OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 16:53


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014, 00:01 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 23:31
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Hello,

last week I ordered a new Friendship 799.
Compared with older versions of this rubber, the structure of the pimples has obviosly changed:
In the old version there are 37 pimples in 10 cm, in the new version only 31.
The new pimples have a greater diameter and a greater distance from one pimple to the next.
I expirienced a different behaviour of the rubber. Due to changes also in thickness of the sponge (1,5mm to 1,8mm) I´m not sure which differences in behaviour are caused from the new structure of the pimples. I think the changes are greater as if caused from the greater thickness of the sponge alone.

My dealer (ttdd.de) told me, that all of their 799 rubbers have changed.

Does someone have any experiences with the "new" 799?

Greetings Claus


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014, 06:58 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31883
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1610 times
Been thanked: 1091 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Wow, that's quite a dramatic change! :o
I'm sure that technically Friendship are not allowed to do this, as only one version carries the ITTF approval. I wonder if it's simply mistake, where perhaps they've outsourced to a different factory, who have stuffed up the mold design...

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014, 19:08 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2008, 06:47
Posts: 782
Location: Vienna
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 103 times
Blade: MSP Revolution
FH: RITC Friendship 802 2.2
BH: MSP Diabolic 1.6
maybe order from a different retailer to see whether this is a manufacturing trend

_________________
Blade: Der-Materialspezialist Revolution Forehand RITC Friendship 802 2.2 Backhand Der-Materialspezialist Reflection 0.9


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2014, 22:12 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 23:31
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times
AA wrote:
maybe order from a different retailer to see whether this is a manufacturing trend


I ordered from www.eacheng.net/ recently. The rubber has the same (new) structure.

Now I´m looking for an other rubber with the same (or nearly the same) characteristics as the old 799
(ox or with RMS sponge).

Any suggestions?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2014, 23:32 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2010, 13:39
Posts: 1363
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 63 times
I just opened my 2 packages of 799 I bought from http://www.zeropong.com, I bought them in October 2013. Both the red and the black have 37 pips per 10 cm for sure.

Here is a picture of it.


Attachments:
799-37.jpg
799-37.jpg [ 38.43 KiB | Viewed 1927 times ]

_________________
My paddle has a weird shape, looks like the one in my avatar image.

Blade: KTL Instinct+

Rubbers: BH Friendship 802-1 Short Pips 1.0mm
FH Gambler Reflectoid 1.5mm inverted
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2014, 02:03 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2012, 22:24
Posts: 372
Location: Lincoln, NE (USA)
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 29 times
glennholder wrote:
I just opened my 2 packages of 799 I bought from http://www.zeropong.com, I bought them in October 2013. Both the red and the black have 37 pips per 10 cm for sure.

Here is a picture of it.


Of course we don't know how long ago they bought those.

According to their website, they still have 912 units of 799 in stock.

_________________
Stiga Clipper Classic
FH - TSP Spectol Red 2.0
BH - Dawei 388D-a 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2014, 17:47 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 6583
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 796 times
Out of curiosity - has the lettering changed in size too? One wonders if these haven't somehow become "expanded" (see the "expanded long pips" thread - people soak long pips sheets in something and they get bigger).

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 May 2017, 04:16 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 586
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
ClausTrophobie wrote:
Hello,

last week I ordered a new Friendship 799.
Compared with older versions of this rubber, the structure of the pimples has obviosly changed:
In the old version there are 37 pimples in 10 cm, in the new version only 31.
The new pimples have a greater diameter and a greater distance from one pimple to the next.
I expirienced a different behaviour of the rubber. Due to changes also in thickness of the sponge (1,5mm to 1,8mm) I´m not sure which differences in behaviour are caused from the new structure of the pimples. I think the changes are greater as if caused from the greater thickness of the sponge alone.

My dealer (ttdd.de) told me, that all of their 799 rubbers have changed.

Does someone have any experiences with the "new" 799?

Greetings Claus


HI claus. so the new 799 has more sink and is harder to play than the old 799?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 May 2017, 13:26 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 6583
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 796 times
Gee... have I really been posting here for 2 1/2 years??? How time flies... (the last post I made on this thread seems to be from December 2014).

I'm wondering if the 31 vs. 37 pips per 10cm measurements were made in the same direction (i.e. along the rows rather than across). Maybe I should order a sheet of 799 from Eacheng just to measure... :lol: I'm sure those would be "fresh" (or at least were made in the last year..).

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 May 2017, 02:51 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 23:31
Posts: 26
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times
iskandar taib wrote:
Gee... have I really been posting here for 2 1/2 years??? How time flies... (the last post I made on this thread seems to be from December 2014).

I'm wondering if the 31 vs. 37 pips per 10cm measurements were made in the same direction (i.e. along the rows rather than across). Maybe I should order a sheet of 799 from Eacheng just to measure... :lol: I'm sure those would be "fresh" (or at least were made in the last year..).

Iskandar


Im positive that I measured in the same direction (horizontally).

Greetings Claus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2017, 16:49 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 10 May 2014, 16:13
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I measured the same results as Claus.
An older 2.0 mm red 799 (orange sponge) has 37 pips / 10 cm
A newer (2016) 2.0 mm black 799 mystery has 31 pips / 10 cm

The letters, numbers and symbols are exactly the same

Theo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 06:43 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 586
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
theo wrote:
I measured the same results as Claus.
An older 2.0 mm red 799 (orange sponge) has 37 pips / 10 cm
A newer (2016) 2.0 mm black 799 mystery has 31 pips / 10 cm

The letters, numbers and symbols are exactly the same

Theo


what store sells the new version? how is playing against the 2016 version?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 17:07 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 10 May 2014, 16:13
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
The version with wider spaced pips I bought at sporteurope.nl

The mystery wider 799 gives a little more spin, is easier to loop. The older version is easier to smash, block and drive, has more control in the short game and has also more disturbing effect.

But ist is difficult to tell what the effect is of the sponge en what of the different amount of pips.

Now I play with the Mystery wider spaced version on the FH.

Theo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 14:17 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 6583
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 796 times
You wonder if DHS told ITTF.. :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: