OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 18:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Spinlord Waran II
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 03:48 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Re-impact Smart
FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm
BH: Spinlord Agenda OX
Has anyone tried this rubber? I played with the original Waran for awhile but found it a bit too unreliable on blocks and chops (throw was too high), though great in every other department. This one is said to be even faster, so it might be great for all-out short pips attackers. Here is a review from TT-Maximum (if you're just interested in their overall review and not in any of the actual testing and commentary, skip to around 5:45 in the video):

IV. Victas Koji Matsushita; FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm; BH: TSP P-1R 1.0-1.3mm
USATT Rating: 2037

Post subject: Re: Spinlord Waran II
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 21:39 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
Has anyone tried this rubber? I played with the original Waran for awhile but found it a bit too unreliable on blocks and chops (throw was too high), though great in every other department. This one is said to be even faster, so it might be great for all-out short pips attackers. Here is a review from TT-Maximum (if you're just interested in their overall review and not in any of the actual testing and commentary, skip to around 5:45 in the video):

Hello,

I´m playing Waran II with 2mm sponge as FH-Rubber on an all+/off- Balsa/Carbo Wood (Arbalest Thor 6.0, new Version of Yinhe/Galaxy Speer).
BH is Spinlord Keiler 1,5.
The sponge is quite harder then the sponge of Waran.
It´s a bit faster and more direct (therefore more reliable) than Waran. Throw angle is in fact lower.
So it should suit you well.

Difficult is sometimes to find the right angle between throwing the ball into the net and throwing it over the table.
Block/Counter/Smash ist excellent. I try everythink to avoid chopping. Not because the rubber wouldn´t allow it, but because of tactics.

I like this rubber very much. On a faster wood, you maybe get problems controlling it.

Greetings Claus.