OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2015, 07:39 

Cobalt wrote:
Just wondering what type of player is generally suited to short pips. We've got a decent player at the club who was very good about 20 years ago and just came back to the sport. Equipment has changed a bit in this time. He flat hits nearly everything but when hitting pushes often clips the top of the net. Would SP help with this?

Short pips help for hitting players because of they are not sensitive for spin. Practise helps even more ;)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2015, 10:17 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
pal wrote:
Some days ago, I had a test trial with Palio Flying dragon which was suggested by Fadil. I definitely agree with him. It has very nice speed. It is faster than the most short pips and it has more control than other short pips. Flat hit with very good control. I immediately swapped my TSP super spinpips to Flying dragon. Unbelievable, the ball knows the place where I want to punch him.
I also can recommend it.

I am happy that you like it Pal.Agree with you that when you hit with Flying Dragon the ball knows the place where you want to punch.

PostPosted: 25 May 2017, 01:44 
Super User

poor_knight wrote:
After struggling with SP on my BH for the past month, I switched my Spectol Speed to my FH and, voila, everything became natural and easy! At this stage, I'm thinking of making a permanent switch to a shakehand inverted BH / SP FH player. Mainly planning to attack, attack, attack on my FH, both close to the table and, if possible mid-court as well.

So far my Spectol Speed 1.8mm seems to be working, but was wondering whether people would recommend a different SP for this style.

Cheers
PK

i was using an old spectol sheet kinda old and found that makes little trouble for the opponent and I wonder if the speed version is more tricky to play against the 40+ ball.