OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Review: Neubauer Pistol
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2013, 21:03 
Super User

Review: 1.0mm black Pistol on Tibhar Texo (all around) and Nittaku Fast Arc FH.

Me: 2000 USTTA modern defender, who also frequently attacks w/ BH. Testing partner was Korean pro, about 2600 USTTA. Practiced for one hour and played one match.

Looks: Rubber doesn't seem especially high quality. Looks no different than cheap Chinese one. Pips are medium-long, longer than normal short pips. Tops are lightly textured. Pips are stiff. Sponge is very foamy and soft. Comes with a glue sheet (!) which I liked a lot.

Block: Chop blocks are possible with medium spin reversal. Standard counter/block also works well. Bottoming out doesn't seem to create problems. Blocks have good control.

Counter: Excellent. I can hit all day with this. I have REAL problems hitting with 563 or other medium pips. No problem generating topspin.

Chop: Great. I was able to chop back my opponents loops many times. I've chopped with Spectol and Nittaku Express. I found this one comparable with spectol in chopping. Spin wasn't that much. When I looped my opponents chops with my blade, I could lift the backspin pretty easily. It seemed to me he could loop all day and not break a sweat. IOW, these aren't fantastically spinny. They have good control though. And Chopping was slow.

Disturbing factor: Seemed disturbing to me. Even pushing created some strange balls, but I'm not really caring that much about this, and I can't speak too well for this factor.

Overall: I like this rubber a lot. I usually use LPs, but with this I have many more options. Serve returns could be countered/driven or chopped. I can stay at the table and block with this rubber or run back and play a defensive game. Very versatile. It is pretty fast for hitting (like advertised) and yet it was slow chopping, or at least it seemed so to me!

I can't say for sure how it compares with respect to spin on chops with other SPs. I've only chopped with Spectol, Express, and Raystorm, the latter being the spinniest.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2014, 00:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks josesiem, good review! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2014, 10:18 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
one should also mention that the pistol is a feather light rubber due to the sponge. one thing i didnt like about it back in the days when i played with it, was that it looses grip with time rather quickly and the loss in friction had a negative effect on the control.