OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 10:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've got two sheets of Ziom Zava short pimples to give away in for a review, a red and a black, both in max thickness. Zava is a relatively fast and spinny Tensor short pimple made in Germany, description below:

http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php ... ts_id=1196
A new type of Tensor short pimple, for great spin and speed. This rubber has softer pimples, and when combined with the Tensor sponge can create great spin and speed, with the potential of a confusing knuckle ball on passive blocks.

"ZAVA I is a pimple out rubber which was developed from completely new concept. Its unique structure and elastic construction is based on our spin-innovative “HYPER ELASTO” technology. As a pimple out rubber, ZAVA I can generate unprecedented spin and very aggressive parabolic trajectory of ball. Like its pimple in brothers - VEGA series - ZAVA I also opens a bigger window above the net. Pimple out players can play with more confidence because the topspin attack from ZAVA I is very secure and even powerful. Well controlled knuckle shot, especially when player performs passive block, is another advantage of ZAVA I. Great harmony of aggressive topspin and effective knuckle block will give players more chance of winning the game."
Made in Germany

The sheet is free or charge but you agree to cover shipping cost if you're outside Australia. In exchange I only ask for a review. Post here if you're interested, and tell me why you're the right person to review this rubber. I will pick the top two entries. Good luck! :up:

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 15:48 

Well, I know I have just joined the forum, so there's no reason you ought to pick me, but:

Aspiring to be something like the great Johnny Huang, I recently switched to short pips on the forehand as well as backhand to narrow my horizons and simplify the game I excel at: rapid reflex, smart placement, and strong hitting. I have much more experience with the SP's on the backhand, but the forehand over the last several weeks has taken very little adjustment (watching how Sharad Pandit handles his pips has certainly helped).

I should add that I have a consistent and strong forehand loop with inverted rubber. However instead of the switch to short pips being a sacrifice, so far I've found that the knowledge of a solid forehand loop really helps with the versatility of potential shots one can make with spinny short pips rubber, as compared to those who never developed a loop stroke, or those who began learning with pips and didn't spend much time with inverted.

I have experience playing with quite a few different short pips (mostly in max sponge), so I would be able to compare the Zava to several SPs already on the market: Tango Ultra, Express Ultra, Raystorm, Hexer Pips, Blowfish, Dragonow, 652,651, etc.

I tend to enjoy writing in detail about anything I write about, and would certainly welcome the experience of trying something new! (my current setup is Joola Express Ultra in max sponge on both sides of a Donic Ovtcharov Senso).

EDIT: Does anyone happen to know if Sharad Pandit still uses ZAVA? Just curious.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 17:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Beta wrote:
EDIT: Does anyone happen to know if Sharad Pandit still uses ZAVA? Just curious.

Yes he does, in max as well. ;)

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 17:46 

haggisv wrote:
Beta wrote:

Oh, interesting. I thought he was using 2.0mm on both sides!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2014, 17:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Beta wrote:
haggisv wrote:
Beta wrote:

Oh, interesting. I thought he was using 2.0mm on both sides!

I'm pretty sure he said max for the zava, but I'll check with him next time I see him. ;)

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2014, 14:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

No-one else interested? :o :o :o

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2014, 16:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I'd like to try the black sheet. Using Legend 105 at the moment on my SP/LP setup.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2014, 08:17 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
I'd be interested in the red sheet. I am taking a diversion into short pimples on my backhand and trying the spinnier versions for an easier transition from inverted. I am hoping to be able to play much of the inverted style still but gain some punchiness from the blocking side of things.

185g

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2014, 19:47 

Blade: Bty Keyshot light
FH: Nittaku Renanos Hold
BH: Nittaku Narucross EX
I am interested in trying out the black sheet.

Being a person who likes to test out variety of equipment this would be very interesting to test out. I tend to rotate my rackets which I have 3 and one of my rackets does have short pimples which is Haifu Dolphin.

If the description is accurate I would welcome the additional effect of the knuckle ball block and would like to try it out. I can compare the rubber to the german made short pips "Mizuno Booster EV" and "Haifu Dolphin"

I have done a review in the past "Mizuno Charge SS" and I can give a honest review if selected.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2014, 08:21 

HI EVERY BODY ,,THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AT THIS ,,,I AM 55 YEARS OF AGE AND PLAY ON THE SUNSHINE COAST IN QLD,,,I HAVE PLAYED COMP,,TT,,FOR APPROX,,7-8 YEARS,,HAD NO TRAINING,,BUT I DID A BIT OF FUN PLAYING AT A MATES PLACE ...AFTER I FINISHED PLAYING COMP ,SOCCER,AT 46..I WANTED TO KEEP ACTIVE SO I JOINED TT,,WAS I IN FOR A AWAKENING,,,THESE GUYS HAD NO MERCY,,,I STARTED IN C GRADE,,,GOT BEATEN IN MOST OF MY MATCHES,,,I WOULD THEN DRIVE HOME,,,WONDERING HOW I COULD IMPROVE...ONLY PLAYING ONCE A WEEK..IT TOOK TIME...I SLOWLY IMPROVED,,I STARTED GOING TO A A GRADE PLAYERS PLACE FOR A HIT WHEN I COULD ,,IAN OAKLEY,,,HAD ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE...HE PLAYED WITH SHORT PIPS,,AINTY,,,LONG PIPS////AT THIS TJME I PLAYED WITH NORMAL RUBBERS,,,BUT I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT SPIN...IN A GAME I WOULD LOOSE A LOT OF POINTS ON SERVE ,,,I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO RETURN SERVE....IAN SAID THAT I HAD A NATURL GREAT BACKHAND,,,MAYBE I SHOULD TRY LONG PIPS ON MY FOREHAND,,JUST SO I COULD RETURN THE SERVE,,,WELL IT WORKED STRAIGHT AWAY,,,I IMPROVED AND NOW PLAY IN A GRADE....I AM STARTING TO UNDERSTAND THE GAME MORE,,,I AM ALWAYS ASKING PEOPLE FOR ADVISE ,,,I PLAYED IN THE AUSTRALIA VETS,,,THE LAST 4 YEARS...AND I HAVE IMPROVED EVERY YEAR,,,I HAD A TALK WITH SARID PANDIT;;IN THIS YEARS VETS ,,,HE SAID HE IS PLAYING WITH ZAVIA MAX ON F.H/ SPECTROL ON B.H/ SARID IS SUCH A NICE PERSON ,,HE GAVE ME GREAT KNOWLEDGE ON SHORT PIPS..PLAY...I HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH SHORT PIPS ON MY BACK HAND ///LONG PIPS ON F.H..SINCE I WATCHED SARID PLAY UP IN NORTHERN TERRIETRY VETS..THE YEAR 2013...I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO PLAY WITH A XIOM ZAVA SHORT PIPS....I WILL REALLY BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR THE CHANCE,,,,,,,THANKS ALEX........

my bat is home made balsa /with berch timber vernier ,,fh palio l.p. ox / b.h. joola express ultra,1.5 i have many different bat combinations mainly ,fh long pips ox///bh short pips ,,i am going to short pips on both sides over the holiday break...to play like sharid ,pandit//////

Last edited by happyaslarry on 21 Dec 2014, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 17:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Last chance...

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 17:50 

hi dark knight ,,,i just want to wish everyone a very merry christmas,,,and most special new year.......enjoy every moment we have on this beautiful planet,,,,,be grateful for all the love that comes to all of us........cheers........how do i let people know the bat and rubbers i play with,,,,,can you explain ,,,i see the others have put theres on there post......

my bat is home made balsa /with berch timber vernier ,,fh palio l.p. ox / b.h. joola express ultra,1.5 i have many different bat combinations mainly ,fh long pips ox///bh short pips ,,i am going to short pips on both sides over the holiday break...to play like sharid ,pandit//////

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 17:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

happyaslarry wrote:
how do i let people know the bat and rubbers i play with,,,,,can you explain ,,,i see the others have put theres on there post......

Click on the "User Control Panel" (top right), then click "profile" on the left, then "edit signature". There you can type in your bat details, and will will automatically be added to your posts. ;)

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 18:34 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

I think Trent Carter did/does use Zava on his bh. Ive had a few hits with it. It hits quite crisply. Its more on the low end for spin though so the balls are quite flat and require better timing than a rubber like 802-40.

EDIT: btw - I dont want a sheet.

Last edited by carbonman on 22 Dec 2014, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 19:20 
Super User

I've played with about a dozen different short pips and I play about 10 - 15 hours a week and also do part-time coaching. I'd be happy to give it a go and write a review of it. I'm also living in Xiom territory, FWIW! :D I'll compare it to Spectol and possibly one other rubber I'm familiar with, like Raystorm. Pick me, pretty please?! :angel:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!