, 00:09 
Super User

If you dont opt for a spinny short pip on one side, you are not going to be able to do much with your serve. Maybe since you are thinking TSP products Spin pips on one side Spectol on the other?

Thinking out of the box, maybe one of the ergo blades like the Tenaly or the LKT Gun? This is a penholder type game you are thinking about, so why not use a penholder type set up?

Ian

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2012, 03:25 

blades:7 plies blades or non very speedy carbon blades.rubbers:fh: if you want spinny rubber 802-40 but with chinese spnge and at least 40º do not buy a 35º is a s*** (too mushy) or dhs dragonow.bh:dhs 651 or 652,802 mystery sponge or regular.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2012, 04:02 
Super User

dariowai wrote:
blades:7 plies blades or non very speedy carbon blades.rubbers:fh: if you want spinny rubber 802-40 but with chinese spnge and at least 40º do not buy a 35º is a s*** (too mushy) or dhs dragonow.bh:dhs 651 or 652,802 mystery sponge or regular.

If you want very spinny rubber you want Stiga Radcial or Joola Tango Ultra-much spinnier that 802-40-IMO.

Ian

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2012, 04:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

With a two-winged SP set-up you need less speed than you might think, since the trajectory of the ball is so direct. An ALL blade with a classic SP like regular Frienship 802 will bring the ball as fast to the other half of the table as an OFF blade with Tenergy - provided you use the correct technique and hit instead of loop. Choosing a very fast blade will make the set-up very hard to control for a beginning pips-out player. I'd advise taking an ALL+ or OFF- blade. One of the best combinations (and cheap) would be a Friendship Red Spirit blade with Friendship 802 Mystery in 1.9 mm on the backhand and 1.9 or 2.1 mm on the forehand. If you really do want a spinnier pip, 802-40 is strictly a forehand rubber IMO. A good combination of two spinnier pips would be Globe 889-2 in 2.0 mm on both sides. Globe also makes cheap and very good OFF blades in 7 ply.

Last edited by Kees on 16 Oct 2012, 03:06, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2012, 00:58 

Kees wrote:
With a two-winged SP set-up you need less speed than you might think, since the trajectory of the ball is so direct. An ALL blade with a classic SP like regular Frienship 802 will bring the ball as fast to the other half as the table as an OFF blade with Tenergy - provided you use the coreect technique and hit instead of loop. Choosing a very fast blade will make the set-up very hard to control for a beginning pips-out player. I'd advise taking an ALL+ of OFF- blade. One of the best combinations (and cheap) would be a Friendship Red Spirit blade with Friendship 802 Mystery in 1.9 mm on the backhand and 1.9 or 2.1 mm on the forehand. If you really do want a spinnier pip, 802-40 is strictly a forehand rubber IMO. A good combination of two spinnier pips would be Globe 889-2 in 2.0 mm on both sides. Globe also makes cheap and very good OFF blades in 7 ply.

its true, many sp players, uses stiff wood blade between off- and off blades. i can recommend butterfly primorac off-, u have a lot of control and good speed , with a 802-40 2,1 mm, or an off blade like avalox p700, o clipper with 802-40, spectol tsp superspinpips 1,9- 2,1 if u like to smash, personally i like the p700 and if u want some extra offense style try dhs pf4 blade (just 30 us) but its heavy and stiffer.

i think that rosewood VII its too fast, should try the V version...i tested tsp spectol, and andro blowfish+ in a carbon blade like ebenholz V, bty grubba carbon (all +), joola zolli light all+, and its a good combo if u like to speed glue ur sp try donic waldner dicon u will have a beatifull sound and best control due to the wood layers and senso.

anyway u have a lot of options... but i think the best its combine all+ and off- with trick pimple sponge, or off to off+ with thinner sponge.