OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Andro Blowfish on Tachi
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012, 07:17 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
After playing with Dr.Neubauer Leopard 1.5 on Bulldozer blade for years because Doctor stopped producing Bulldozer blade I began to play with Tachi and also I have changed my forehand rubber with Andro Blowfish.Now my forehand smashes are excellent ,also I can loop and chop much better.My agressive blocking are more effective now.Also a lot of wobble.I advise everyone who use short pip on their forehand side ,especially those who like smashing.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 18:25 

Fadil Olguner wrote:
After playing with Dr.Neubauer Leopard 1.5 on Bulldozer blade for years because Doctor stopped producing Bulldozer blade I began to play with Tachi and also I have changed my forehand rubber with Andro Blowfish.Now my forehand smashes are excellent ,also I can loop and chop much better.My agressive blocking are more effective now.Also a lot of wobble.I advise everyone who use short pip on their forehand side ,especially those who like smashing.

How thick sponge do you use on your Andro Blowfish?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 08:30 
Super User

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 05:58 

Fadil Olguner wrote:

Hi Fadil,
Some weeks ago I started to read about short pips. I like to hit and smash therefore I bought an Andro Blowfish and a Friendship 802-40 with max sponge. I made a very short test trial with them because of We are going to start league mathces and I did not dare to spend more time practice of short pips.
So, I have never been playing with short pips thus It worked surprisingly for me.
The harder I hit the ball, the faster it goes down. My opponent did not know short pips effect and hit the ball into the net sequentially at hits.
I could hit both of them. Andro is slightly slower than 802-40, but the serving seemed more disruption with Andro. I enjoyed the hits with 802-40 also.

If we will have a little bit longer break among the tournaments I would like to practice with short pips in any case.

Did you try Tibhar speedy soft DtecS? I wonder how confusing and how fast?
Thanks
pal

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 16:49 
Super User

Tibhar speedy soft DtecS is unpredictable like Tibhar DTechs Long pips. A ball hit with TSSDtechs will rarely come back. It is fairly fast as the name suggests.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 16:58 

GR wrote:
Tibhar speedy soft DtecS is unpredictable like Tibhar DTechs Long pips. A ball hit with TSSDtechs will rarely come back. It is fairly fast as the name suggests.

Thanks GR, perhaps it would deserve a try.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2012, 08:50 
Super User

pal wrote:
Fadil Olguner wrote:

Hi Fadil,
Some weeks ago I started to read about short pips. I like to hit and smash therefore I bought an Andro Blowfish and a Friendship 802-40 with max sponge. I made a very short test trial with them because of We are going to start league mathces and I did not dare to spend more time practice of short pips.
So, I have never been playing with short pips thus It worked surprisingly for me.
The harder I hit the ball, the faster it goes down. My opponent did not know short pips effect and hit the ball into the net sequentially at hits.
I could hit both of them. Andro is slightly slower than 802-40, but the serving seemed more disruption with Andro. I enjoyed the hits with 802-40 also.

If we will have a little bit longer break among the tournaments I would like to practice with short pips in any case.

Did you try Tibhar speedy soft DtecS? I wonder how confusing and how fast?
Thanks
pal

Hi Pal,
The big difference between Blowfish and 802-40 is;Blowfish is unpretictable,not have much friction and also low ball effect .802-40 has friction and I can say that more than some inverted rubbers,is not unpredictable and it is much easier to get used to it.Both rubbers are good.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 04:50 

[/quote]
Hi Pal,
The big difference between Blowfish and 802-40 is;Blowfish is unpretictable,not have much friction and also low ball effect .802-40 has friction and I can say that more than some inverted rubbers,is not unpredictable and it is much easier to get used to it.Both rubbers are good.[/quote]
Thanks Fadil. Have you ever tried Tibhar Speedy Soft DtecS?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 05:18 
Super User

pal wrote:

Hi Pal,
The big difference between Blowfish and 802-40 is;Blowfish is unpretictable,not have much friction and also low ball effect .802-40 has friction and I can say that more than some inverted rubbers,is not unpredictable and it is much easier to get used to it.Both rubbers are good.[/quote]
Thanks Fadil. Have you ever tried Tibhar Speedy Soft DtecS?[/quote]
Sorry no,Pal but I think I have to.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 02:52 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

I'm using blowfish plus max and loving it. More control on the block than Ultra Express, not noticing a lot of disruption, but like it a lot. Less spin than the Ultra, I'd guess slightly softer sponge too

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 03:01 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Fadil Olguner wrote:

Did you try Dr. Neubauer Leopard 1.5 on the Tachi? If so, what did you think?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012, 07:25 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Fadil Olguner wrote:

Did you try Dr. Neubauer Leopard 1.5 on the Tachi? If so, what did you think?

No but I am sure it will be good on it and more disturbing effect.I Play with Blowfish because of its speed.Blowfish is faster than Leopard 1.5.I also sometimes think to try.I will try it and write here.Thanks

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 00:02 

I played with 802-40 35 degree special for a few years when I began playing table tennis. I believe it to be the best all around SP especially its speed and blocking capabilities. Just recently I started playing with the Blowfish and Blowfish +. I like the Blowfish + (I think the only difference is the pips being vertically aligned with the plus). I concur that the Blow fish is faster than the 802-40; also great with blocks. Not sure yet if it is so much more unpredictable as I probably have less than 30 hours hitting with the Blowfish on numerous blades. To date, the Blowfish + on re impact Perfect 3 has been the most controllable. Hope to see some more feedback on the Blowfish+.

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 08:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
gdogg1 wrote:
To date, the Blowfish + on re impact Perfect 3 has been the most controllable. Hope to see some more feedback on the Blowfish+.

Perfect 3? Is that a Swift 3 perhaps?

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2013, 08:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Very interesting discussion guys!

AND good to hear from you Fadil as usual!

I love SP for many reasons and it's great to hear about rubbers and how to use them!