OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 08:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Sauer & Tröger Zargus
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017, 01:51 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Here is our (german) review of the Sauer & Tröger Zargus:

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 19:01 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Could someone who understands German and/or has played with Haas or zargus give a short summary of how these two rubbers compare.

I'm looking for a short pip for my bachhand that is a bit slower than Waran i.e easier to passive block topspin but still with a good level of spin and disruptive effect. Also need to be able to push and chop block well.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2020, 21:34 

Blade: Neubauer Technology Plus
FH: Spinlord Waran III
BH: Victas 101
Zargus 1.8:
Firstly I have to say that I wasn't expecting much from this rubber. But I admit that I was very pleasantly surprised.
What I'm looking for is a rubber for my forehand with a low throw, which allows me to perform hard smashes and on certain occasions allow me to lift the ball, consistency for a good block on the table with some disruption and some grip for the service. .
I don't like tension pips because they make short play and smash difficult against undercut balls like Rakza PO, DTecs, Joola Express ultra, Nittaku Moristo. In my opinion I think this last type of rubber is to go from inverted to pips.

Well this rubber has medium soft sponge and a hard surface and grippy. The pips are conical, similar in size and spacing to RITC 802.

I have tried it for 3 days and these have been my feelings:
I feel like it's a pretty hard rubber, despite the soft sponge.
Blocking this rubber shines, consistently, with a low throw and you can easily observe the disruption when your opponents send the ball to net.
Performing pseudo topspins, I don't understand how but it works. You can easily lift undercuts balls, and perform topspins close to the table to pass the smash, obviously mid-range is a problem (that's what inverted rubbers are for).
Smashing it is very very good, it has good power with a low throw, helping the hard feeling. I feel a bit fast in 1.8 so I will ask for a new one in 1.5.

What has surprised me the most is that for the disruption that this rubber has, with this rubber you can perform very good services generating great spin in them.

About the insensitivity to spin and passive blows, I can't say much since I use my forehand only to attack and I don't usually do passive shots.

I will continue for the moment with this one, it seemed great to me.
The rubbers that I have used lately for the forehand have been: Palio Flying Dragon, Yinhe Uranusy Waran 2

Great work from Sauer & Troger

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2020, 06:06 
Super User

malasombra77 wrote:
Zargus 1.8:
Firstly I have to say that I wasn't expecting much from this rubber. But I admit that I was very pleasantly surprised.
What I'm looking for is a rubber for my forehand with a low throw, which allows me to perform hard smashes and on certain occasions allow me to lift the ball, consistency for a good block on the table with some disruption and some grip for the service. .
I don't like tension pips because they make short play and smash difficult against undercut balls like Rakza PO, DTecs, Joola Express ultra, Nittaku Moristo. In my opinion I think this last type of rubber is to go from inverted to pips.

Well this rubber has medium soft sponge and a hard surface and grippy. The pips are conical, similar in size and spacing to RITC 802.

Blocking this rubber shines, consistently, with a low throw and you can easily observe the disruption when your opponents send the ball to net.
Performing pseudo topspins, I don't understand how but it works. You can easily lift undercuts balls, and perform topspins close to the table to pass the smash, obviously mid-range is a problem (that's what inverted rubbers are for).
Smashing it is very very good, it has good power with a low throw, helping the hard feeling. I feel a bit fast in 1.8 so I will ask for a new one in 1.5.

What has surprised me the most is that for the disruption that this rubber has, with this rubber you can perform very good services generating great spin in them.

About the insensitivity to spin and passive blows, I can't say much since I use my forehand only to attack and I don't usually do passive shots.

The rubbers that I have used lately for the forehand have been: Palio Flying Dragon, Yinhe Uranusy Waran 2

Hi there, What you wrote made me think it might be similar to the Flying Dragon, how would you compare the 2?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2020, 16:59 

Of course, my favorite rubber is Flying Dragon, due to its grippy surface and hard sponge and it has no tension effect.
Both Flying Dragon and Zargus have a grippy surface.
And although the Zargus sponge is soft, the feeling when playing is hard.
In both rubbers the pips have notches.
The pips on the zargus are conical while on the Flying Dragon they are straight.

My feeling playing is that Zargus is better for blocking both passively and actively, Zargus clearly has more disruption effect.
Serving both they are capable of generating good spin, perhaps Flying dragon has a little more spin.

Zargus in 1.8 is faster than Flying Dragon in 2.0 mm.

Lifting undercuts balls with topspin is a little easier with Zargus, but both are well behaved.

For smash, Flying Dragon is better because it is a little slower and allows gravity to act more.

Durability !!! Palio Flying Dragon is a shame on this. The sponge separates from the surface very easily. And from time to time you lose a pip.

I have ordered a Zargus in 1.5, I'll tell you how it goes.

Do you know any other rubber similar to Flying Dragon?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2020, 19:00 
Super User

malasombra77 wrote:
Zargus 1.8:

So its similar to 802? How about the durability of zargus?
I read that zargus is like waran?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2020, 19:36 
Super User

malasombra77 wrote:
Of course, my favorite rubber is Flying Dragon, due to its grippy surface and hard sponge and it has no tension effect.
Both Flying Dragon and Zargus have a grippy surface.
And although the Zargus sponge is soft, the feeling when playing is hard.
In both rubbers the pips have notches.
The pips on the zargus are conical while on the Flying Dragon they are straight.

My feeling playing is that Zargus is better for blocking both passively and actively, Zargus clearly has more disruption effect.
Serving both they are capable of generating good spin, perhaps Flying dragon has a little more spin.

Zargus in 1.8 is faster than Flying Dragon in 2.0 mm.

Lifting undercuts balls with topspin is a little easier with Zargus, but both are well behaved.

For smash, Flying Dragon is better because it is a little slower and allows gravity to act more.

Durability !!! Palio Flying Dragon is a shame on this. The sponge separates from the surface very easily. And from time to time you lose a pip.

I have ordered a Zargus in 1.5, I'll tell you how it goes.

Do you know any other rubber similar to Flying Dragon?

There are some (remote) similarities to DHS Sharping, but I prefer the Flying Dragon.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2020, 22:33 

I have only played with 6 days. But it seems to have better durability than the Palio flying Dragon.
IMO the touch of Waran is much softer and a little slower and with a clearly less spin(Waran 2 is closer to Zargus).
802 has less spin but a much greater arc than Zargus.

Have you tried Sharping 2?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2021, 01:44 
Super User

malasombra77 wrote:
I have only played with 6 days. But it seems to have better durability than the Palio flying Dragon.
IMO the touch of Waran is much softer and a little slower and with a clearly less spin(Waran 2 is closer to Zargus).

No, but there s 802 SP new version and the latest generation spectols series S

Waran 2 felt dead to me ,how is zargus? More lively?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2021, 03:24 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Do you know where we can find more information on them ? Also do you know when they are coming out ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2021, 00:09 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
Do you know where we can find more information on them ? Also do you know when they are coming out ?

I want to know that too, there are new spectol and spinpips versions too.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2021, 22:07 

bbkon wrote:
malasombra77 wrote:

Sorry for my delay.
Waran 2 is indisputably more lively than Zargus.

Palio flying Dragon is still my first choice for the forehand at the moment

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2021, 12:06 

Anyone tried Hass? I'm amused by the product description. Seems like a perfect rubber for trolls.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2021, 16:00 

Hass has a definitely greater distorting effect.

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2022, 06:14 
Super User

malasombra77 wrote:
bbkon wrote:
malasombra77 wrote:

Sorry for my delay.
Waran 2 is indisputably more lively than Zargus.

Palio flying Dragon is still my first choice for the forehand at the moment

Zargus feels dead like chinese rubber?!