OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018, 11:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
bbkon wrote:
nathanso wrote:
bbkon wrote:
HI nathan is spinpips red more spin resistant than beautry? which one gives more nastier blocks?
It's been a long time since I played with Beautry. My recollection is that its blocks are faster than Spinpips RED's but I don't remember how spin resistant it was. Spinpips RED has an uncanny ability to take spin -- but not all the speed -- off the incoming ball when used with a loose, energy-absorbing grip.

so it must be hard to loop again and opponents make mistakes?
Yes, but mostly because they're rushed.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 10:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

bbkon wrote:
so it must be hard to loop again and opponents make mistakes?
Today I built up identical paddles; one with TSP Spinpips RED max and one with Nittaku Beautry max. Not a whole lot of difference between the two, the most prominent difference being that Beautry is quiet and Spinpips RED is loud. Beautry might be a tad faster and throw a tad lower. Both make blocking effortless and dangerously fast.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2018, 17:29 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Spin pips red is so tempting but unfortunately so expensive :(

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 06:01 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
I have it and would love to use it as a trial on my forehand but I fear I would have to change my technique too much. It remains on the backhand of a TSP Balsa blade and sadly underused.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 06:36 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
nathanso wrote:
Today I built up identical paddles; one with TSP Spinpips RED max and one with Nittaku Beautry max. Not a whole lot of difference between the two, the most prominent difference being that Beautry is quiet and Spinpips RED is loud. Beautry might be a tad faster and throw a tad lower. Both make blocking effortless and dangerously fast.

Interesting. That wasn't my experience. I used the Beautry for months before switching to the Spinpips RED on the same blade, and I found the Beautry and Spinpips RED to have similar speed and both to be similarly excellent for blocking, but I found spin-generation on serves, chops and loops to be significantly better with Spinpips RED.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 07:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

nathanso wrote:

Played another night with both these paddles and it's now evident to me that Spinpips RED is better at blocking incoming loops. Beautry seemed sensitive to pip orientation vs the ball's spin, sometimes blocking as expected; other times seeing the ball slip off the pips and just die into the net. This was common against a side looper I played last night who imparted a lot of side-top with his FH. I'm putting Beautry away again, probably for good this time. Hopeful that the new DMS Firestorm SP surpasses Spinpips RED.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 01:10 
Super User

Hi Nathanso,

I'be been playing Spinpips Red for the past 3 months, and unfortunately don't think it is the right one for me. The red sponge is a significant speed upgrade, however topsheet is too soft and pips bend on harder stroke introducing a fair bit of inconsistency. Despite the apparent speed, overall feel is very "mushy" and indirect. I think you mentioned "dreaded pip grip" in your older posts and I think Spinpips Red is showing that in full force.

I'm thinking of retracing your footsteps on Beautry, how do you compare the overall feel? Especially topsheet and sponge hardness, catapult feeling, overall directness etc. Coming from 802-40, Spinpips Red is already a step down in spin, but I'm willing to give up more for something faster and crisp hitting (although still in the spinny pips category).

Apart from Beautry, can you also compare the topsheet/sponge properties against other pips? I'm considering Rakza PO, Waran, and Hexer Force. But ofcourse, open to suggestions.

Thanks,

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 01:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

lasta wrote:
Hi Nathanso,

I'be been playing Spinpips Red for the past 3 months, and unfortunately don't think it is the right one for me. The red sponge is a significant speed upgrade, however topsheet is too soft and pips bend on harder stroke introducing a fair bit of inconsistency. Despite the apparent speed, overall feel is very "mushy" and indirect. I think you mentioned "dreaded pip grip" in your older posts and I think Spinpips Red is showing that in full force.

I'm thinking of retracing your footsteps on Beautry, how do you compare the overall feel? Especially topsheet and sponge hardness, catapult feeling, overall directness etc. Coming from 802-40, Spinpips Red is already a step down in spin, but I'm willing to give up more for something faster and crisp hitting (although still in the spinny pips category).

Apart from Beautry, can you also compare the topsheet/sponge properties against other pips? I'm considering Rakza PO, Waran, and Hexer Force. But ofcourse, open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Is the Xiom Stradivarius a stiff, hard blade without Balsa? If not then I'd first try a more SP-oriented blade because I experience none of the mushy, indirect feel that you described. I guess I should also ask what your playing level is because if you're US2000+ and hitting a lot harder than I do then that could explain it, and maybe indicate that Spinpips BLUE is better suited for your power level.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 02:23 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
lasta wrote:
Hi Nathanso,

Thanks,

Is the Xiom Stradivarius a stiff, hard blade without Balsa? If not then I'd first try a more SP-oriented blade because I experience none of the mushy, indirect feel that you described. I guess I should also ask what your playing level is because if you're US2000+ and hitting a lot harder than I do then that could explain it, and maybe indicate that Spinpips BLUE is better suited for your power level.

Hi, the Stradivarius is a hard medium high stiffness blade. Koto, ALC, Ayous, Kiri I believe. Much harder and crisper feeling than clipper, although very slightly less stiff, definitely not a flexy/trampoline type blade. I hate to admit it, but I'm an unranked player. Only attended local (Shanghai) hosted tournaments over the past 1.5 years and they don't keep score like the US. Definitely not US2000+, but good conststent forehand and I try to impart speed whenever possible. With regards to Blue, I'm aware they have the same topsheet, which is what I found too soft. How does the Beautry topsheet compare? Also Waran which I believe you also tried.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 11:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

lasta wrote:
Hi, the Stradivarius is a hard medium high stiffness blade. Koto, ALC, Ayous, Kiri I believe. Much harder and crisper feeling than clipper, although very slightly less stiff, definitely not a flexy/trampoline type blade. I hate to admit it, but I'm an unranked player. Only attended local (Shanghai) hosted tournaments over the past 1.5 years and they don't keep score like the US. Definitely not US2000+, but good conststent forehand and I try to impart speed whenever possible. With regards to Blue, I'm aware they have the same topsheet, which is what I found too soft. How does the Beautry topsheet compare? Also Waran which I believe you also tried.

Beautry's topsheet feels similar in play to Spinpips RED from what I recall. But it doesn't throw as high or spin as much, as I noted earlier. I didn't like Waran at all.. plasticky feel that I couldn't get to lift or spin the ball. I also recently bought/tried DMS Firestorm as well as the new Gambler SP and I still prefer the TSP pip.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2018, 00:42 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
lasta wrote:

Beautry's topsheet feels similar in play to Spinpips RED from what I recall. But it doesn't throw as high or spin as much, as I noted earlier. I didn't like Waran at all.. plasticky feel that I couldn't get to lift or spin the ball. I also recently bought/tried DMS Firestorm as well as the new Gambler SP and I still prefer the TSP pip.

Beautry pips are trapezoidal like moristo but red is conical not cylinder beautry pips are more separated.red is too mushy not a sharp feeling bitting the ball

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2018, 11:57 

Quote:
Interesting. That wasn't my experience. I used the Beautry for months before switching to the Spinpips RED on the same blade, and I found the Beautry and Spinpips RED to have similar speed and both to be similarly excellent for blocking, but I found spin-generation on serves, chops and loops to be significantly better with Spinpips RED.

i think becuase Spinpips tips have more friction than others

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2018, 00:12 
Super User

spicaofla wrote:
Quote:

Well I disagree red doesnt have almost any pip effect some players said beautry eat the spin like it doesnt care I wonder how is the new moristo

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2018, 00:52 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
spicaofla wrote:
Quote:

The secret to the highish spin capability of TSP spin pips is thought to be due to the widely spaced conical pips. Square on shots have less grip so act more like a classic pip but when contact is at an angle the edges of the pips create the spin helped by the soft sponge. See this old thread.
viewtopic.php?t=27272

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2018, 07:54 

ChasFox wrote:
spicaofla wrote:
Quote:

The secret to the highish spin capability of TSP spin pips is thought to be due to the widely spaced conical pips. Square on shots have less grip so act more like a classic pip but when contact is at an angle the edges of the pips create the spin helped by the soft sponge. See this old thread.
viewtopic.php?t=27272

Interesting, i check my old Stiga Royal shortpip sheet under the microscope, it also have conical pips too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next