OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2008, 17:06 

Yeah I can see that Baxter is expensive compared to chinese rubbers.
Unfortunately in Denmark we are used to expensive rubbers. A normal prise will be between 40 US $ til 63 US $ for the latest Butterfly Tenergy 05. Only chinese rubbers will go under 30 $.

Flemming

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 15:00 
Super User

sledge_hammer wrote:
Yesterday I got a Donic Baxter F1A in 2.0 mm. I´ve been playing with a 1,8 mm Friendship 802-1 in my backhand for half a year, but I was inspied by Kees´ article on sponge thickness and wanted to try a thicker sponge in a tournament last night. The rubber seemed quite fast when I glued in on the bat but strangely enough the rubber offered more control in my defensive game. I was able to chop consistently after a short while, much more consistently compared to my usual 1,8 mm 802-1. The rubber is also capable of producing quite spinny balls, roughly the same amount of spin as the 802-1.
Close to the table the Baxter was a dream to block with. Very high control. It was both possible to take the pace completely off the ball and also make a fast flat block. Pushing close to the table was easy and I the Baxter felt more controlable than the 802-1, in spite of the thicker sponge. It was also possible to loop consistently. Both Baxter F1A and the 802-1 in spinny enough to loop with a fair amount of spin. This makes it easier to attack long serves and make opening shots. Quite e few times I initiated my attack with a backhand loop, followed by a forehand smash or loop. My opponent often miscalculated the amount of spin in my backhand. The Baxter in softer in the pimples than the 802-1, but when serving and pushing, the ball will dig in and produce a good deal of spin. I left the tournament undefeated and was very satisfied with the Baxter F1A. This rubber can be recommended to everybody who likes the 802-1, but seeks a little more control.

Flemming

HI flemming baxter f1a does it makes the sound of glued rubber when hitting?? is it more like 802 or 802-1

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 07:09 
Super User

sledge_hammer wrote:
Yesterday I got a Donic Baxter F1A in 2.0 mm. I´ve been playing with a 1,8 mm Friendship 802-1 in my backhand for half a year, but I was inspied by Kees´ article on sponge thickness and wanted to try a thicker sponge in a tournament last night. The rubber seemed quite fast when I glued in on the bat but strangely enough the rubber offered more control in my defensive game. I was able to chop consistently after a short while, much more consistently compared to my usual 1,8 mm 802-1. The rubber is also capable of producing quite spinny balls, roughly the same amount of spin as the 802-1.
Close to the table the Baxter was a dream to block with. Very high control. It was both possible to take the pace completely off the ball and also make a fast flat block. Pushing close to the table was easy and I the Baxter felt more controlable than the 802-1, in spite of the thicker sponge. It was also possible to loop consistently. Both Baxter F1A and the 802-1 in spinny enough to loop with a fair amount of spin. This makes it easier to attack long serves and make opening shots. Quite e few times I initiated my attack with a backhand loop, followed by a forehand smash or loop. My opponent often miscalculated the amount of spin in my backhand. The Baxter in softer in the pimples than the 802-1, but when serving and pushing, the ball will dig in and produce a good deal of spin. I left the tournament undefeated and was very satisfied with the Baxter F1A. This rubber can be recommended to everybody who likes the 802-1, but seeks a little more control.

Flemming

does it has the sound of speed glue gitting? does it last?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 09:04 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Baxster is fast and clicks too, but not as much as a speedglued 802

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 17:55 
Super User

ilikepie wrote:
Baxster is fast and clicks too, but not as much as a speedglued 802

so it would be like an euro version of 802? what is missing less spin?, i want to try baxter since i think chinese pips are heavier than non chinese pips and i want to play rpb

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2014, 09:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Does anyone still sell the D25? Is it still on the approved list.

I like the D25, but have not tried F or DB? version...can anyone compare these three?

I asked this before, but will try again, since I didn't get answer.

What other Pips Out rubber would most closely compare with the D-25?
Thanks,
tOD