OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 06:42 

Hello All,

Is it correct Andro Revolution C.O.R. short pips have not been permitted by the ITTF for quite some time? I don't see them on the ITTF rubber list.

Is it correct the Andro Rev C.O.R. are Tensor, and very grippy? Could anyone give recommendations on similar SPs, either Tensor or non-Tensor? I'd like to use them on my FH, switching from inverted.

Thanks,
syncup00

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 10:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

syncup00 wrote:
Hello All,

Is it correct Andro Revolution C.O.R. short pips have not been permitted by the ITTF for quite some time? I don't see them on the ITTF rubber list.

Is it correct the Andro Rev C.O.R. are Tensor, and very grippy? Could anyone give recommendations on similar SPs, either Tensor or non-Tensor? I'd like to use them on my FH, switching from inverted.

Thanks,
syncup00

They are quite similar to Joola Tango Ultra, so that would be a good substitute.

Nittaku Moristo SP is also similar.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 13:35 

Hello Andrew,
I'm pleased to get your recommendations.

I thought you might be interested in this video I found where a young player is using Andro Revolution C.O.R. SP on his backhand (see the comments by the poster). I find it impressive the way he effortlessly attacks rather low backspin serves and pushes with his BH, as well as doing great blocks when he needs to. When I saw this video, I thought "I have to have that rubber!". I was disappointed to find out the Andro isn't legal anymore.

You'll notice on many backspin serves and pushes he's doing an upwards "swipe" motion to attack with his BH. Are you confident the JOOLA Tango Ultra could be used in the same fashion, as well as the Moristo SP? I notice the JOOLA is rated rather soft, whereas the Andro is rated as quite hard (although there's only 1 Andro rating on the site I'm checking).

Also, let me know if the Butterfly Raystorm or Victas VO > 102 are comparable to the other 3 rubbers. I see the Raystorm has vertical aligned SP, but not sure of the effect. All of these rubber are on my radar due to their attacking and Tensor/tensioned properties. I like the idea of trying out this newer technology, hoping it will offer good attacking potential, along with a cross between the benefits of SP and inverted (i.e. passive blocking and attacking). I hope to use my BH SP play to set up my FH attack with inverted.

Cheers,
syncup00

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2014, 02:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

When I used Andro Revolution COR it seemed just as soft as Joola Tango Ultra but with slightly wider pips. A Japanese player who visited played with Moristo SP on his backhand and seemed to be able to make that shot, but the pips seemed similar to the other two. As far as I know they're all made in Germany, so probably similar in execution. Haven't tried the more recent tensor pips yet.

Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2014, 16:08 

Andrew,
I meant to ask- what sponge thickness would you recommend for the JOOLA Ultra Tango? I've only been able to find max thickness on the web for shipment to the USA.
Tks,
syncup00

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2014, 09:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

syncup00 wrote:
Andrew,
I meant to ask- what sponge thickness would you recommend for the JOOLA Ultra Tango? I've only been able to find max thickness on the web for shipment to the USA.
Tks,
syncup00

I used 2.0 but now use 1.3 mm with the Armstrong pips so I'm probably not a good one to ask.

Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!