OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 06:51 
Super User

Kees wrote:
agooding2 wrote:
Quote:
If you want to try something grippier but still very fast, the new Friendship Legend 105 seems a souped up version of 799. I'm using it on an all wood Off blade, works quite well.

Since I was diagnosed having a hernia in the lower spine region, and had to give up modern defence using inverted and anti-spin for chopping away from the table and looping, I have begun using this rubber as well, in 1.9 mm, red, on a Tibhar Defense Plus blade (with Friendship 837 OX on the backhand). It is a notch faster than Friendship's 802-40, is capable of producing about the same good amount of spin, but is far less sensitive to incoming spin, and hits flat beautifully with good sinking effect. And it is very light-weight as well, which is a blessing to me. I use it close to the table for blocking and hitting, and even if I can't move around lot anymore, I seem to be getting back at the same level of play I was before. Its only rival, which I have on my other Def Plus, is the Double Fish 820 A (red, 2.0 mm), which is also something in between a short and medium pip, and even slightly faster than the 105. It is a lot less spinny and so produces more sink and has a flatter trajectory; very effective for blocking and hitting and great control in short play over the table. It is quite heayvy, though.

is 820a arc flatter than 802 or 799? what pip is lower arc than 802 or moristo but less spiny with out being tricky as spectol?

I wonder how this data fits in the 40+ world?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 15:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

bbkon wrote:
Kees wrote:
agooding2 wrote:
Quote:
If you want to try something grippier but still very fast, the new Friendship Legend 105 seems a souped up version of 799. I'm using it on an all wood Off blade, works quite well.

Since I was diagnosed having a hernia in the lower spine region, and had to give up modern defence using inverted and anti-spin for chopping away from the table and looping, I have begun using this rubber as well, in 1.9 mm, red, on a Tibhar Defense Plus blade (with Friendship 837 OX on the backhand). It is a notch faster than Friendship's 802-40, is capable of producing about the same good amount of spin, but is far less sensitive to incoming spin, and hits flat beautifully with good sinking effect. And it is very light-weight as well, which is a blessing to me. I use it close to the table for blocking and hitting, and even if I can't move around lot anymore, I seem to be getting back at the same level of play I was before. Its only rival, which I have on my other Def Plus, is the Double Fish 820 A (red, 2.0 mm), which is also something in between a short and medium pip, and even slightly faster than the 105. It is a lot less spinny and so produces more sink and has a flatter trajectory; very effective for blocking and hitting and great control in short play over the table. It is quite heayvy, though.

is 820a arc flatter than 802 or 799? what pip is lower arc than 802 or moristo but less spiny with out being tricky as spectol?

I wonder how this data fits in the 40+ world?

DF820a does have a lower arc than Friendship 802 and 799.
A low arc is the result of low spin.
Medium arc tends to work best with SP, as low arc and low spin will make it more difficult to get the ball over the net without hitting over the table.
Spectol is tricky because it is fast without being very spinny.
Iy you want Friendship 802 to be less spinny or have a lower arc, glue it to a harder sponge, or acquire the classic Tackspeed version (orange sponge).
The 40+ ball works with classic pips, but it is easier to play with when your SP is on the spinny side. Most of the newly developed SP's are spinnier than the classic rubbers, for this reason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6